Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Oct 2, 2023 at 4:18 PM Post #18,196 of 18,932
There’s so many posts on this thread. You have to wonder… maybe there are a lot of faulty devices out there (unlikely) as there’s lots of people like me who use a Poly/Mojo 2 daily with none of the problems reported and feel it’s an amazing device that is really versatile and sounds fantastic. If I came across this thread I would have been put off buying one which would have been a big mistake.

Oct 2, 2023 at 4:52 PM Post #18,197 of 18,932
There’s so many posts on this thread. You have to wonder… maybe there are a lot of faulty devices out there (unlikely) as there’s lots of people like me who use a Poly/Mojo 2 daily with none of the problems reported and feel it’s an amazing device that is really versatile and sounds fantastic. If I came across this thread I would have been put off buying one which would have been a big mistake.
Well, it is not a bad device, with multiple functions, there is always a walk around for an application. The service of Moon Audio and the user support of chord are also acceptable. I am unfortunately got one defected unit first time which died after two weeks of usage, then the replaced one which works but the SD card DLNA server not working.
My original purpose to purchase Poly is to use the SD card function, and the MPD play way works perfect. Then it does not worth my time to return it for repair again.
I would say to make a purchase, make sure which function you need and test it after, return Poly if it is not right for you.

Oct 2, 2023 at 5:05 PM Post #18,198 of 18,932
Well, it is not a bad device, with multiple functions, there is always a walk around for an application. The service of Moon Audio and the user support of chord are also acceptable. I am unfortunately got one defected unit first time which died after two weeks of usage, then the replaced one which works but the SD card DLNA server not working.
My original purpose to purchase Poly is to use the SD card function, and the MPD play way works perfect. Then it does not worth my time to return it for repair again.
I would say to make a purchase, make sure which function you need and test it after, return Poly if it is not right for you.
I often find the DLNA server unavailable after messing around with setup stuff.
Usually if I switch to Roon mode and then back again, the server pops up.

Oct 2, 2023 at 11:14 PM Post #18,199 of 18,932
Hi I have an issue on Poly I believe.
At the first time I got Poly, I enjoy it pretty well until it cannot turn on anymore. Then I get a replacement unit which is also new according to the company.
This time the BubbleUPnP android app cannot see the Poly server with my SD card musics files. It can play by using music file on the phone and use Poly as a renderer, but not seeing files on SD card of Poly. This was not a problem with my first unit, where BubbleUPnP shows both the Poly renderer and Poly library.
The MPD method using MALP client app works well, I can play music files, create playlists and see the files on Poly SD card.
It seems like it was not a hardware problem, but how to fix? Likely the Poly does not cast itself as a DLNA server such that no way for BubbleUPnP to connect. Is there a switch or setting in the GoFigure app or somewhere to turn this function on?
Thanks!
Hello,
I have gone through my issue with Chord support and Moon Audio support. The issue cannot be solved. Well the next step I can do is to send the Poly back to the retailer and let them to test/repair. But it does not worth the time, since Ploy already works for me using other methods. Interestingly I have tried almost all the function of Poly (Roon, bluetooth, hotspot, SD card, MPD, BubbleUPnP, qobuz etc.), these all works well but not the SD card as DLNA server. This issue can be walked around by using MPD to browser and play music through Poly SD card.
It is a mystery what happened to my new Poly, maybe the next firmware update will fix this. This issue is obviously not on all Polys. My first Poly has no problem at all, but died in two weeks, the replaced one works fine but not the SD card as DLNA server part.

Oct 3, 2023 at 12:13 PM Post #18,200 of 18,932
Hello,
I have gone through my issue with Chord support and Moon Audio support. The issue cannot be solved. Well the next step I can do is to send the Poly back to the retailer and let them to test/repair. But it does not worth the time, since Ploy already works for me using other methods. Interestingly I have tried almost all the function of Poly (Roon, bluetooth, hotspot, SD card, MPD, BubbleUPnP, qobuz etc.), these all works well but not the SD card as DLNA server. This issue can be walked around by using MPD to browser and play music through Poly SD card.
It is a mystery what happened to my new Poly, maybe the next firmware update will fix this. This issue is obviously not on all Polys. My first Poly has no problem at all, but died in two weeks, the replaced one works fine but not the SD card as DLNA server part.
Which make of SD card are you using?

Oct 11, 2023 at 5:52 AM Post #18,204 of 18,932
Mr Darko has just published a video on YouTube based on research done by "Brother Thomas". As the Poly is an AirPlay 1 device music data will always be transmitted to it @ ALAC (Apple Lossless Audio Codec) 16/44.

Hopefully this puts some people's minds at rest, those not interested in Hi-Res will always be listening to "CD quality" audio.

The summary chart.

1697017688682.png

Oct 12, 2023 at 3:33 PM Post #18,205 of 18,932
If someone is looking out for a Poly check out my classifieds. Battery has been replaced under warranty on Oct, 6 2023.

Oct 13, 2023 at 9:18 AM Post #18,206 of 18,932
I’m hearing small bursts of static when poly accesses the microsd card. Unit is nowhere near a phone when this happens. Using a sandisk 1tb card and shuffling the library. Is there a reason for the static? Gotta say, I’m getting WAY more use out of the poly with the Mojo2. The Mojo2 is a significant upgrade over the mojo. Getting almost nine hours of battery with IEMs.

Oct 15, 2023 at 1:33 PM Post #18,207 of 18,932
I’m hearing small bursts of static when poly accesses the microsd card. Unit is nowhere near a phone when this happens. Using a sandisk 1tb card and shuffling the library. Is there a reason for the static? Gotta say, I’m getting WAY more use out of the poly with the Mojo2. The Mojo2 is a significant upgrade over the mojo. Getting almost nine hours of battery with IEMs.
All I can say is I do not get any static with SD card or AirPlay. Hope you figure it out.

Oct 15, 2023 at 3:17 PM Post #18,208 of 18,932
The only thing I can add to that is that heavily fragmented files may be located/used on the MicroSD-card. Putting these fragments together to one song/file might produce this noise, as it is often observed/heard on computers. One approach might be to avoid heavily fragmented files. I am not really up to date which capabilities of the SDcard-filesystem extFS are provided, but some Linux-filesystems provide commands to check out file fragmentation.
If no one else ever has experience this, this might also indicate a defective poly/SDcard-unit.
If you need further hints/assistance, I may help. Just PM me.
Possibly you have already wiped your SDcard and copied your library to this SDcard again.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back