Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Aug 31, 2023 at 9:57 AM Post #18,091 of 18,892
Yes other than requiring an MFi certified connection iPhones don't require special software to stream bit-perfect, its built in, iPad too, but strangely not MacBooks.

I agree a Poly is definitely a "nice to have" item but I would also think the Mojo is a nice to have too, I could probably just use a cheap £20 Bluetooth headphone. :)

Chord's John Franks, who was instrumental in the design and release of the Poly and 2Go, say's it doesn't need a screen, everyone already carries a screen around with them and I have to agree with him, once you have it working and with the latest F/W the Poly is a great device.
One more question, if you use the poly for playback source, is there an option to change channel balance? My hearing is imbalanced, sometimes, so I normally trim the L channel to make voices in the centre rather than skew left.

I think my hearing imbalance is to do variable pressure in my head tbh, as sometimes it is more noticeable than others. And especially when stuffing my ear canals with iems, some will be better than other, even better on some days than others even though they all have seal.

Aug 31, 2023 at 1:52 PM Post #18,094 of 18,892
{+
Someone in the mojo2 thread thinks the poly makes the sound better vs connecting the Mojo2 to a cable connection in from other source.

Have you found that?

If so, why would it be the case? Especially optical. Lots of capacity in light.

For me, the mojo2 also replaces a 15 year old desktop amp that's started to fail. So it had even more purpose. I don't actually take my gear outside of the house due to ocd, the only time I need portability is when I walk around the house listening to music while doing housework.
Unless my USB source is electrically very noisy I don’t believe I ever notice any difference between Poly over USB and a laptop or desktop PC, but if someone thinks it sounds better then that’s fine, I really don’t want to open that can of worms again.

Optical usually sounds warmer which according to Rob Warts, it most likely means you are listening to a cleaner digital signal.

I take Poly and Mojo 2 out every day it needs it’s exercise but not in the rain and I always check if there is any rain forecast too before I go out.

I would say based on your usage you are probably better off not bothering with the stress of Poly and just use Mojo 2 as you currently do.

Aug 31, 2023 at 2:46 PM Post #18,096 of 18,892
{+

Unless my USB source is electrically very noisy I don’t believe I ever notice any difference between Poly over USB and a laptop or desktop PC, but if someone thinks it sounds better then that’s fine, I really don’t want to open that can of worms again.

Optical usually sounds warmer which according to Rob Warts, it most likely means you are listening to a cleaner digital signal.

I take Poly and Mojo 2 out every day it needs it’s exercise but not in the rain and I always check if there is any rain forecast too before I go out.

I would say based on your usage you are probably better off not bothering with the stress of Poly and just use Mojo 2 as you currently do.
Sorry, since this is a 1000 page thread, any cans of worms will be fresh for me lol.

I've only had the mojo2 for less than 24 hours lol. I used spdif / optical from my desktop pc to test the mojo2 sound quality. If I'm at my desktop, between optical and usb, I would always choose optical. So usb noise would not be a factor.

Aug 31, 2023 at 5:19 PM Post #18,100 of 18,892
Poly doesn’t have optical output?

No. Poly sends a digital signal to Mojo via USB.
No I meant did he compare streaming from the poly to optical in from a pc? He only said "wired" but he did not specificy what kind of wired cable. I assume he meant usb from a mobile where there could be interference, especially if the phone is cheap. I on the other hand have what was a top spec desktop tower (mother board / psu was not skimped on) from a couple of years ago with optical / spdif out.

Sep 1, 2023 at 2:43 AM Post #18,101 of 18,892
No I meant did he compare streaming from the poly to optical in from a pc? He only said "wired" but he did not specificy what kind of wired cable. I assume he meant usb from a mobile where there could be interference, especially if the phone is cheap. I on the other hand have what was a top spec desktop tower (mother board / psu was not skimped on) from a couple of years ago with optical / spdif out.
If I were you I would just use the optical out from your PC and be happy that you have the best possible sound.

The only downside of optical is it can "only" go up to 192/24 or DSD64, again a can of worms but who needs higher bit-rates than that anyway. 🤷‍♂️

Sep 2, 2023 at 11:32 PM Post #18,102 of 18,892
One more question, if you use the poly for playback source, is there an option to change channel balance? My hearing is imbalanced, sometimes, so I normally trim the L channel to make voices in the centre rather than skew left.

I think my hearing imbalance is to do variable pressure in my head tbh, as sometimes it is more noticeable than others. And especially when stuffing my ear canals with iems, some will be better than other, even better on some days than others even though they all have seal.

I have the same problem, I thought it was my tt2 that was the cause, so I sent it back to be fixed. I’m sure if there was a mechanical fault chord would fix it, but when I got it back I still had the same problem, so I tested out some other devices and all of them had the same imbalance, aka fckd up hearing, I’ve trashed my hearing once I took the chord path, nobodies fault but my own.

I have tried various tweaks with variable success

Sep 3, 2023 at 6:26 AM Post #18,103 of 18,892
I have the same problem, I thought it was my tt2 that was the cause, so I sent it back to be fixed. I’m sure if there was a mechanical fault chord would fix it, but when I got it back I still had the same problem, so I tested out some other devices and all of them had the same imbalance, aka fckd up hearing, I’ve trashed my hearing once I took the chord path, nobodies fault but my own.

I have tried various tweaks with variable success
What does your doctor / audiologist think is the problem is with you?

My audiologist who performed a hearing test and looked inside my ears said she couldn't detect anything physical or from her tests to indicate why my hearing should be slightly skewed as minimum level / frequency response for both ears roughly match.

She thought it was neurological / perception issue because according to what I told her, she says I have hyperacusis (noise sensitivity) which is true, though it seems to have gotten worse over time and I now wear earplugs sometimes

Sep 4, 2023 at 10:20 PM Post #18,105 of 18,892
2 week ago when i start with Poly and Android because i had configured Wifi first. Poly did not work in bluetooth.
None of the equipments in my home can see Poly.

I remember that Bluetooth is the default mode of the Poly.So check it, it would be the first step.

So i delete all the config in memory.
I reboot.
I try to find Poly in the Bluetooth mode. And I found it
After l had configured the hot spot mode of the Samsung.
After i had configured my home wifi.
ALL is working then because i use Bubbleupnp.

Édit:
With the new firmware, I do the same because i saw that i need to give à new parameter, my localisation.

Now, I see that the bluetooth name is no more the default one of the Poly.
The name became the one that i have input when i config my hotspot.
This quite expensive component (Poly) is a joke. I have never been so frustrated trying to simply play music in my home. I have Mojo/Poly connected to my KEF LS50 wireless speakers. After a long day at work, I come home to listen to some tunes. Press the power button to turn Mojo on... Poly won't "wake up". Unplug Mojo and Poly from each other, replug, turn Mojo back on... Poly not detected on wifi network. Plug charging cable back into Poly, wait 15 seconds, power Mojo back up, Poly not giving blue light. Turn off Mojo/Poly again, take a deep breath. Wait a beat, power Mojo back up again. Get a blue light from Poly! Go to iPhone and select Gofigure... not responding. Swipe up to stop app, then tap Gofigure again. Not responding. Go to MConnect app... device not detected. I just now unplugged and disconnected Mojo, Poly, charger cable, and headphone cable and removed them from my system. I can't take it any longer. The components I just booted out will not be hooked up to my system ever again. I'm DONE. I grabbed a USB cable and connected My Surface Pro to my LS50 speakers, fired up Foobar 2000 and instantly had music playing. No hiccups, drop outs, sudden disconnects, nor device not detected. I am selling my Poly on eBay and probably my Mojo as well. The aggravation to make it work is just not worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back