Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 5, 2022 at 7:24 AM Post #17,027 of 18,774
I have a mesh system with four access points.

Do you think that will be a problem?
I have a Google mesh router with three access points in my ~1800 square foot house. I have no issues switching between access points using Poly.
My connection becomes intermittent once I get outside my house it (probably too far from any access point). Poly's performance is excellent and very stable with 3.0. My only issue (minor as it may be) is the time switching between network and hot spot modes.

Apr 5, 2022 at 6:23 PM Post #17,028 of 18,774
A brain pick please. I've recently update the firmware in my Poly to 3.0. Now when I load any of my SD cards and try to play with BubbleUPnP the library is unusable. By that I mean multiple entries per Artist and multiple entries per Genre (e.g. 19 seperate entries called "Classical"). I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling Bubble and have tried smaller sections of my library on smaller SD cards. They all exhibit the same issues. I've also re-indexed the card(s) both from Gofigure and by removing/replacing. Still no joy.

My source (Windows) is structured by file type and then Modern/Classical and onto the usual Artists structure. I.e. the SD card has "Music/{FLAC,MP3,DSD}/(Classical,Modern}/{Artists}/...". I use the same source folder for Sonos at home and it has no issues pulling all of artist X into one entry or all of genre Y into another.

I never had this issue with the previous firmware, and it makes the Poly unusable. Any suggestions as to cause/fix gratefully recieved.

Thanks.

Apr 5, 2022 at 7:10 PM Post #17,029 of 18,774
A brain pick please. I've recently update the firmware in my Poly to 3.0. Now when I load any of my SD cards and try to play with BubbleUPnP the library is unusable. By that I mean multiple entries per Artist and multiple entries per Genre (e.g. 19 seperate entries called "Classical"). I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling Bubble and have tried smaller sections of my library on smaller SD cards. They all exhibit the same issues. I've also re-indexed the card(s) both from Gofigure and by removing/replacing. Still no joy.

My source (Windows) is structured by file type and then Modern/Classical and onto the usual Artists structure. I.e. the SD card has "Music/{FLAC,MP3,DSD}/(Classical,Modern}/{Artists}/...". I use the same source folder for Sonos at home and it has no issues pulling all of artist X into one entry or all of genre Y into another.

I never had this issue with the previous firmware, and it makes the Poly unusable. Any suggestions as to cause/fix gratefully recieved.

Thanks.

Could you try re-formatting the disk and loading the music you want on there from scratch? Then use GoFigure to index and see what happens.

Apr 5, 2022 at 7:54 PM Post #17,030 of 18,774

Thanks.
Flagged up before. No solutions posted as far as I know.

Post in thread 'Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆'
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cho...ful-info-on-1st-page-◄★☆.831347/post-16705287

Apr 9, 2022 at 6:28 AM Post #17,031 of 18,774
Hey all, I'm having huge issues with the Poly and Mojo 2. Hoping someone can help.

I had Mojo (OG) and Poly working great. I've updated the firmware to 3.0 in preparation for receiving a Mojo 2 (actually while I was reviewing with a pre-release Mojo 2). When I connect the Poly to the Mojo 2 and power up, the P.status light flashes blue, then a brief green flash, followed by solid green, but I can't get GoFigure to find it no matter what I try (normal mode, alternate, etc.)
The solid green goes off after about 30-60 seconds and then I have to reboot to try again.
I've tried pressing the config button with Mojo 2 connected and with headphones, but hear no sounds to suggest the config button is activating the menu.
Any suggestions?

Apr 9, 2022 at 8:46 AM Post #17,032 of 18,774
You should check with Airties tech support on that. It seems unlikely, but they would know best. You might be able to set up a second network on one unit only. Good Luck!!
Just checked with my IP. I will be able to open a separate 2.4 GHz network on one antenna.
Maybe that would work better. Right now my network is not split between 2.4 and 5 GHz. The two frequencies are both open. So I am not able to assign one unit to a specific frequency which might interfere with Poly’s 2.4 GHz preference.

Apr 9, 2022 at 9:39 AM Post #17,033 of 18,774
Just checked with my IP. I will be able to open a separate 2.4 GHz network on one antenna.
Maybe that would work better. Right now my network is not split between 2.4 and 5 GHz. The two frequencies are both open. So I am not able to assign one unit to a specific frequency which might interfere with Poly’s 2.4 GHz preference.
also make sure the SSID has no special characters

Apr 13, 2022 at 8:22 AM Post #17,034 of 18,774
I've had this weird thing happen a few times with Mojo (original) + Poly recently. I go to play something off the SD card and it plays back at real low volume. I find I have to push Mojo up 10 clicks or more to get it up to somewhere near the usual volume I listen. And then I'm listening half-scared that the 'normal' volume might suddenly resume and I'll blow out my ears! :wink:

I don't know what causes it; the last times it's happened I've just given up, came back another day and tried playback off the SD card and it was all back to normal. It happened the other week, but then just happened again now and I restarted Mojo+Poly a few times (including separating each between restarts) but couldn't fix it. I'm using MaximumMPD with iPhone, but have never had any problems with MaximumMPD before. It seems to be SD card playback only, as after experiencing the issue again just now I tried Network playback via Audirvana and it was back to normal volume.

Anyone else had something like this?

Apr 13, 2022 at 9:26 AM Post #17,035 of 18,774
I've had this weird thing happen a few times with Mojo (original) + Poly recently. I go to play something off the SD card and it plays back at real low volume. I find I have to push Mojo up 10 clicks or more to get it up to somewhere near the usual volume I listen. And then I'm listening half-scared that the 'normal' volume might suddenly resume and I'll blow out my ears! :wink:

I don't know what causes it; the last times it's happened I've just given up, came back another day and tried playback off the SD card and it was all back to normal. It happened the other week, but then just happened again now and I restarted Mojo+Poly a few times (including separating each between restarts) but couldn't fix it. I'm using MaximumMPD with iPhone, but have never had any problems with MaximumMPD before. It seems to be SD card playback only, as after experiencing the issue again just now I tried Network playback via Audirvana and it was back to normal volume.

Anyone else had something like this?
I would guess that the volume is being controlled by your iDevice. Check that "Link Device Volume Control to MPD Volume" is off in MaximumMPD settings.

Apr 16, 2022 at 7:36 PM Post #17,036 of 18,774
Can someone help me out with Poly?

My current setup is that Poly is connected to phone hotspot and music is played via mconnect app with my tidal account. The problem with this setup is that every time music is played outside, I will be using phone data when mconnect app downloads the music. This will incur huge data charge. Is there any way to play music via native tidal app where I have downloaded my music (other than bluetooth)?

If this is all poly can do, I don't get what is the point of poly. I could get cheap android based dap with a line-out than 795USD mediocre, hard-to-setup, unstable device.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2022 at 10:47 AM Post #17,037 of 18,774
Can someone help me out with Poly?

My current setup is that Poly is connected to phone hotspot and music is played via mconnect app with my tidal account. The problem with this setup is that every time music is played outside, I will be using phone data when mconnect app downloads the music. This will incur huge data charge. Is there any way to play music via native tidal app where I have downloaded my music (other than bluetooth)?

If this is all poly can do, I don't get what is the point of poly. I could get cheap android based dap with a line-out than 795USD mediocre, hard-to-setup, unstable device.
You can use the Tidal app to play music from you phone to Poly. Select Poly as the output in Tidal.

Apr 17, 2022 at 2:07 PM Post #17,040 of 18,774
You can use the Tidal app to play music from you phone to Poly. Select Poly as the output in Tidal.
For android, it doesn't work. Tidal doesn't have a native support to Chord product yet. I should look into iPhone for next phone I guess. Airplay seems to be a good central app from what I hear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back