Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Nov 6, 2022 at 11:29 AM Post #17,386 of 18,775
Hi all,

Every now and then, I evaluate (or re-evaluate) a new player for my Mojo2Poly. I’m looking once again at MConnect, although I haven’t used it for a number of years. Actually, my use of player apps has significantly decreased since the launch of Roon Arc, nevertheless...

Here's what’s happening:
1) I launch the app and then select the Poly in the "PlayTo" tab (note that it doesn’t say “renderer”)
2) I navigate to the “Browser” tab and after tapping refresh a number of times, the Poly is still missing.

Perhaps I am missing one or more required steps, but I thought that is what is needed to gain visibility to the music stored on the SD card.

Thanks for any guidance.
Have you selected Other Music Services in Gofigure?

Attachments

• 7415E545-B7B8-43CE-80EC-15C3A4134E48.png
    7415E545-B7B8-43CE-80EC-15C3A4134E48.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Nov 6, 2022 at 1:18 PM Post #17,388 of 18,775
Hi David.
I’m Placebophile from Roon.
I’m using mConnect with my 2Go. It shows up in the Play To tab under UPnP Devices as your Poly does.
Under the browser tab I see my 2Go and I can select my SD Card files from there.
That said, sometimes I have to refresh mConnect (more than once) to get it to appear in the browser tab.
it always seems to appear in the Play To tab.
This seems to be related to the issue we were discussing over at Roon.
Do you have the same issue with other DLNA apps?

4A299EAC-020E-4BD8-86C2-F54123EDC27C.jpeg

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2022 at 7:29 PM Post #17,391 of 18,775
If I'm using the Poly in airplane mode (bluetooth only), is GoFigure the only app I can use to play m3u playlists that I've loaded on the SD card?

Nov 14, 2022 at 7:58 PM Post #17,392 of 18,775
I use mconnect and play my SD card files from there. Do that whether in airplane mode or out roaming.

Nov 14, 2022 at 8:02 PM Post #17,393 of 18,775
Hello guys, I have mojo 2 and poly for review.
I installed the gofigure application but it keeps crashing before I can even select the poly.
This is happening with two android devices?
Any ideas of what is going on?
strange - i remember that happening to me once. From memory, I believe i deleted the app, restarted the mobile device (i use IOS), redownloaded gofigure, and then followed chord's set up instructions.

Gofigure can be glitchy from time to time (rarely), but otherwise is generally stable.

Nov 14, 2022 at 9:37 PM Post #17,394 of 18,775
I use mconnect and play my SD card files from there. Do that whether in airplane mode or out roaming.
I just tried mconnect lite and it can't seem to play the playlists on the SD card via Bluetooth since it's using DLNA unless I'm missing something.

Nov 15, 2022 at 1:54 AM Post #17,395 of 18,775
I just tried mconnect lite and it can't seem to play the playlists on the SD card via Bluetooth since it's using DLNA unless I'm missing something.
I have mconnect player, not lite, so can’t speak to that

I usually set mojo to AirPlane mode via Gofigure. Then I select mojo from the play to menu under either airplay or in upnp devices if you have created a personal hotspot bridge, and then select poly sd storage from browser menu. There are two ways you can use mconnect from memory, via airplay, or if you have created a personal network, you can go wifi I think and get benefits of lossless.

It usually works that way for me.

There’s been a time or two when I have gone into device Bluetooth settings and found a second poly connection and selected that and then used mconnect but limited to AirPlay only. That might be another way if you see that as an option.

Again - I am going from memory as I don’t have my mojo / poly handy to test.

Nov 15, 2022 at 8:55 AM Post #17,396 of 18,775
My mconnect disconnected or couldn't find files on the SD card very often. I was getting so frustrated!

I thought it was the app, but at the end the issue was the battery optimisation mode I have on my mobile. I have disabled it for mconnect and works fine. Try to see if you have any OS limitation regarding the battery usage. I am using a Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite.

Nov 15, 2022 at 8:03 PM Post #17,397 of 18,775
My mconnect disconnected or couldn't find files on the SD card very often. I was getting so frustrated!

I thought it was the app, but at the end the issue was the battery optimisation mode I have on my mobile. I have disabled it for mconnect and works fine. Try to see if you have any OS limitation regarding the battery usage. I am using a Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite.
The SD card I have the playlists on is in the Poly and not in my phone. I think that’s where my challenge is.

Nov 15, 2022 at 10:44 PM Post #17,399 of 18,775
As far as I know, Gofigure is the only app that can play MPD playlists while Poly in airplane mode (Bluetooth Low Energy mode).
That's too bad. I don't mind using GoFigure, but I'll probably need to cut down the number of playlists on the SD card so it's usable. Right now I have a playlist per album and it really struggles to fetch them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back