Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jun 4, 2022 at 4:15 PM Post #17,146 of 18,774
Has anyone managed to get Bluetooth audio working with poly and their tv? My Samsung tv works fine with all my other Bluetooth receivers but when connected to poly no sound comes out. I’ve tried a few different things without any luck :frowning2:

Jun 4, 2022 at 4:16 PM Post #17,147 of 18,774
Newbie question part 2, audio over Bluetooth — while not my primary use case, I was trying to have my Sony TV output to the PolyMojo2 as a Bluetooth audio out similar to pairing a Bluetooth headphone. I can pair the TV and the Poly but no audio. What am I missing?
Did you get this working? I have same problems with my Samsung tv

Jun 4, 2022 at 4:53 PM Post #17,148 of 18,774
Did you get this working? I have same problems with my Samsung tv
I did. Ended up being level related where I had to max volume on the TV and then fine tune volume on the Mojo2.

Jun 5, 2022 at 11:31 AM Post #17,149 of 18,774
Has anyone managed to get Bluetooth audio working with poly and their tv? My Samsung tv works fine with all my other Bluetooth receivers but when connected to poly no sound comes out. I’ve tried a few different things without any luck :frowning2:
My first Poly with the first firmware works with my TV Samsung.
With the second and third, it does not.
I contact support and i received a new one.
Now, with the second Poly, it works but on the TV, i must to remove the configurations of my others equipments.

Edit: I use also CX6.00BT , Hugo2 and 2go with my TV.
When I turn on the CX6.00BT, the TV directly shows that a Bluetooth equipment is usable.
None of the Chord product works like that.
In the list of the Bluetooth equipments usable, the name of the Poly is not writed correctly

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2022 at 2:40 AM Post #17,150 of 18,774
My first Poly with the first firmware works with my TV Samsung.
With the second and third, it does not.
I contact support and i received a new one.
Now, with the second Poly, it works but on the TV, i must to remove the configurations of my others equipments.

Edit: I use also CX6.00BT , Hugo2 and 2go with my TV.
When I turn on the CX6.00BT, the TV directly shows that a Bluetooth equipment is usable.
None of the Chord product works like that.
In the list of the Bluetooth equipments usable, the name of the Poly is not writed correctly

Oh that sounds messy! I will try and remove all my other bluetooth connections on the tv. I really wanted to use it with my TV for movies..

Jun 6, 2022 at 3:49 AM Post #17,151 of 18,774
I tried bluetooth audio out of my laptop too (macbook) and no sound is coming also with the poly.. anyone figure this out?

I have a new Chord Poly running firmware 3.0. Airplane mode/Bluetooth Audio turned on in GoFigure app.

* Samsung TV bluetooth Audio connected to Poly but no sound comes out (I tried to max volume on the tv too). All my other bluetooth audio devices work fine.
* Macbook Pro M1 - same issue, connected to Poly bluetooth audio but no sound coming out. All my other bluetooth audio devices work fine. I also tried with removing all my other configure bluetooth devices from the computer.
* iPhone 13 - bluetooth audio works.
* Windows 10 laptop - bluetooth audio also seems to work as expected.

I've never had this issue with my bluetooth devices especially using SBC codec, it's just been plug and play.. don't understand why the Poly is so fussy.

It seems that my Poly's bluetooth is only compatible with IOS (possibly Android) phones only - is there anything I can do? I can't use wifi with my corporate network at work so bluetooth is my only option for streaming.

Any help will be much appreciated

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2022 at 10:05 AM Post #17,152 of 18,774
Last night I tried to charge my Mojo/Poly and noticed the light for the Poly didn't come on. I disconnected the Poly from the Mojo and tried to charge it separately, still no light. It's not yet two years old and dead in the water. The battery can't have had more than 30 cycles. A bit of a shock and disappointing.
I wrote the company where I bought it and I hope they can do something for me.

Jun 6, 2022 at 10:32 AM Post #17,153 of 18,774
Last night I tried to charge my Mojo/Poly and noticed the light for the Poly didn't come on. I disconnected the Poly from the Mojo and tried to charge it separately, still no light. It's not yet two years old and dead in the water. The battery can't have had more than 30 cycles. A bit of a shock and disappointing.
Did you plug into power, then unplug, and then plug in again? On my Poly you have to do that to charge it.

Jun 6, 2022 at 10:53 AM Post #17,154 of 18,774
Had the same issue with my first poly and it was replaced with no issue. The replacement came also with 6 years warrantee, just to be on the safe side.

Jun 20, 2022 at 12:19 AM Post #17,155 of 18,774
I was considering a Poly to pair with my Mojo 2 but it sounds like a very unintuitive device. Is it really that hard to use? At the moment I'm using the Mojo 2 with an iPhone with Roon, Qobuz and Bandcamp.

Jun 20, 2022 at 12:30 AM Post #17,156 of 18,774
I was considering a Poly to pair with my Mojo 2 but it sounds like a very unintuitive device. Is it really that hard to use? At the moment I'm using the Mojo 2 with an iPhone with Roon, Qobuz and Bandcamp.
Not hard to use but could be temperamental when dealing with SD card. If using as a Roon end point then no issue I’m aware of. The combo does sound good for a portable rig.

Jun 20, 2022 at 11:58 AM Post #17,159 of 18,774
Thanks. I'd wonder if a Poly 2 is in the works to address the frustrating aspects.

Good to hear Roon works well, but if traveling that's not an option for playback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back