Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jul 3, 2021 at 12:35 PM Post #16,321 of 18,770
Okay, so, early impressions, I think I now get why some people are angry at this product, it's definitely not as easy as plug and play and the guides definitely need some work -if I take into consideration that I am a CS Major and I found it cumbersome to set up; I cannot imagine what was it like for someone who isn't as tech-savvy.

The huge miss for me is that you cannot use it as a Roon Core, if only you were able to use it as a hotspot and then see it from the Roon Ios/Android APP with all the power of Roon behind it man, this would be a no-brainer and an absolute DAP killer! But then again... this is not a DAP, is a streamer. (with DAP~ish functionality on the side)

Yes, you need the MPD player, yes, it's not as easy as get yourself a DAP and play, but once you are on it's easy to use and just to think that I can take it with me as easy as just get up and find yourself either a good spot in the house or even better get to an amazing spot out there with the level of sound quality that the Mojo-Poly packs... Now I get why so many others love it.
I agree that some of the use cases are not the easiest. However while it does not have the power to be a Roon core it serves very well as a Roon endpoint. I got the Poly when it was released and have been using it since primarily as a Roon end point and it has worked fabulously.

Jul 3, 2021 at 9:24 PM Post #16,322 of 18,770
I thought the advice was to not play and charge at the same time , for mojo battery preservation reasons. I think rob said that ..

He did say that, but the manual says its possible, if you take it out of its case and lay it on a surface, it should be ok, however, mojo has a high cut off temp that should protect it from damage, but playing and charging regularly will no doubt damage components sooner rather than later.

Jul 3, 2021 at 9:35 PM Post #16,323 of 18,770
Okay, so, early impressions, I think I now get why some people are angry at this product, it's definitely not as easy as plug and play and the guides definitely need some work -if I take into consideration that I am a CS Major and I found it cumbersome to set up; I cannot imagine what was it like for someone who isn't as tech-savvy.

The huge miss for me is that you cannot use it as a Roon Core, if only you were able to use it as a hotspot and then see it from the Roon Ios/Android APP with all the power of Roon behind it man, this would be a no-brainer and an absolute DAP killer! But then again... this is not a DAP, is a streamer. (with DAP~ish functionality on the side)

Yes, you need the MPD player, yes, it's not as easy as get yourself a DAP and play, but once you are on it's easy to use and just to think that I can take it with me as easy as just get up and find yourself either a good spot in the house or even better get to an amazing spot out there with the level of sound quality that the Mojo-Poly packs... Now I get why so many others love it.
It was even worse prior to FW 2.04!
Glad you got it up and running. The good news is it’ll stay that way, especially if you are using it with Roon.

Jul 4, 2021 at 3:00 PM Post #16,324 of 18,770
side)

I found Mconnect to be the best.

Jul 4, 2021 at 3:27 PM Post #16,325 of 18,770
I found Mconnect to be the best.
I agree! Definitely the best one I've found so far, and even its Free version is as good (or better) as the ones you have to pay for!

So far, the best user experience is Roon. But having more options is great! I really like Poly! :smile_phones: (I'm still in the honeymoon phase haha) It also adds this extra layer of consistency in the sound quality. Hard to think that is a device as "old" as it is...

Jul 6, 2021 at 4:12 AM Post #16,326 of 18,770
Hi all, just updated my chord poly to 2.0.4. Was on 1.0.43 for the longest time. Quick question, my iPhone Apple Music says it’s playing via Bluetooth but the chord doesn’t play anything. I have the Gofigure app set on airplane/Bluetooth mode and the iPhone thinks it’s playing music but there’s no sound. I removed Bluetooth paring and repaired. Can’t think of what else I should do. I’m on iOS 14.7 on the iPhone 11pro.

Jul 6, 2021 at 5:59 AM Post #16,327 of 18,770
Hi All, I had a go at chasing Chord up regarding the very overdue firmware update for Poly. The reply I received was:

————————————————
Dear Sir, thanks for your email.
I'm sorry for the delay on this. Two members of the software team have been out of action but everyone is back in harness and we hope to get this out the door as soon as possible.
All the best

Ed Selley / Customer Support
support@chordelectronics.co.uk
————————————————

Given the glacial periods between updates so far, I wont be holding my breath….

Jul 6, 2021 at 6:14 AM Post #16,328 of 18,770
Hi All, I had a go at chasing Chord up regarding the very overdue firmware update for Poly. The reply I received was:

————————————————
I'm sorry for the delay on this. Two members of the software team have been out of action but everyone is back in harness and we hope to get this out the door as soon as possible.
All the best

————————————————

Thanks for the chase up. Not sure if you were around near the launch - now *that* was glacial/frustrating!

Jul 6, 2021 at 7:57 AM Post #16,329 of 18,770

————————————————
All the best

————————————————

It is still Not released?

Jul 6, 2021 at 11:23 AM Post #16,331 of 18,770

————————————————
All the best

————————————————

Rather wait for a good slow release than a quick buggy one... Though, Chord is now kinda obligated to ship a near-zero bug update... Given the delay time.

What is going to be shipped in this release?

Jul 6, 2021 at 12:19 PM Post #16,332 of 18,770
Rather wait for a good slow release than a quick buggy one... Though, Chord is now kinda obligated to ship a near-zero bug update... Given the delay time.

What is going to be shipped in this release?
I don’t know for sure, but hopefully it will include the additional functionality which was delivered for the 2GO; well, at least the parts that are possible in the Poly hardware. See the 2GO release notification:

2GO release notes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back