Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 17, 2023 at 9:05 AM Post #17,746 of 18,893
Thank you! I have been using Roon for years myself, and this is one of the reason to go the Poly way.
I also have a Tesla Model 3, and here i have only choice of using music thru Bluetooth, USB-C Memory Drive or within an app, so i was thinking maybe bluetooth thru Poly would be the best and easy way than a separate harddrive.
I don’t see how you would use MojoPoly with your M3 at all, but you can plug a usb adapter in that will take an SD card and you can use the same SD card in both Poly and the Tesla.

Edit: it must be FLAC though.

Apr 18, 2023 at 8:20 PM Post #17,748 of 18,893
Hi all, new poly user and struggling with lack of how to vids online. Is it possible to stream system audio from a Windows 10 desktop to the Poly? For example for gaming, videos, YouTube etc? or is there a way to stream music from a pc that doesn't involve roon or airplay?

Apr 19, 2023 at 2:45 AM Post #17,749 of 18,893
Great!

1. Would you buy Poly it again if you would could choose today?
2. Is the connection to bluetooth and wifi work seemlessly and never a hassel?
3. How is the app work? Is it a good flow and speedy app?
4. Has alot of updates to the Poly fixed alot of issues over the years?
1. Yes. I have been using a 2Go for a few years but was put off of Poly because of poor reviews but when Mojo2 came out I got a Poly and it works the same as 2Go for me.
2. Yes.
3. GoFigure? I very rarely use it, BubbleUPNP is what I use to stream and MAFA for MPD. These two work perfectly.
4. I guess so yes, but I've only owned a Poly for the last six months.

Apr 19, 2023 at 10:44 AM Post #17,750 of 18,893
Great!

1. Would you buy Poly it again if you would could choose today?
2. Is the connection to bluetooth and wifi work seemlessly and never a hassel?
3. How is the app work? Is it a good flow and speedy app?
4. Has alot of updates to the Poly fixed alot of issues over the years?

1. Absolutely, I would buy it again 100 times.

2. I use it mainly in hotspot mode to which I connect my android smartphone and I can control the micro SD via the MAFA app, keeping the LTE connection active, i also have the possibility of using the internet.

I don't use streaming services and I don't send audio from my smartphone via DLNA/UPnP, so I don't use apps like BubbleUPnP which, although it works without problems, I can't stand latency times so as far as I'm concerned the microSD and control via MPD is the way to go through.

3. I installed GoFigure but honestly I don't use it much, always keeping the hotspot setting, I don't find myself interacting much with the app to change the settings, i have used wifi mode a few times at home, but how I use it and purely away from home therefore the hotspot is the most congenial function for me.

4. I am not able to answer this, i have the Poly since the last firmware revision and it works fine for me, the only thing i wish they would update is the MPD version because at the moment it works with an old version which doesn't allow view embedded cover images but only folder images

Apr 19, 2023 at 11:25 AM Post #17,751 of 18,893
I don't use streaming services and I don't send audio from my smartphone via DLNA/UPnP, so I don't use apps like BubbleUPnP which, although it works without problems, I can't stand latency times so as far as I'm concerned the microSD and control via MPD is the way to go through.
Lots of people stream 60-80%, guess?, as do I. Poly will still work OK for those people too, very well IMHO, certainly a lot better than the constant issues I had with USB cables between my phone, DAP etc dropping the connection before I got Poly.

Apr 20, 2023 at 7:13 AM Post #17,752 of 18,893
Is only me think in 2023 and you still wait for little device like Mojo2 Poly takes 8hrs charge is crazy?

Apr 20, 2023 at 7:28 AM Post #17,754 of 18,893
Apr 20, 2023 at 7:59 AM Post #17,756 of 18,893
Me addicted with Mojo2 Poly sound can't wait LOL
you are right too :ksc75smile:

I read in your signature that you also own the iFi Micro iDSD Signature, I'm looking for direct comparisons but I couldn't find any reviews comparing them and no opinions on the forums.

Can you briefly comment on your preference between the Mojo 2 + Poly vs Micro iDSD Signature? the comparison that interests me is only exclusively about sound quality.

Apr 20, 2023 at 8:05 AM Post #17,757 of 18,893
:) I always charge up every night and so far a full charge has never run out during the day.
I advise you to avoid bringing the batteries to full discharge too often, this applies to all devices that use lithium batteries, but put them in charge at about 20/15%. I charge my Mojo as soon as the led turns red.

As for the Poly instead I charge it together with the Mojo with a residue of about 40% since the Mojo2 tends to discharge before the Poly.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2023 at 8:24 AM Post #17,758 of 18,893
I advise you to avoid bringing the batteries to full discharge too often, this applies to all devices that use lithium batteries, but put them in charge at about 20/15%. I charge my Mojo as soon as the led turns red.

As for the Poly instead I charge it together with the Mojo with a residue of about 40% since the Mojo2 tends to discharge before the Poly.
IMHO people worry way too much about batteries, yes the battery will degrade but if its still at 80% SOH in 12-18 months I would be fine with that. If the SOH does drop enough such that it doesn't last for a whole day's use I have three options 1. Get Chord to replace the battery. 2. Find a suitable replacement battery and replace it myself. 3. Buy a new Poly.

I've not seen any reports on any Poly batteries failing to date and I believe the Poly has been out for around five of six years now hasn't it?

Apr 20, 2023 at 8:40 AM Post #17,759 of 18,893

+1
just one thing to add, the long life span of the battery is to a great amount due to her gentle charging speed.

Apr 20, 2023 at 9:03 AM Post #17,760 of 18,893
IMHO people worry way too much about batteries, yes the battery will degrade but if its still at 80% SOH in 12-18 months I would be fine with that. If the SOH does drop enough such that it doesn't last for a whole day's use I have three options 1. Get Chord to replace the battery. 2. Find a suitable replacement battery and replace it myself. 3. Buy a new Poly.

I've not seen any reports on any Poly batteries failing to date and I believe the Poly has been out for around five of six years now hasn't it?
Honestly, I prefer to take the necessary precautions rather than having to intervene invasively to replace a prematurely degraded battery or having to buy the same device a second time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back