Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jul 3, 2022 at 3:50 AM Post #17,192 of 18,762
I found it impossible to use Qobuz with Mconnect when I am out of my wifi. It works only when I am at home and the device is connected to my network
Please forgive me, if this is a stupid question,
But did you connect the Poly to iPhone via the hotspot of the iPhone, so that cellular data still can be received via the iPhone an distributed to Poly??

Jul 3, 2022 at 4:13 AM Post #17,193 of 18,762
Please forgive me, if this is a stupid question,
But did you connect the Poly to iPhone via the hotspot of the iPhone, so that cellular data still can be received via the iPhone an distributed to Poly??
I made a hotspot from my mobile and the poly was connected to it. I also used the poly’s hotspot. The data for mconnect is through the mobile, not the poly. Anyway, the long story short is that qobuz through mconnect when out and about is not working.

Jul 3, 2022 at 4:14 AM Post #17,194 of 18,762
I made a hotspot from my mobile and the poly was connected to it. I also used the poly’s hotspot. The data for mconnect is through the mobile, not the poly. Anyway, the long story short is that qobuz through mconnect when out and about is not working.
Ok, will test it on my side in the next hours or days

Jul 4, 2022 at 5:40 AM Post #17,197 of 18,762
It’s a weird one; just won’t open with WiFi enabled. It’ll open with WiFi disabled but as soon as I enable it to try and refresh the list of UPnP devices, it just times out. iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15.5
Fixed! No idea what’s changed, it worked on the umpteenth delete/re-install!

Jul 4, 2022 at 7:31 PM Post #17,201 of 18,762
Jul 5, 2022 at 5:29 AM Post #17,202 of 18,762
Not for me and I have the full version. Works for CD quality but not higher resolution.
Is it possible that you limited the quality in Qobuz for streaming from the mobile network?
I tried and after changing the setting in Qobuz to allow HiRes streaming on mobile network it works.
Using iPhone, MConnect Lite and Mojo2Poly

Jul 5, 2022 at 5:32 AM Post #17,203 of 18,762
Is it possible that you limited the quality in Qobuz for streaming from the mobile network?
I tried and after changing the setting in Qobuz to allow HiRes streaming on mobile network it works.
Using iPhone, MConnect Lite and Mojo2Poly
Hmmm, let me check

Still not working and to be honest this application is an abomination. I'd rather use airplay.

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2022 at 2:11 PM Post #17,204 of 18,762
Is there any way we can use apple music lossless with poly from Android phone ? (not thru Bluetooth)

Jul 18, 2022 at 5:37 AM Post #17,205 of 18,762
Two questions to the Poly user crowd:

* When connecting to the mobile phone hotspot I hear a crackling sound in the background, even when keeping several meters distance between MojoPoly and the used iPhone. Tried with 2 different phones, hear it with both. The crackling is there also when no music is playing. Without any activity it's just a faint, barely audible and rare noise, but when I use Mconnect to access the SD card there's a rustle while the list is loading. This happened even when I didn't choose the MojoPoly as output in Mconnet.
Long story short - it's always there and it's a nuisance. Can this be fixed? No such issues in the home Wifi network.

* Qobuz vs Tidal: Any opinions about SQ differences?
I mean same tracks, same sampling rate and 16/44 quality, so supposedly identical data.
I sometimes feel like there are differences but I am not sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back