Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced
Mar 16, 2016 at 6:26 AM Post #677 of 1,746
So andromeda guess what, I have in my possession an sbooster and an sbooster ultra. Will try it out later this afternoon. Do you use it with the stock power cable, I have an spare isotek premier I could use. Maybe that's overkill and makes no sense.

Mar 16, 2016 at 7:38 AM Post #678 of 1,746
So andromeda guess what, I have in my possession an sbooster and an sbooster ultra. Will try it out later this afternoon. Do you use it with the stock power cable, I have an spare isotek premier I could use. Maybe that's overkill and makes no sense.

Yes  i think also that will be overkill and will maybe change the concept of the Sbootster . About the Sbootster ultra,  it depends on the DAC how it works out, I did read that it does have a negative effect when used with the 2Qute ,the sound will move as a whole a little bit backwards, and the soundstage will be a little bit smaller. But i'm curious to your findings.   

Mar 16, 2016 at 11:10 AM Post #679 of 1,746
Ok discussion over, the sbooster even without any burn in makes a huge difference. I put on mad max: fury road, a movie I have seen many times on blue ray and also watch scenes from when I tweak and buy new products. The sbooster puts the movie in hyper-realism mode. Everything is super clear and spaced out without a hint of harshness. My pontiell bias is bypassed when the sound of trickling sand (when max rises after the crash), chains and explosions creates a sensation in the back of my neck(I have never felt from watching music och movies anywhere). Can it really get any better then this?? :)

Mar 16, 2016 at 11:30 AM Post #680 of 1,746
Ok discussion over, the sbooster even without any burn in makes a huge difference. I put on mad max: fury road, a movie I have seen many times on blue ray and also watch scenes from when I
tweak and buy new products. The sbooster puts the movie in hyper-realism mode. Everything is super clear and spaced out without a hint of harshness. My pontiell bias is bypassed when the sound of trickling sand (when max rises after the crash), chains and explosions creates a sensation in the back of my neck(I have never felt from watching music och movies anywhere). Can it really get any better then this?? :)

Good to read .Is this with or without the ultra

Mar 16, 2016 at 12:23 PM Post #681 of 1,746
With the ultra. I have no sensation of the sound being more distant as of now. How much better did it get for you after the recommended burn in of 100 hours? I really want stress this to everyone reading, this thing is AMAZING. This is not an insubstantial nerdy tweak.

Mar 16, 2016 at 2:06 PM Post #682 of 1,746
With the ultra. I have no sensation of the sound being more distant as of now. How much better did it get for you after the recommended burn in of 100 hours? I really want stress this to everyone reading, this thing is AMAZING. This is not an insubstantial nerdy tweak.

I it will still get better after 100 hours .According to my supplier it wil reach it's full potential after 300 hours burn in .How much better I don't know I think it will depend on your hearing cappisity

Mar 16, 2016 at 2:46 PM Post #683 of 1,746

Did you try it without the Ultra ? can you give me your impression what the difference is between with and without the ultra ? Thank you. 

Mar 25, 2016 at 8:20 AM Post #686 of 1,746
Hello everyone. Back at the forum after absence for maybe more than 10 years. Still have my old setup but want to do changes.
Had several DACs for checking in the past but never was really pleased so stayed with the internal DAC of my Teac VRDS 25x CD.

Now I want try a external DAC again and through searches found the Chord 2Qute what seems perfect for me.
Rob Watts, the WTA filter etc. is not new to me, actually I read about that from his first DAC he made, before Chord DAC64.

OK, some questions.
The 2Qute was introduced last year but I have seen several other new or updated Chord Dacs through the last years, so someone knows if the 2Qute will stay or will be updated in the next months? Maybe different power supply, new software whatever? In that case I would prefere waiting for the new version.

The 2Qute will be used with my VRDS 25x but I also plan to go with an additional audio player for FLAC files, but have no experience in this direction so far. Who owns a 2Qute and such audio player? Which audio player matches perfectly the 2Qute or other Chord DAC sound wise?

An other idea is going with a Raspberry based audio player but I have no experience in this direction as well, talk about old school.
Someone tried a Raspberry and does this make sense or is it too bad soundwise for using as source for a Chord DAC?
I know you have to use a addon board so you could go with coax or optical cables but again which is best addon board?
Hifiberry DAC+ or any other?
Thanks.

Apr 17, 2016 at 3:17 PM Post #688 of 1,746
its a pity Chord did not make the 2qute quad dsd capable, as they did with mojo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back