Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Aug 19, 2023 at 11:18 AM Post #18,031 of 18,943
There is no references to Roon or Everything Else, that has completely been deleted, but one problem I’m having is, no radio stations come up and when trying to listen to music on the sd card, it finds them but goes back into a refresh loop, so I can’t use the sd card or the radio on it, maybe a poly reset to factory defaults is needed ?
That doesn't sound good, but I am not sure about a factory reset. If a factory reset sends you back to Poly v0, it may be better to wait and see a few more head-fi posts before jumping in to a reset. :relaxed:

Aug 19, 2023 at 12:50 PM Post #18,032 of 18,943
If a factory reset sends you back to Poly v0, it may be better to wait and see a few more head-fi posts before jumping in to a reset.
A factory reset cannot downgrade the firmware. It will just reset settings to the default from what would ship from the factory with the same firmware.

Aug 19, 2023 at 1:00 PM Post #18,033 of 18,943
A factory reset cannot downgrade the firmware. It will just reset settings to the default from what would ship from the factory with the same firmware.
But if someone bought a Poly several years ago, the factory setting would be Poly 0.0
The alternative is that someone who bought an initial version Poly (ie Poly v 0.0) would now be able to reset immediately to factory setting v3.2.0.

Aug 19, 2023 at 1:13 PM Post #18,034 of 18,943
There is no references to Roon or Everything Else, that has completely been deleted, but one problem I’m having is, no radio stations come up and when trying to listen to music on the sd card, it finds them but goes back into a refresh loop, so I can’t use the sd card or the radio on it, maybe a poly reset to factory defaults is needed ?
try a different SD card first

Aug 19, 2023 at 1:24 PM Post #18,035 of 18,943
A factory reset will not change your FW version, just settings so easy and safe to try

Aug 19, 2023 at 1:45 PM Post #18,036 of 18,943
When I tried that, Mojo/Poly lost its normal volume control – so try other workarounds first?

Aug 19, 2023 at 2:02 PM Post #18,037 of 18,943
But if someone bought a Poly several years ago, the factory setting would be Poly 0.0
The alternative is that someone who bought an initial version Poly (ie Poly v 0.0) would now be able to reset immediately to factory setting v3.2.0.
I don’t think this refutes anything I actually wrote in my post that you quoted.

Aug 19, 2023 at 2:16 PM Post #18,039 of 18,943
No factory reset doesn’t touch FW. It stays where it is at. Only settings are reset to how it came new. 100%. iPhone the same way. You do a factory reset if you are selling. All settings and data wiped iOS version doesn’t change.

Aug 19, 2023 at 2:22 PM Post #18,040 of 18,943
try a different SD card first
A quick factory reset of poly has cured it, I will say that poly runs faster now when it boots up, when it scans the sd card for music and also when it looks up the radio stations, before there would be about 20- 30 seconds when the poly boot up bar shows up, then another 20- 30’ish seconds when scanning the sd card and again the same when looking up the radio stations, now it’s down to sub 15 seconds possibly even lower than 10 seconds.

I would advise everyone to update poly and then do a factory reset and then add your wifi details, thats about all you have to do, but when factory resetting poly, take the sd card out as ages ago I factory reset my poly and it killed the sd card at the same time, so when updating poly’s firmware, take the sd card out as it says to ( do it when poly is off and not connected to a charger ) then update poly.

Once the update is finished turn off mojo n poly, then restart mojo n poly WITHOUT the sd card in it, once gofigure has loaded, do a factory reset, once thats done add your wifi details and connect to your wifi router and then turn off poly. Once mojo n poly is off and NOT connected to a charger, insert the sd card and turn on mojo, if it’s like my poly, it should load faster and also when first visiting the music page, the radio stations will be listed faster than in firmware 3.0 and more importantly the sd card music will also show up more or less instantly give or take a few seconds. Maybe it’s better to do a factory reset before updating poly and then doing it again after the update, as all you have to do is just add a wifi network connection which takes all of 30 - 60 seconds if you copy n paste your wifi routers ssid and password.

I’m really impressed with the update so far, as it’s faster now, however, I would still like to have manual access to roon and everything else modes, along with the new auto mode, basically I would like to see them for trouble shooting purposes only, for example manually forcing it in to roon mode incase auto mode was having some problems.

I will give the new firmware a big 👍🏻

On to a different topic, guess who face timed me twice ? Snoop Dogg and I’m not lying, but then he started messaging me asking for a steam giftcard for $100 and then he changed his mind and wanted it for €100, I did not know snoop doug lived in europe 😂🤣😂. But he really does look like him, he just didn’t want to speak on facetime, I wonder why, maybe because he doesnt have the voice of a woman like snoop dogg has, he is either eric finch or another snoop doug impersonator.

His broken english text made me 100% certain it was the real snoop dogg, saying things like “will you made payment” and other little things like that which made me realise english is not his native language, he probably learnt it via watching movies, I really wanted to pay him due to his persistence, I still have him on the signal app and dangling a carrot in his face in the form of a €100 euro steam gift card. 😂

Edit:

Now I have his phone number and his location which is in washington, the state not DC, and i think he is in tacoma, and from what I know about tacoma, it starts with poop and ends in hole and, it would explain why he chose a job in scamming, as Elvis sings “In the ghetto” “in the ghetto”.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2023 at 2:31 PM Post #18,041 of 18,943
No factory reset doesn’t touch FW. It stays where it is at.
This is exactly right. I believe the firmware itself contains the logic that resets the settings back to the factory settings. Firmware upgrade/downgrade is distinct from that as it’s a bit riskier in that the firmware that’s running on the device must be replaced entirely. A firmware upgrade can also revert back to default settings if care wasn’t taken by the upgrader application to preserve the settings. Often it’s best to start from scratch again as it can reduce the support burden.

Aug 19, 2023 at 2:41 PM Post #18,042 of 18,943
When I tried that, Mojo/Poly lost its normal volume control – so try other workarounds first?

Mine is working normally after the reset, volume can only be controlled by mojos buttons and using my ipad at the moment, turning up or down the ipads volume buttons have no effect on volume, basically it’s working as it should. One thing I’m not too sure about, the dsd-bit perfect button on gofigure, do we have to enable it for bit perfect playback even if it’s not a dsd file format track thats playing ? or does the volume settings in gofigure, does 100% volume mean its bit perfect ?

Edit:

I was in roon playing some tunes and it was showing that some DSP was added to the stream, I made sure everything was disabled in roon, like equaliser etc and for the life of me I couldn't disable the added on dsp changes, so I went in to gofigure and turned on DSD/Bit Perfect and the problem was fixed and there was no changes to the stream and everything was working as normal.

One thing that has me slightly confused is, the purple star in roon, if I click on it everything is normal except that for Output it says USB, but poly is magical and uses shamen and witch doctors to throw invisible music through the air without needing a usb cable, so I wonder why it says the output is usb.

Maybe the USB output is normal, I will test to see if it says the same thing when using TT2

The new Fry’s Coffee Cream chocolate bar is omg lubbly jubbly, they actually do taste like coffee, I’d buy that for a dollar, but I think they are only 50p

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2023 at 1:14 AM Post #18,043 of 18,943
While working on the update, I noticed that 8 Player Pro has new graphics. I hope this means they went deeper and improved their software!

Aug 20, 2023 at 10:02 AM Post #18,045 of 18,943
Mine is working normally after the reset, volume can only be controlled by mojos buttons and using my ipad at the moment, turning up or down the ipads volume buttons have no effect on volume, basically it’s working as it should. One thing I’m not too sure about, the dsd-bit perfect button on gofigure, do we have to enable it for bit perfect playback even if it’s not a dsd file format track thats playing ? or does the volume settings in gofigure, does 100% volume mean its bit perfect ?

Edit:

I was in roon playing some tunes and it was showing that some DSP was added to the stream, I made sure everything was disabled in roon, like equaliser etc and for the life of me I couldn't disable the added on dsp changes, so I went in to gofigure and turned on DSD/Bit Perfect and the problem was fixed and there was no changes to the stream and everything was working as normal.

One thing that has me slightly confused is, the purple star in roon, if I click on it everything is normal except that for Output it says USB, but poly is magical and uses shamen and witch doctors to throw invisible music through the air without needing a usb cable, so I wonder why it says the output is usb.

Maybe the USB output is normal, I will test to see if it says the same thing when using TT2

The new Fry’s Coffee Cream chocolate bar is omg lubbly jubbly, they actually do taste like coffee, I’d buy that for a dollar!
I think is says USB because Poly’s output to Mojo is via the USB connection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back