Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jan 10, 2024 at 7:38 PM Post #18,406 of 18,893
I had the battery replaced by the Sound Organisation a few months ago. It has since come loose and rattles around inside.

Can anyone tell me how to open the Poly case without breaking the plastic window? I'm sure Rick would fix it for free (sans shipping) but that'll take at least a couple of weeks. I'm impatient...

thanks!!

Jan 10, 2024 at 10:17 PM Post #18,407 of 18,893
I had the battery replaced by the Sound Organisation a few months ago. It has since come loose and rattles around inside.

Can anyone tell me how to open the Poly case without breaking the plastic window? I'm sure Rick would fix it for free (sans shipping) but that'll take at least a couple of weeks. I'm impatient...

thanks!!
I have changed the poly battery myself BUT be very careful of the light tube. I got mine back in place by sheer luck. I can’t recall the trick of opening but I believe there is a video or tear down on the net.

Jan 12, 2024 at 8:51 AM Post #18,411 of 18,893
Anyone using Poly primarily using Android phone Hotspot and Bubble upnP Audio Cast from Spotify and Youtube Music?

How much improvement does Poly bring to the Mojo?
The Poly does not support Android Audio Cast, so you cannot cast from Spotify to the Poly via WiFi, but only via Bluetooth SBC, Spotify is not supported by BubbleUPnP but only Tidal and Qobuz

Jan 12, 2024 at 9:02 AM Post #18,412 of 18,893
Anyone using Poly primarily using Android phone Hotspot and Bubble upnP Audio Cast from Spotify and Youtube Music?

Yes, I tried that but it was pausing the music frequently and I gave up... I was using bubbleUPnP Audio Cast on my Fiio M11 Plus and transmitting in UPnP to the Poly. Maybe I should try again with another DAP... I tried with both Spotify and Amazon Music, maybe other apps would work better... I was using home wifi though, not hotspot. Note that Spotify did not work at all.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2024 at 10:32 AM Post #18,413 of 18,893
I'd think you'd be better off with something like a Hiby R5.2 for that, less money too.

The Poly does not support Android Audio Cast, so you cannot cast from Spotify to the Poly via WiFi, but only via Bluetooth SBC, Spotify is not supported by BubbleUPnP but only Tidal and Qobuz

Yes, I tried that but it was pausing the music frequently and I gave up... I was using bubbleUPnP Audio Cast on my Fiio M11 Plus and transmitting in UPnP to the Poly. Maybe I should try again with another DAP... I tried with both Spotify and Amazon Music, maybe other apps would work better... I was using home wifi though, not hotspot. Note that Spotify did not work at all.

Thanks all.. I love the poly form factor. But this is a bit disappointing. I tried Hiby R3 DAP before, but the adding separate digital device might be a bit too complicated for me.

Thanks again for your help.

Jan 12, 2024 at 10:56 AM Post #18,414 of 18,893
Thanks all.. I love the poly form factor. But this is a bit disappointing. I tried Hiby R3 DAP before, but the adding separate digital device might be a bit too complicated for me.

Thanks again for your help.
For using music on microSD the Poly via MPD protocol is fantastic and irreplaceable both in terms of efficiency and stability compared to the UPnP/Dlna protocol and in sound quality, it works perfectly with Roon too

Jan 12, 2024 at 11:59 AM Post #18,415 of 18,893

It might be worth noting that you can use Spotify with Poly using the SpotConnect utility to transmit over UPnP or AirPlay. This is not a portable solution though as it requires a helper app on the network... I'm running it on my NAS.

https://github.com/philippe44/SpotConnect

Jan 12, 2024 at 12:36 PM Post #18,416 of 18,893
It might be worth noting that you can use Spotify with Poly using the SpotConnect utility to transmit over UPnP or AirPlay. This is not a portable solution though as it requires a helper app on the network... I'm running it on my NAS.

https://github.com/philippe44/SpotConnect
Nice, I'd use it if Spotify ever release a HiFi subscription but why would they, so many people stick with it because they are used to it, have all their playlists setup and just don't care that it compressed music.

Jan 12, 2024 at 3:14 PM Post #18,417 of 18,893

I find that there are times when the Poly does seem to enable a blacker background in between tracks.
The poly is also very convenient if you want to play playlists from the SD card.

If you want to cast music, then the current poly is a no:no.
Some owners reported success dispensing with Poly, and using the original google chromecast, connected via the optical cable to the Mojo.
Like the other owners, I found that the sound sounded strange for the first half hour, but (maybe it was burn-in inside the chromecast) after that the sound returned to the normal Mojo signature.

Jan 13, 2024 at 11:42 PM Post #18,418 of 18,893
Because I'm lazy efficient, i've created a small bash script to make your music library into separate playlists. I guarantee that this works on my machine.

for artist in *; do echo "$(for album in "$artist"/*; do echo "$(for track in "$album"/*; do echo "/media/sdcard/music/""$track"; done)">>"$(echo "$album" | sed 's/\//\ \-\ /')".m3u; done)"; done

A small explanation:
my library has one main directory, in it are all artist directories, and in those are the album directories. in those are all tracks. an example:

Music/Mike Oldfield/1973 - Tubular Bells/1 01 - Part 1.flac
Music/Mike Oldfield/1973 - Tubular Bells/1 02 - Part 2.flac
Music/Mike Oldfield/1974 - Hergest Ridge/1 01 - Part 1.flac
Music/Mike Oldfield/1974 - Hergest Ridge/1 02 - Part 2.flac
Music/Muse/1999 - Showbiz/1 01 - Sunburn.flac

et cetera

the script now checks every artist directory (for artist in *)
then every album directory in every artist dir (for album in $artist)
finally every track in every artist directory (for track in $album)
this information is modified to match the music directory of the Poly's SD card (/media/sdcard/music) and written to (for example) a file called Mike Oldfield - 1973 - Tubular Bells.m3u, making a new file for each different album folder.

for the +/- 700 albums in my collection, this took seconds. now just copy your music to the 'music' folder of your SD card, and the .m3u files to the root directory of the SD card. done!

Jan 14, 2024 at 12:48 PM Post #18,419 of 18,893
There is a new Poly Firmware 3.2.1. See: https://chordelectronics.co.uk/poly-and-2go-firmware-release-notes

Screenshot 2024-01-14 at 11.45.04 AM.png
Has this been out a while now? The new FW installed without problems for me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back