Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Aug 23, 2023 at 8:40 AM Post #18,076 of 18,957
Will try it but a response like: of course it is going to underperform given the toaster-grade WiFi chip in there really didn't help reinforce my confidence in the product.
It's well worth trying.

My mesh network mostly uses combined 5/2.4 MHz bands.

Switching the Poly to use the 2.4 only band that I use for some IOT devices (but isn't otherwise isolated) helped a lot - at least on the old firmware.

Aug 23, 2023 at 11:22 AM Post #18,077 of 18,957
Will try it but a response like: of course it is going to underperform given the toaster-grade WiFi chip in there really didn't help reinforce my confidence in the product.
I'm as pissed as most seemed to be that there is an aloof response given by Chord when asked about their half-baked Poly.

I was passing on some tips to getting the part that does work going on most home networking environments.

Aug 23, 2023 at 11:45 AM Post #18,078 of 18,957
Make sure you have a simple SSID, 2.4 GHz, and no mesh networking
On a side note, I have no difficulty using mesh and combined networks on my XT8 system with either the Poly or 2Go. It's been pretty much flawless for me. Apparently that hasn't been the case for everyone. Yes, simple SSID is a must for Chord products.

Aug 23, 2023 at 3:04 PM Post #18,079 of 18,957
On a side note, I have no difficulty using mesh and combined networks on my XT8 system with either the Poly or 2Go. It's been pretty much flawless for me. Apparently that hasn't been the case for everyone. Yes, simple SSID is a must for Chord products.
I have the rather excellent ASUS ZenWiFi Pro ET12 setup that has been outstanding with everything other than Poly.
https://www.asus.com/uk/networking-...m/zenwifi-wifi-systems/asus-zenwifi-pro-et12/

Any tips you can share for ASUS routers specifically?

Aug 23, 2023 at 4:35 PM Post #18,080 of 18,957
I have the rather excellent ASUS ZenWiFi Pro ET12 setup that has been outstanding with everything other than Poly.
https://www.asus.com/uk/networking-...m/zenwifi-wifi-systems/asus-zenwifi-pro-et12/

Any tips you can share for ASUS routers specifically?
Wow! That ET12 unit seems amazing!! I hadn't heard of it before.

Sorry, I don't really have any special tips for ASUS routers. I just did a pretty standard install. I do have a back haul cable between the nodes, but that's it.

It works heaps better than the Orbi system I had before.

[EDIT] Forgot to mention that I only use Roon.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2023 at 11:49 AM Post #18,081 of 18,957
Spoke to Chord about my issues with Roon playback. Only suggestion was to allocate a specific WiFi channel to it and exclude other devices from using it.

Any idea how that is done for ASUS routers?

His other comment to my observation that 2Go didn't have such issues was: well 2Go costs twice as much lol

The best that I can get roon to play with uber stability is with using the roon arc app and opening up a port in the asus settings, but it’s only airplay sample rates, I think

Aug 30, 2023 at 2:55 PM Post #18,082 of 18,957
Hi Guys,

Just asking a question for a friend who has just go the Mojo 2 and Poly, when charging together or separately how do you know when your Poly has fully charged? Does the white pulsating light go out or change colour?

I know the Mojo 2 goes purple when it’s fully charged and goes into desktop mode.

Thanks in advance.

Aug 30, 2023 at 3:34 PM Post #18,083 of 18,957
Hi Guys,

Just asking a question for a friend who has just go the Mojo 2 and Poly, when charging together or separately how do you know when your Poly has fully charged? Does the white pulsating light go out or change colour?

I know the Mojo 2 goes purple when it’s fully charged and goes into desktop mode.

Thanks in advance.
when it is charged the LED of the Poly will flash yellow

Aug 31, 2023 at 6:36 AM Post #18,085 of 18,957
What can the poly do / you use it for that you can't get from plugging a phone with usb c out to the mojo2?

I have just bought a Mojo2, I like it. I could buy the poly on the last day of sale, but I'm unsure what I would use it for.

Help? Thanks.

Aug 31, 2023 at 7:04 AM Post #18,086 of 18,957
What can the poly do / you use it for that you can't get from plugging a phone with usb c out to the mojo2?

I have just bought a Mojo2, I like it. I could buy the poly on the last day of sale, but I'm unsure what I would use it for.

Help? Thanks.
1. Put Poly/Mojo in a bag or pocket and phone can be somewhere else.
2. I usually suffer cable failure and audio dropouts with a cable.
3. If you are using an Android device then you may have to jump through hoops to get bit perfect with a cable (bypass the mixer).
4. Up to 1tb storage via uSD card with Poly

When Poly is working its a great device, sadly there is a steep learning curve to get there and if you have hair you may well lose it all in the process.

Typing this while on a break at work MConnect (iPhone) -> Poly -> Mojo 2 -> UE 18+ pro I wouldn't be without Poly/Mojo (2) its a very nice sounding setup IMO.

Aug 31, 2023 at 8:39 AM Post #18,087 of 18,957
1. Put Poly/Mojo in a bag or pocket and phone can be somewhere else.
2. I usually suffer cable failure and audio dropouts with a cable.
3. If you are using an Android device then you may have to jump through hoops to get bit perfect with a cable (bypass the mixer).
4. Up to 1tb storage via uSD card with Poly

When Poly is working its a great device, sadly there is a steep learning curve to get there and if you have hair you may well lose it all in the process.

Typing this while on a break at work MConnect (iPhone) -> Poly -> Mojo 2 -> UE 18+ pro I wouldn't be without Poly/Mojo (2) its a very nice sounding setup IMO.
So iphones don't have a "bit perfect" problem with usb out? Well I know it's lighting etc. But the next iphone 15 will have usb c, and well, I may or may not buy one.

And when it does work with the phone, the sound quality is the same as pulling the files from the poly, right?

Im thinking the poly is a "nice to have" rather than must have. I know you can also use to to stream music from your home server or whatever, but it's nothing something I already do, at all. I either use an nvidia shield, or have the flac files ready. And even if you buy the poly, you still need a phone anyway cos it has no screen. If they made the poly with a screen, buttons and a basic operating system, I definitely would have bought that.

Aug 31, 2023 at 9:11 AM Post #18,089 of 18,957
So iphones don't have a "bit perfect" problem with usb out? Well I know it's lighting etc. But the next iphone 15 will have usb c, and well, I may or may not buy one.

And when it does work with the phone, the sound quality is the same as pulling the files from the poly, right?

Im thinking the poly is a "nice to have" rather than must have. I know you can also use to to stream music from your home server or whatever, but it's nothing something I already do, at all. I either use an nvidia shield, or have the flac files ready. And even if you buy the poly, you still need a phone anyway cos it has no screen. If they made the poly with a screen, buttons and a basic operating system, I definitely would have bought that.
Yes other than requiring an MFi certified connection iPhones don't require special software to stream bit-perfect, its built in, iPad too, but strangely not MacBooks.

I agree a Poly is definitely a "nice to have" item but I would also think the Mojo is a nice to have too, I could probably just use a cheap £20 Bluetooth headphone. :)

Chord's John Franks, who was instrumental in the design and release of the Poly and 2Go, say's it doesn't need a screen, everyone already carries a screen around with them and I have to agree with him, once you have it working and with the latest F/W the Poly is a great device.

Aug 31, 2023 at 9:48 AM Post #18,090 of 18,957
Yes other than requiring an MFi certified connection iPhones don't require special software to stream bit-perfect, its built in, iPad too, but strangely not MacBooks.

I agree a Poly is definitely a "nice to have" item but I would also think the Mojo is a nice to have too, I could probably just use a cheap £20 Bluetooth headphone. :)

Chord's John Franks, who was instrumental in the design and release of the Poly and 2Go, say's it doesn't need a screen, everyone already carries a screen around with them and I have to agree with him, once you have it working and with the latest F/W the Poly is a great device.
Someone in the mojo2 thread thinks the poly makes the sound better vs connecting the Mojo2 to a cable connection in from other source.

Have you found that?

If so, why would it be the case? Especially optical. Lots of capacity in light.

For me, the mojo2 also replaces a 15 year old desktop amp that's started to fail. So it had even more purpose. I don't actually take my gear outside of the house due to ocd, the only time I need portability is when I walk around the house listening to music while doing housework.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back