Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jun 25, 2021 at 11:16 AM Post #16,292 of 18,788
Again.
I would be perfectly fine with that.
But they, chord themselves, put Spotify support on the box of the device.
If it wasn't going to ever support it then they shouldn't have put it on there.

They've stated many times that it's "coming soon" "we are working on it" "it's earmarked for the future"

If you buy headphones do you think it's reasonable to expect them to have Bluetooth support if it's stated on the box?
And when they don't have any Bluetooth you'd say "oh, that's fine, even though I bought them for their Bluetooth support I'll just use them wired, seeing as that's how you get better quality sound"?
but, the Poly does work with Spotify 🤨 if you go to output devices and you are using poly through the network you can stream via Airplay. Am I missing something here?

From 2018, minute 4:00.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2021 at 11:28 AM Post #16,293 of 18,788
but, the Poly does work with Spotify 🤨 if you go to output devices and you are using poly through the network you can stream via Airplay. Am I missing something here?
Yes.
1. You're not using Spotify connect, you're outputting a worse singal.

2. You can't use airplay on an android phone.

3. It's not the way chord themselves states that you'll be able to use Spotify.

Jun 25, 2021 at 11:48 AM Post #16,294 of 18,788
I see, though, Isn't Spotify lossy? If your point is to have a better source I wouldn't say your best option is to use Spotify. I wasn't aware that Chord stated that you could use Spotify connect, sorry, mixed terms there stating you could but it was actually Airplay

Jun 25, 2021 at 3:19 PM Post #16,295 of 18,788
Just buy an iPhone/iPad and be done. Don’t understand the big deal. When I first bought my Linn streamer 10yrs ago the dealer said I needed iPad and network storage. So that’s what I bought. Used iPhone costs less than a cable these days.

Jun 25, 2021 at 3:26 PM Post #16,296 of 18,788
Jun 25, 2021 at 5:33 PM Post #16,300 of 18,788
Fix a broken product by having to buy another product 🤣
This is the way.

joking aside you are spending $1k+ on a portal dac/streamer and probably another $1k on headphones and $300 on cables. Adding an iPhone/iPad is just another few hundred. If you have another high end streamer your will be much happier with iOS.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2021 at 6:43 PM Post #16,301 of 18,788
This is the way.

joking aside you are spending $1k+ on a portal dac/streamer and probably another $1k on headphones and $300 on cables. Adding an iPhone/iPad is just another few hundred. If you have another high end streamer your will be much happier with iOS.
Or you could just buy a product that delivers on it's promised features, like a fiio player.

Jun 25, 2021 at 7:14 PM Post #16,302 of 18,788
This is the way.

I think you are probably just being a troll right now. Either that or you are just being massively insensitive.

I saved money to buy my mojo and then saved again to buy the poly. Should I really have to save again just to buy an iPhone to be able to use the features chord promised years ago?

Not everybody on this website is swimming with expendable cash and would be happy spending another £500 because they have already spent £500.

Jun 27, 2021 at 6:13 AM Post #16,304 of 18,788
Does anyone know if there are any tricks to getting the poly to connect via Bluetooth with Android?

It is a mission in itself just getting the thing to pair with my android phone but even when it does it does not process audio even though it is showing as connected. The power marble is showing as off so nothing is being sent to the mojo by the looks of it.

Jun 27, 2021 at 11:09 AM Post #16,305 of 18,788
Does anyone know if there are any tricks to getting the poly to connect via Bluetooth with Android?

It is a mission in itself just getting the thing to pair with my android phone but even when it does it does not process audio even though it is showing as connected. The power marble is showing as off so nothing is being sent to the mojo by the looks of it.
Your phone must support Blue Tooth Low Energy (BLE), BLE Advertising and GPS and location services must be on. Even then not all phone/Android combinations will work with Poly. The nRF app will tell you whether your phone supports BLE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back