Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Mar 12, 2023 at 1:38 AM Post #17,641 of 18,773
The app no longer crashes indeed (I have a 2Go and a Poly); probably means that a new firmware update is coming soon too..

Mar 12, 2023 at 1:55 AM Post #17,642 of 18,773
Confirming the app no longer crashes on "Device Settings" with this update to Gofigure.

As a new user to Mojo2+Poly, I must admit I've found it to be a real joy using Roon around the house. I enjoy the sound and build quality, and of course, the marbles! While I have got an SD card in it ready to go, I'm not sure I'll find myself using that side of the device, which, in my opinion, deserves the criticism it gets. If you could establish full SD control over bluetooth it'd be a little better, I think, but the hassle of a hotspot (on either device) feels a bit much. We'll see!

I agree, Chord's hotspot mode would be very tricky if not impossible to use with Roon. The way I get round this issue is to simply not use my Poly and 2Go with Roon, this is a compromise many users will not be able to make though I'm sure.

The app no longer crashes indeed (I have a 2Go and a Poly); probably means that a new firmware update is coming soon too..

Don't hold your breath, IMHO this is just an update to fix the App crash, I can't see Chord going though the expense of paying software engineers to update the F/W in what is basically a working product despite its shortcomings.

Mar 12, 2023 at 3:12 AM Post #17,643 of 18,773
I have been advised that there are more updates coming. Including to resolve Poly's current inability to switch between mesh wifi zones without dropping out on Roon. Which has already been resolved for 2Go.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2023 at 3:24 AM Post #17,644 of 18,773
I have been advised that there are more updates coming. Including for Poly's current inability to switch between mesh wifi zones without dropping out on Roon. Which has already been resolved for 2Go.
As I said it does have a few shortcomings that affect some users, but new features that would actually build on the platform like Chromecast, Tidal connect, QConnect and Amazon Alexa no chance, which IMHO is a shame.

Basically making Poly and 2Go into Chord's version of a Wiim Mini or Pro would be awesome but Chord just doesn't have the S/W resources.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2023 at 3:25 AM Post #17,645 of 18,773
Agreed. I am using a Naim Uniti Atom headphone edition that I am comparing to Hugo 2.

The thing is a Swiss army knife with Roon, Spotify, Tidal connect and Chromecast and Airplay, among others.

Mar 12, 2023 at 9:16 AM Post #17,646 of 18,773
I’ve no idea whether anyone can help me. I consider myself to be reasonably competent when it comes to gadget setup. Unfortunately, I’m having critical problems in setting up my Chord Mojo/Poly combination. The problem seems to be in establishing a Poly hotspot network. Though on my iPad, I can see the Poly network, when I select it, after a few seconds, the iPad reports that there is no internet connection and the bars indicating the strength of connection has an exclamation mark through it. in my house, the Roon and 'other' playback work flawlessly but I purchased this setup for my train commute to and from work. It's there, outside of the range of my home wifi that things break down.

Can anyone please help?

Mar 12, 2023 at 9:40 AM Post #17,647 of 18,773
I’ve no idea whether anyone can help me. I consider myself to be reasonably competent when it comes to gadget setup. Unfortunately, I’m having critical problems in setting up my Chord Mojo/Poly combination. The problem seems to be in establishing a Poly hotspot network. Though on my iPad, I can see the Poly network, when I select it, after a few seconds, the iPad reports that there is no internet connection and the bars indicating the strength of connection has an exclamation mark through it. in my house, the Roon and 'other' playback work flawlessly but I purchased this setup for my train commute to and from work. It's there, outside of the range of my home wifi that things break down.

Can anyone please help?
When you first connect to the poly hotspot network your iPad should should show an internet browser showing the poly status asking you to login. Counter-intuitively you should select ‘cancel’. Your iPad should then give you an option to ‘use without internet’. From there you should be fine.

You may need to ‘forget this network’ on your iPad and start afresh.

Mar 12, 2023 at 9:51 AM Post #17,648 of 18,773
The implementation of tidal Connect would be great but I fear it's only wishful thinking by myself.
Yesterday I activated the qobuz voucher and "phew"-ed quite a bit with my mojo2's ball indicating the higher sound quality (24/96) and mConnect HD showed it too. It was definitely hearable.

But here comes what concerns me most: don't get me wrong and I like qobuz very much. (Their) maximum cD-quality of albums I know very well do not sound (detailed, etc.) this good as if I compared them with tidal's mqa going through the same chain (but no poly), except the dac is my c658's built-in (20€ maximal) ess9028pro. Not to mention how it sounds when the signal goes through tidal MQA on iPad wired by USB to Mojo2 (as opposed to going through poly directly). Due to the fact that it has to be a permanent installation (cannot further elaborate), constant/regular wiring/unwiring is not a possible option.

TL;DR: before I contact mconnect hD's support, does _anyone_ know there exists the way to squeeze tidal's MQA through poly (with mconnect HD)? mconnect shows steadily 16/44.1 unfortunately.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2023 at 2:46 PM Post #17,649 of 18,773
When you first connect to the poly hotspot network your iPad should should show an internet browser showing the poly status asking you to login. Counter-intuitively you should select ‘cancel’. Your iPad should then give you an option to ‘use without internet’. From there you should be fine.

You may need to ‘forget this network’ on your iPad and start afresh.
You are amazing! Thank you! In the end, it was so simple. Now, here’s hoping that the equipment will remember the settings and that it will just hop on to the right configuration when I fire it up. Thank you a million times over.

Mar 12, 2023 at 3:40 PM Post #17,650 of 18,773
You are amazing! Thank you! In the end, it was so simple. Now, here’s hoping that the equipment will remember the settings and that it will just hop on to the right configuration when I fire it up. Thank you a million times over.
Glad to contribute after all the great help I’ve had here!

And yes - it will remember the settings.

Mar 13, 2023 at 1:23 PM Post #17,651 of 18,773
I am moving on from my MPDluxe issue a few pages back. While I haven’t resolved that yet, I am less dependent on music apps as I now predominantly use Roon ARC for my music listening on my Mojo2/Poly while on the go. But what I have experienced with Roon ARC warrants posting here and I’ll likely do the same over on the Roon Labs Community board.

Here is my situation since the launch of Roon ARC: I have periodic dropouts when listening to Roon ARC using my Mojo2/Poly on an iPhone 13 mini. I isolated these dropouts (I believe) to the Poly as I don’t hear any dropouts when listening to Roon ARC directly from my iPhone.

My setup is:
1) Set Poly to Hybrid Mode where Network is "Poly Hotspot Mode" and Play Mode is "Everything Else"
2) Set iPhone Settings => WiFi =>My Networks to "Poly-xxxxxx where my settings are:

3) Enable AirPlay by selecting my PolyName
4) Launch Roon ARC

Here is a clip where a dropout occurs. Some are more repetitive and some are longer.

Is anyone else experiencing these types of dropouts when using Roon ARC with the Poly? Any solutions?

David
I made the above post in January without any replies. I also made a similar post on the Roon Labs Community forum with no resolution. I then reached out to Ed at Chord Support and he suggested that I run a test using a UPnP streaming service. I have two use cases for the Poly: 1) Hybrid hotspot (as described in my earlier post) and 2) Hybrid hotspot with AirPlay for Roon ARC and Plex.

I’m thinking Ed is suggesting UPnP as the other hotspot method that I have read about but don’t fully understand or use. Can someone give me guidance on UPnP and non-hybrid hotspot use with the Poly so I can close out Ed’s test?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2023 at 1:29 PM Post #17,652 of 18,773
Hi just ordered Poly. I have an iPhone what are the best software options for playing music of SD card please? Preferably polished and a 1 time payment. Thanks!

Mar 13, 2023 at 4:41 PM Post #17,653 of 18,773
Hi just ordered Poly. I have an iPhone what are the best software options for playing music of SD card please? Preferably polished and a 1 time payment. Thanks!
With Wifi, i use Maximum MPD to create playlists. With Bluetooth, after I use the Playlists with Gofigure

Mar 13, 2023 at 5:11 PM Post #17,655 of 18,773
I made the above post in January without any replies. I also made a similar post on the Roon Labs Community forum with no resolution. I then reached out to Ed at Chord Support and he suggested that I run a test using a UPnP streaming service. I have two use cases for the Poly: 1) Hybrid hotspot (as described in my earlier post) and 2) Hybrid hotspot with AirPlay for Roon ARC and Plex.

I’m thinking Ed is suggesting UPnP as the other hotspot method that I have read about but don’t fully understand or use. Can someone give me guidance on UPnP and non-hybrid hotspot use with the Poly so I can close out Ed’s test?

Thanks!
To use UPnP,
you need WIFI and Android and the App BubbleUPNP. Not 4G.
OR. You need WIFI, IOS and the App MconnectHD. Not Airplay.
But I can create a hotspot on my android Phone and use Mconnect HD on my IPAD Connected on my smartphone to stream the files inside.

Are you sure that the dropout came from Poly.
If a lot of app are running in my smartphone, i could have dropout with DLNA too. Saturation of the ressources.
I suggest you to close the max of App when you use the Poly.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back