Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jun 30, 2023 at 1:03 AM Post #17,911 of 18,773
Sorry for the nooby question, I've been reading the forum and can't find an example of this.
I use bubble upnp on my android phone to cast to poly and that works great but I would love to be able to control the playback from my windows computer, Is this possible? Or can I just stream from qobuz or upnp from a windows computer?

Jun 30, 2023 at 12:09 PM Post #17,912 of 18,773
I have paired (Bluetooth) my Samsung tv with poly (and mojo2) but can not hear any audio.

any help or ideas?

ps same result on Yamaha av receiver

i was hoping to watch tv and send audio to headphones via mojo2/poly wirelessly - is it possible???

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2023 at 2:44 PM Post #17,913 of 18,773
I have paired (Bluetooth) my Samsung tv with poly (and mojo2) but can not hear any audio.

any help or ideas?

ps same result on Yamaha av receiver

i was hoping to watch tv and send audio to headphones via mojo2/poly wirelessly - is it possible???
Is your bluetooth codec, one of the codecs that Poly can decode?
Have you set your TV and receiver to Bluetooth output?

I don't bother with Bluetooth, because I find it straightforward to connect the TV optical out to Mojo or Hugo2.
Of course this is not ideal if your goal is a cable free solution.

Jun 30, 2023 at 9:20 PM Post #17,914 of 18,773
Is your bluetooth codec, one of the codecs that Poly can decode?
Have you set your TV and receiver to Bluetooth output?

I don't bother with Bluetooth, because I find it straightforward to connect the TV optical out to Mojo or Hugo2.
Of course this is not ideal if your goal is a cable free solution.
Thanks for the post

The av receiver only has sbc as Bluetooth codec so that’s the one codec poly uses. And the bluetooth was set as bluetooth out.

Jul 8, 2023 at 2:45 PM Post #17,915 of 18,773
After giving up on trying to find a cable that would work to connect my Mojo 2 to my iPhone 13 Mini due to the white noise issue, I decided to give the Poly a go as it’s currently on offer here in the UK.

Setup was a little janky by todays standards, but fine. I was hoping to use it around the house with Roon and then possibly hotspot and use Roon Arc/Airplay on the go.

Once set up, sounded great. About 2 minutes in…song skipped. Then again, and again. I’ve spent the rest of the day trying to diagnose what the issue is but cannot for the life of me get it stable. Airplay seems to be even worse - putting the Poly in my pocket renders it completely useless. Just moving it in Roon ready mode has it skipping song after song.

Put it on its own dedicated 2.4 GHz network, with it being the only device on the network. Tried to lock to an access point (have a UniFi network) and no improvement in stability. Then the go figure app kept losing connection and not being able to see the Poly - I’ve factory reset a number of times but still no improvement.

Really frustrating after getting to listen to it, even if it was only temporarily!

Jul 8, 2023 at 2:48 PM Post #17,916 of 18,773
I’ve had no luck with Roon. Think it’s the slow wireless. Once you listen to music on an SD card though you forgot Roon pretty quickly. Also AirPlay never skips.

Jul 8, 2023 at 2:51 PM Post #17,918 of 18,773
For my with Synology Wi-Fi devices it works 98% of the time in Roon mode but without any upsampling that will increase data rate.

Jul 8, 2023 at 4:17 PM Post #17,920 of 18,773
After giving up on trying to find a cable that would work to connect my Mojo 2 to my iPhone 13 Mini due to the white noise issue, I decided to give the Poly a go as it’s currently on offer here in the UK.

Setup was a little janky by todays standards, but fine. I was hoping to use it around the house with Roon and then possibly hotspot and use Roon Arc/Airplay on the go.

Once set up, sounded great. About 2 minutes in…song skipped. Then again, and again. I’ve spent the rest of the day trying to diagnose what the issue is but cannot for the life of me get it stable. Airplay seems to be even worse - putting the Poly in my pocket renders it completely useless. Just moving it in Roon ready mode has it skipping song after song.

Put it on its own dedicated 2.4 GHz network, with it being the only device on the network. Tried to lock to an access point (have a UniFi network) and no improvement in stability. Then the go figure app kept losing connection and not being able to see the Poly - I’ve factory reset a number of times but still no improvement.

Really frustrating after getting to listen to it, even if it was only temporarily!
Roon works. Dry well for me. If I start to get cut outs and skipping, I reboot the core and that usually works. For Arc, I’ve found I have to delete and reinstall the app when it says it can’t connect due to poor connection. Not sure what causes that. You do need a solid WiFi setup at home to run Roon with Poly.

Jul 8, 2023 at 5:07 PM Post #17,921 of 18,773

You might try to use a different network, maybe a friend or work place. Roon works perfectly and consistently for me now that I'm using an Asus router. I had the same problems you mentioned on my old Orbi router. On the Asus, it's rock solid!!

Jul 8, 2023 at 6:18 PM Post #17,923 of 18,773
Make sure your roon core is wired if you can. Roon don’t recommend running your core over WIFi.

WiFi to endpoints isn’t so bad.

And FWIW my poly is very stable playing roon (my core is wired).

I do see occasional interruptions over airplay from my Apple TV (connected over WIFi)

Jul 8, 2023 at 6:32 PM Post #17,924 of 18,773
I read several times in the forum that it is advised to max out digital volume for sound quality reasons. Is it correct, I mean is this also true for the volume control in go figure app? does this habit worsen sound quality?
Many software volume controls toss out bits when reducing volume, so it’s best to max out the volume and use only the Mojo’s hardware buttons to change the volume.

Jul 10, 2023 at 2:23 AM Post #17,925 of 18,773

Based on the diagnostics you have already done I would say it’s probably faulty. I do get occasional skips when playing 192khz stuff though but let’s be honest who really needs that. What Bitrate are you playing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back