Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jun 23, 2021 at 1:29 PM Post #16,278 of 18,742
This would make me happy. Is this even possible?
It supports Airplay, so why not? It's just that networking (and software) is not Chord's strong suit.

Jun 23, 2021 at 7:08 PM Post #16,279 of 18,742
Lol. People expect too much from a high end audiophile company when it comes to tech integration. Just be happy almost everything works - that puts them in the top 1% of the their peers 😂

Jun 23, 2021 at 7:51 PM Post #16,280 of 18,742
Lol. People expect too much from a high end audiophile company when it comes to tech integration. Just be happy almost everything works - that puts them in the top 1% of the their peers 😂

I would rephrase that as " A so called high end company" if they can't get their crap right. You're not high end if you can't get your stuff running correctly, you're slipshod.

Jun 23, 2021 at 8:19 PM Post #16,281 of 18,742
Wow, I was checking back in to see if the poly module was finally working well...

I guess not.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2021 at 9:03 PM Post #16,282 of 18,742
It’s working for my use case. If you want apple level of “everything just works”experience, you buy mass market consumer audio not boutique high end audio.

Jun 24, 2021 at 4:36 AM Post #16,284 of 18,742
It’s working for my use case. If you want apple level of “everything just works”experience, you buy mass market consumer audio not boutique high end audio.
It's working for Apple users, and that seems to be enough for chord.

This product has been out for over 4 years and it still doesn't support features that's advertised on the box.

It's not a matter of having slight problems connecting to the device, it's about a promised feature not being there at all.

Jun 24, 2021 at 5:30 AM Post #16,285 of 18,742
Lol. People expect too much from a high end audiophile company when it comes to tech integration. Just be happy almost everything works - that puts them in the top 1% of the their peers
If you believe getting less than what you paid for is acceptable, good on you. I feel different.

Here is a novel idea. How about a definitive statement on the future of development on Poly (not some platitudes that mean squat). Is that asking too much of a high end audiophile company?
It's working for Apple users, and that seems to be enough for chord.

This product has been out for over 4 years and it still doesn't support features that's advertised on the box.

It's not a matter of having slight problems connecting to the device, it's about a promised feature not being there at all.
And all we get from @ChordElectronics is crickets.

Jun 24, 2021 at 6:32 AM Post #16,286 of 18,742
It's really a shame that £15 Chromecast audio puck performs better than a £499 chord poly.

My working from home set up is 15ft away from my WiFi router and if I want to listen to music without and drop outs I end up using my CCA puck optical in to my mojo instead of my Poly because it works better.

I can cast to the CCA or use it as a roon endpoint.

I realise most people will say it's down to my home network but the only thing that fails is the Poly. All other equipment works absolutely fine even when streaming hi Res.

O well lessons learned I suppose.

Jun 24, 2021 at 8:17 PM Post #16,287 of 18,742
Trading convenience and features for sound quality is par for the course for high quality audio reproduction. I think people have unrealistic expectations these days.

Jun 24, 2021 at 8:37 PM Post #16,288 of 18,742
Trading convenience and features for sound quality is par for the course for high quality audio reproduction. I think people have unrealistic expectations these days.
Again.
I would be perfectly fine with that.
But they, chord themselves, put Spotify support on the box of the device.
If it wasn't going to ever support it then they shouldn't have put it on there.

They've stated many times that it's "coming soon" "we are working on it" "it's earmarked for the future"

If you buy headphones do you think it's reasonable to expect them to have Bluetooth support if it's stated on the box?
And when they don't have any Bluetooth you'd say "oh, that's fine, even though I bought them for their Bluetooth support I'll just use them wired, seeing as that's how you get better quality sound"?

Jun 24, 2021 at 9:11 PM Post #16,289 of 18,742
Spotify works with airplay, right? I don't know for sure, I use Qobuz.

Jun 24, 2021 at 9:21 PM Post #16,290 of 18,742
It's really a shame that £15 Chromecast audio puck performs better than a £499 chord poly.

My working from home set up is 15ft away from my WiFi router and if I want to listen to music without and drop outs I end up using my CCA puck optical in to my mojo instead of my Poly because it works better.

I can cast to the CCA or use it as a roon endpoint.

I realise most people will say it's down to my home network but the only thing that fails is the Poly. All other equipment works absolutely fine even when streaming hi Res.

O well lessons learned I suppose.
I have even replaced the Poly with the Apple AirPods Max as I am just tired of flicking threw random apps hoping the Poly gets detected by one of them before I can starting playing music.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back