Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jul 10, 2023 at 1:43 PM Post #17,926 of 18,774
Try a reset on your router before giving up hope
Reboot the network, Roon and factory reset the Poly - still no better :frowning2:

Make sure your roon core is wired if you can. Roon don’t recommend running your core over WIFi.

WiFi to endpoints isn’t so bad.

And FWIW my poly is very stable playing roon (my core is wired).

I do see occasional interruptions over airplay from my Apple TV (connected over WIFi)
Should have mentioned, Roon is wired (ROCK on an i5 NUC), 350MB and ran multiple tests to check i’m getting that.

Based on the diagnostics you have already done I would say it’s probably faulty. I do get occasional skips when playing 192khz stuff though but let’s be honest who really needs that. What Bitrate are you playing?
Yeah I can’t imagine many would have remained sold if others had the same experience. Will probably see if I can get a replacement.

(Getting the same behaviour from 16/44 through to 24/192, MQA, non-MQA, local files….weirdly noticed it gets even worse if I move with the device. Becomes completely unusable.)

Jul 10, 2023 at 3:57 PM Post #17,927 of 18,774
I do get occasional skips when playing 192khz stuff though but let’s be honest who really needs that.
Sacrilege! I have had success playing up to 8FS (352.8/384) at home using Roon as long as the Poly is stationary. I have really good wireless coverage though, was I have multiple access points around the house. The Poly is terrible at automatically switching to an access point with a stronger signal. I have to force a reconnection using the app for my router to make that happen.

Jul 10, 2023 at 7:19 PM Post #17,928 of 18,774
The Poly is terrible at automatically switching to an access point with a stronger signal. I have to force a reconnection using the app for my router to make that happen.
I don't have that experience at all using the Asus mesh system. The Poly never stutters or disconnects when I move between nodes. My top res is 24/192K.

Jul 10, 2023 at 8:11 PM Post #17,929 of 18,774
I don't have that experience at all using the Asus mesh system.
Your mesh likely has some smarts that forces a reconnect. I have UniFi gear but it’s not configured as a true mesh. Every other mobile device switches over on its own. Not the Poly.

Jul 12, 2023 at 4:08 PM Post #17,930 of 18,774
New firmware ? My poly says it has the latest firmware which is 3.0, the only thing on their website that mentions 3.2 is poly pdf user manual

Jul 13, 2023 at 2:04 AM Post #17,931 of 18,774
Jul 17, 2023 at 2:43 PM Post #17,933 of 18,774
So I've got a weird-ish question. Has the Poly experience improved somewhat in the past 2 years?

I had a Mojo-Poly setup almost two years ago. While I loved the sound of the Mojo, I detested the Poly experience (I was on android at the time - iOS now). I sold both units out of sheer frustration and bought a Fiio M15, which I was never completely happy with either.

A couple of weeks ago, I bought a Mojo 2, which I absolutely love. I've been using it in everything, with everything (supplanting my Gumby/Mjolnir stack for desktop use). Now I've got an itch to try the Poly again, especially since most of my listening is at home (I work from home now) through Roon.

Tried to keep that as simple as possible

Jul 17, 2023 at 3:10 PM Post #17,934 of 18,774
So I've got a weird-ish question. Has the Poly experience improved somewhat in the past 2 years?

I had a Mojo-Poly setup almost two years ago. While I loved the sound of the Mojo, I detested the Poly experience (I was on android at the time - iOS now). I sold both units out of sheer frustration and bought a Fiio M15, which I was never completely happy with either.

A couple of weeks ago, I bought a Mojo 2, which I absolutely love. I've been using it in everything, with everything (supplanting my Gumby/Mjolnir stack for desktop use). Now I've got an itch to try the Poly again, especially since most of my listening is at home (I work from home now) through Roon.

I find that Poly with the firmware v3.0 works well for me, and for me better than the 2Go.
There are posts confirming that GoFigure software can now be updated, ready for an update to the Poly Firmware.
In good faith I suggest wait a few weeks, because updates to the Poly firmware could be very welcome to many owners if they include improvements to the MPD version, or support to Google Chromecast, or Spotify capability.
Just my POV given in good faith.

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2023 at 4:01 PM Post #17,935 of 18,774
Can any of you get your smartphone's data network (Android) to work when connected to Poly's hotspot?

I had a Pixel XL with Android 10 and I had no problem accessing the internet while I was connected to the Poly hotspot via Wi-Fi, as the smartphone despite being connected to the wifi, did not detect any internet access and therefore maintained the data network active.

Now I've switched to a new smartphone with Android 13 and this no longer happens, I connect to the Poly hotspot but the data network doesn't work so it doesn't allow me to browse the internet.

Is it possible that with the new versions of Android this possibility has been removed? i feel like going back to my old android 10 just to keep it working.

I know the solution might be to set the Poly to Wi-Fi mode and connect it to my smartphone hotspot, but I would like to avoid activating the smartphone hotspot as it is known to drain battery easily

Does anyone know the solution on later versions of Android?

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2023 at 4:44 PM Post #17,936 of 18,774

I have the same use case. The Poly works flawlessly for me.

However, it does not work well with all multi-point/mesh networks. It sucked with my old Orbi mesh system. Since switching to the Asus Zen system, it is perfect.

Jul 17, 2023 at 5:17 PM Post #17,937 of 18,774
Poly firmware could be very welcome to many owners if they include improvements to the MPD version
I’d like to see that but I’m not holding my breath.

Jul 17, 2023 at 10:42 PM Post #17,938 of 18,774
Context : I am a long term poster on the Chord threads,
I will give Chord a little more time then and see what/if anything is on the horizon. I know the dated MDP solution irritated me. If nothing else, seeing low-res album art on a setup that expensive always irritated me.
I have the same use case. The Poly works flawlessly for me.

However, it does not work well with all multi-point/mesh networks. It sucked with my old Orbi mesh system. Since switching to the Asus Zen system, it is perfect.
I don't run a mesh right now, but in another life I worked in IT, setting up mesh using similar hardware to ubiquiti, which usually does well with device handoff. Easy enough to test, but my home is relatively small and my current access point lights up about an acre around me. Still, the advice is welcome.
I’d like to see that but I’m not holding my breath.
Absolutely. When I did work IT, salesmen at tradeshows would get frustrated when I wouldn't authorize purchase orders on hardware with 'promised' features.

Jul 18, 2023 at 2:56 AM Post #17,939 of 18,774
I will give Chord a little more time then and see what/if anything is on the horizon. I know the dated MDP solution irritated me. If nothing else, seeing low-res album art on a setup that expensive always irritated me.

I don't run a mesh right now, but in another life I worked in IT, setting up mesh using similar hardware to ubiquiti, which usually does well with device handoff. Easy enough to test, but my home is relatively small and my current access point lights up about an acre around me. Still, the advice is welcome.

Absolutely. When I did work IT, salesmen at tradeshows would get frustrated when I wouldn't authorize purchase orders on hardware with 'promised' features.
Good idea, but don't expect too much from the new firmware, it will be a couple of minor tweaks here and there based on previous experience, or I'll eat my hat. :)

Both 2Go and Poly are great around the house, no problems here, its just when I want to take Poly/Mojo2 out for a walk when it all goes wrong, its a bit of a nightmare to be honest, so I take my Final ZE8000 instead.

So in summary if you just want at home use then go for it, otherwise look elsewhere but I'm not sure what options you have other than a DAP or a dongle for your phone.

Jul 18, 2023 at 3:26 AM Post #17,940 of 18,774

I would also advise against buying poly, especially for use outside the home, for the following reasons:

1. the design is very flimsy without a case, but it gets very hot in the case
2. poly is discharged even without use in the off state (50% in a week)
3. poly takes a very long time to charge and poorly charges mojo2 through itself, if you charge mojo2 separately - it charges much faster and without failures that occur due to poly
4. poly does not work well with mesh wifi (but hotels usually use such networks)
5. I tried various applications in order to listen from a phone or from a memory card - everything works very badly, the normal scheme is to use only with Roon

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back