Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jul 2, 2022 at 4:59 AM Post #17,176 of 18,762
Hi all,

Big Chord’s fan, I just bought a Mojo 2, 2 weeks ago to replace my OG.
I have been reading religiously this thread and thanks to all your advice/hints/feedback I had the impression, I knew the Poly inside out and decided to make a bet and go for it.

First impression are really good and to my surprise, the UX is better than expected even if still a bit buggy. The sound through SD card is really incredible. I struggled a lot to make Tidal work in Hi-REs on cellular but now it’s ON!

I would have 2 questions to the experts please! :wink:

whilst in cellular, I have access to my SD card in hi-res through glider or Mconnect. Do you think it consumes data? ( otherwise I guess no point to usehotspot anymore. Did I miss something?

When I use Tidal, I am limited to 2 colors of red/orange 44.1/58khz. So I guess I am limited by the face Poly does not decode MQA? Is it right? If I switch to Qobuz, I would have all the colors up to 192Khz right? Would the sound quality be really different?

Thanks !

Jul 2, 2022 at 5:05 AM Post #17,177 of 18,762
iPhone 13 mini can handle it. Listening to tidal on Mconnect as I type
Mmm, it’s a weird one; it opens if I turn wifi off. I’ll give the router a kick!

Jul 2, 2022 at 6:04 AM Post #17,179 of 18,762
I have found poly doesn't always like complex SSIDs. it also is strictly 2.4 gHz device, no 5.0 gHz support at all
Yeah, I’ve had zero issues until this update; weird.

Jul 2, 2022 at 12:17 PM Post #17,180 of 18,762
Anyone else having issues with mconnect on iOS after the latest update - 3.3.71? It just keeps crashing without opening for me.
Working for me on 13 pro IOS 15.5

Jul 2, 2022 at 12:22 PM Post #17,181 of 18,762
Jul 2, 2022 at 2:21 PM Post #17,182 of 18,762
Hi all,

Big Chord’s fan, I just bought a Mojo 2, 2 weeks ago to replace my OG.
I have been reading religiously this thread and thanks to all your advice/hints/feedback I had the impression, I knew the Poly inside out and decided to make a bet and go for it.

First impression are really good and to my surprise, the UX is better than expected even if still a bit buggy. The sound through SD card is really incredible. I struggled a lot to make Tidal work in Hi-REs on cellular but now it’s ON!

I would have 2 questions to the experts please! :wink:

whilst in cellular, I have access to my SD card in hi-res through glider or Mconnect. Do you think it consumes data? ( otherwise I guess no point to usehotspot anymore. Did I miss something?

When I use Tidal, I am limited to 2 colors of red/orange 44.1/58khz. So I guess I am limited by the face Poly does not decode MQA? Is it right? If I switch to Qobuz, I would have all the colors up to 192Khz right? Would the sound quality be really different?

Thanks !

When you connect the poly to your phone using the hotspot mode, the connection between you phone and the poly is in wifi. So if you just launch songs located on the sd card, no cellular data will be consumed. But the apps you use for this on your phone may connect to internet to grab informations regarding artists / albums / songs you browse and play in order to display them on screen, depending on the settings of the app. That’s where it can consume data.
Chord products don’t decode MQA, if you use Qobuz you could play up to 192 kHz songs and it will be seen as such by the mojo and yes the sound quality may be really different depending on the recording and … you ears :beyersmile:

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2022 at 4:20 PM Post #17,184 of 18,762
Working for me on 13 pro IOS 15.5
It’s a weird one; just won’t open with WiFi enabled. It’ll open with WiFi disabled but as soon as I enable it to try and refresh the list of UPnP devices, it just times out. iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15.5

Jul 2, 2022 at 4:24 PM Post #17,185 of 18,762
It’s a weird one; just won’t open with WiFi enabled. It’ll open with WiFi disabled but as soon as I enable it to try and refresh the list of UPnP devices, it just times out. iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15.5
Have you tried deleting and re-installing the app??

Jul 2, 2022 at 4:51 PM Post #17,186 of 18,762
Have you tried deleting and re-installing the app??
Yup. I’m really hoping to avoid rolling the phone back to a backup pre-update

Jul 3, 2022 at 1:09 AM Post #17,187 of 18,762
When you connect the poly to your phone using the hotspot mode, the connection between you phone and the poly is in wifi. So if you just launch songs located on the sd card, no cellular data will be consumed. But the apps you use for this on your phone may connect to internet to grab informations regarding artists / albums / songs you browse and play in order to display them on screen, depending on the settings of the app. That’s where it can consume data.
Chord products don’t decode MQA, if you use Qobuz you could play up to 192 kHz songs and it will be seen as such by the mojo and yes the sound quality may be really different depending on the recording and … you ears :beyersmile:
Thanks! In fact I am able to access my SD card in wifi mode (or cellular) so was just trying to see if it was consuming cellular data or not. It would be good as I don’t need hotspo mode anymore in that case, using Mconnect.
Will try Qobuz then! Tidal in 44/48 is already quite good to be honest. Super happy with the Poly so far!
Thanks all for the great insights. It’s been really helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back