Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 30, 2022 at 4:33 AM Post #17,072 of 18,786
Does anyone have the guide on how to run Poly in hybrid mode?

May 1, 2022 at 4:51 AM Post #17,074 of 18,786
There is always some problem with the chord poly. Since version 3.0, this indexing no longer works reliably if you want to read a memory card in poly. And the result is now that some albums and audiobooks are no longer displayed.

Only the m.a.l.p app is still good for pure mpd. but practically useless, because there is no possibility for dsp. In my opinion there is zero sense in bit perfect. Without possibility of dsp, a high quality dac / amp like mojo make no sense at all.

May 1, 2022 at 10:00 AM Post #17,075 of 18,786
There is always some problem with the chord poly. Since version 3.0, this indexing no longer works reliably if you want to read a memory card in poly. And the result is now that some albums and audiobooks are no longer displayed.

Only the m.a.l.p app is still good for pure mpd. but practically useless, because there is no possibility for dsp. In my opinion there is zero sense in bit perfect. Without possibility of dsp, a high quality dac / amp like mojo make no sense at all.
Are your files in AIFF format? I have that issue and Ed @ChordElectronics says they are working on a fix. But it’s been a long time coming.

May 1, 2022 at 9:50 PM Post #17,077 of 18,786
I started combing through this thread, but with 17,000 posts, it's a tad brutal

I'm having a weird problem where GoFigure crashes whenever playing certain playlists. It's really bizarre and I can't figure out what is causing it.

It seems to crash for any of these. I select this playlist and it plays, but the app crashes. I reopen, and try to skip to the next song and it crashes again.

It happens with one other playlist, but I can't remember which one at the moment.

Does anyone know what characters are in these filenames that are causing the crash? Or is this just some bug that I have to deal with? There's only 4 files in here, so it's not a big deal, but would be nice to know if it is something I can fix.

(My hesitation with changing the name is just that I'm trying to be consistent with Roon, as well as my other DAPs, so it'd be nice if I didn't have to change the filename, but willing to if necessary)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-05-01 at 6.44.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-01 at 6.44.57 PM.png
    42.5 KB · Views: 0
May 2, 2022 at 8:18 AM Post #17,078 of 18,786

I'm having a weird problem where GoFigure crashes whenever playing certain playlists. It's really bizarre and I can't figure out what is causing it.

It seems to crash for any of these. I select this playlist and it plays, but the app crashes. I reopen, and try to skip to the next song and it crashes again.

It happens with one other playlist, but I can't remember which one at the moment.

Does anyone know what characters are in these filenames that are causing the crash? Or is this just some bug that I have to deal with? There's only 4 files in here, so it's not a big deal, but would be nice to know if it is something I can fix.

(My hesitation with changing the name is just that I'm trying to be consistent with Roon, as well as my other DAPs, so it'd be nice if I didn't have to change the filename, but willing to if necessary)
Does the same playlist(s) crash with mconnect, MaximumMPD, or another playlist creator/player or just with GoFigure?

May 2, 2022 at 11:23 AM Post #17,079 of 18,786
Does the same playlist(s) crash with mconnect, MaximumMPD, or another playlist creator/player or just with GoFigure?
Thanks for the reply,

I haven't used those apps in so long, it never occurred to me to try.

Re-downloaded MConnect and 8Player, and they dont' crash when playing those files from the playlist or the folder.
MaximumMPD is new to me, so I DL'd it and tried, but couldn't find the playlists, so I just played the files from the folder part of the interface, and it worked fine.

Last edited:
May 2, 2022 at 2:38 PM Post #17,080 of 18,786

The playlists are just text files, so if you copy them then maybe someone can check them. In the past seemingly small things like forward or backward slash, or folder name or IP address could throw some apps.

May 2, 2022 at 3:44 PM Post #17,081 of 18,786
The playlists are just text files, so if you copy them then maybe someone can check them. In the past seemingly small things like forward or backward slash, or folder name or IP address could throw some apps.
Oh, that's a good idea. I didn't think the problem might be the playlist itself, but of course that's an option.

.m3u file ->

Edward Elgar/Sheku Kanneh-Mason - Elgar (2020)/03 - Cello Concerto in E Minor, Op. 85 _ 1. Adagio - Moderato.mp3
Edward Elgar/Sheku Kanneh-Mason - Elgar (2020)/04 - Cello Concerto in E Minor, Op. 85 _ 2. Lento - Allegro molto.mp3
Edward Elgar/Sheku Kanneh-Mason - Elgar (2020)/05 - Cello Concerto in E Minor, Op. 85 _ 3. Adagio.mp3
Edward Elgar/Sheku Kanneh-Mason - Elgar (2020)/06 - Cello Concerto in E Minor, Op. 85 _ 4. Allegro.mp3

May 3, 2022 at 9:15 PM Post #17,082 of 18,786
Hello everyone,

I bought a Mojo2 + Poly combo with the v3 firmware update and found a bug.

I connected it via Bluetooth to my iPhone 13 pro max and the sound works on some apps but there are other apps where I can't hear anything.

I'm able to hear sound via Bluetooth when I use apps such as Netflix, Apple Music, HBO Max, YouTube

I'm NOT able to hear sound via Bluetooth when I use apps such as Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, WhatsApp

Anybody has seen a similar issue?

I hope someone from @ChordElectronics can help out with this issue
So far I love the Mojo2+Poly combo but would like to hear sound from ANY app via Bluetooth. Thanks.

May 4, 2022 at 9:24 AM Post #17,083 of 18,786
Is there any additional benefit of using an MPD server instead of UpNP? I've just got my Poly up and running with my M2 and Hi-Fi Cast app is working great playing from my NAS. MPD seems like a ball-ache to set up on a NAS so I'm curious why you'd go through all that when an app seems to do the job virtually instantly? I'm assuming that with BitPerfect set to 'On' the Poly/M2 is processing (DSD) files without any loss?

Another coll feature of the Hi_fi Cast app is the use of Shoutcast radio (since the GoFigure radio function seems a bit shonky to me).

May 5, 2022 at 2:51 AM Post #17,084 of 18,786
Why are you using Poly for in-home application? A dedicated streamer using toslink will provide significant improvement over Poly (night and day is not an overstatement). Poly is fine on the road, but it's honestly pretty low end for in-home use.

May 5, 2022 at 1:50 PM Post #17,085 of 18,786
Why are you using Poly for in-home application? A dedicated streamer using toslink will provide significant improvement over Poly (night and day is not an overstatement). Poly is fine on the road, but it's honestly pretty low end for in-home use.
What are your thoughts about connecting the Mojo2 to Roon? Is connecting the Mojo to my Mac by USB within the Roon app superior to connecting to Roon via the Poly? It seems to my ears that the connection via Poly is noticeably better. And the path looks a lot less complex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back