Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced
Apr 23, 2016 at 12:08 AM Post #691 of 1,746
No I have not, I think it's better to wait for the burn in to be done. I promise I will try it if you want to, butt atleast for now the negative effects you heard of is not there for me.

Let time do its thing, hahaha. People may question the burn-in process often but I feel that it somewhat does make a difference, be it psychologically or in reality.

Apr 23, 2016 at 1:51 AM Post #692 of 1,746
There isn't much downside to that actually. 

could you explain why? or is it just you are not a dsd fan

May 12, 2016 at 10:11 AM Post #698 of 1,746
  OK I decided going with a 2Qute now. But one decision still have to be made, should I go with silver ... or black ...

The black; it reveals my darker side. Both look good though, so it's just a matter of taste.

On a different note: Has Chord updated the driver for the 2Qute? I have a problem with Jriver sometimes. I open the program and the first song I began to play is sped up or skewed in some way. I believe my setting's are right and maybe it's an issue with the driver. 

My second system, which has the audiophilleo, operates without a glitch every time. I use the same Window's 7 pc and WASAPI mode for both. Rebooting the pc and 2Qute fixes the problem, so, I don't know if it's the software? Operating system? drivers? Or what??

I also noted that it generally occurs after opening and closing the Jriver program a few times. I have also seen the screen turn white when coming back from listening to dsd's?

May 12, 2016 at 4:01 PM Post #700 of 1,746
Hello,

Just to warn, I received my 2Qute into a box onto which the picture was showing it black but opening the box the 2Qute was silver.

May 12, 2016 at 4:44 PM Post #701 of 1,746
I hope to receive my 2Qute on saturday and do some listening through the weekend. I think there will be a black Chord in the box.
wink.gif

May 12, 2016 at 5:07 PM Post #702 of 1,746
Is there any real advantage in a DAC with balanced output (e.g. MX-DAC and Gustard X20U) compared with a 2Qute which has only RCA when the cable run is quite short? I'll soon compare my MX-DAC with the Mojo and may decide to replace both with 2Qute. 

May 12, 2016 at 6:31 PM Post #703 of 1,746
  Unlike the original Qute, 2 Qute does not benefit sonically from having a different power supply. I compared the supplied PSU with a 12v 300A car battery and could hear no difference in SQ.

Some power supplies have damaged Qute as they do not output 12v but greater voltages - this will damage the protection circuitry.

Use of a different power supply will void Chord's warranty.

Rob 

What would be a safe maximum voltage?

May 14, 2016 at 6:19 PM Post #705 of 1,746
Just been reading all 47 pages of this discussion. I'm a newby to DACs and it's been very interesting - so much detail from everyone, helps me so much!!

I have a question on partnering equipment. 

I plan to play lossless music from my iMac to 2Qute, via USB. I have an old Arcam Alpha 8 integrated amp - is this completely past it now or will you think i'll be able to hear the benefit still? I'm open to putting my hand in my pocket to buy something else up to £1200

Any advice on partnering speakers would be very much appreciated too, thanks. I've been weighing up PMC, B&W, KEF, etc. Budget probably up to about £1200 again.

Thanks so much, there's so much choice out there it renders my ability to make my mind up, difficult! lol

Nick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back