Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Feb 11, 2021 at 1:52 PM Post #15,871 of 19,125
hi, is there any manual/doc on how to configure the sd card for poly?
I have 2 cards 1 64GB from Sandisk and 512GB from Samsung. the 64gb works without a problem but the 512gb card doesn't work.
it works fine on pc but poly sees it as 0.19gb card with 0 file.
(nothing shows up on 8player, etc, either)
Another consideration was pointed out by @Matt Bartlett a while back, that transferring many GB of music files in one batch, seems to cause some SD cards to overheat and malfunction.
Since then I have kept all my music transfers to just a few GB at a time.

Feb 12, 2021 at 6:19 PM Post #15,872 of 19,125
Another consideration was pointed out by @Matt Bartlett a while back, that transferring many GB of music files in one batch, seems to cause some SD cards to overheat and malfunction.
Since then I have kept all my music transfers to just a few GB at a time.

sometimes doing a full format (instead of a quick one) will smooth out the performance of a card that has sector issues. that is assuming the memory chip isn't damaged

Feb 22, 2021 at 12:08 PM Post #15,878 of 19,125
Once setup Mojo/Poly is a very capable Roon endpoint
I've found Roon ocassionally drops when playing HiRes (24-bit FLAC) to Poly over my wi-fi. Other Roon endpoints are hardwired with ethernet cable. I run Roon Server from a Synology NAS and wi-fi is a very robust Asus AI Mesh. I have initiated the process of moving Roon to an Intel NUC and run ROCK instead in the hopes of better overall performance. Will hopefully get the ordered parts by this weekend.

Feb 22, 2021 at 12:25 PM Post #15,879 of 19,125
Similar woes here...running Google (Nest) mesh network to a Pi3\DigiOne\Volumio endpoint and getting drops occasionally. I’m hoping the Poly performs a bit better with regard to Roon. Roon Core is running on a dedicated Windows10 server. Considering moving to a NUC\Rock solution also. Sorry, went off topic a bit.

Feb 22, 2021 at 1:21 PM Post #15,880 of 19,125
I just ordered a MojoPoly...hoping I didn’t make a mistake after reading about all the issues. Primary use will be a Roon endpoint at home.
I also use my Poly primarily as a Roon endpoint, it's nice to have the portability throughout the house for headphone listening. I'm running Roon on a NUC and the performance with the Poly has been flawless. I had also used Poly for outdoor use but eventually just found it too bulky to carry on walks. Hope you enjoy your experience with your new Poly.

Feb 23, 2021 at 9:54 AM Post #15,881 of 19,125
Hello, I had lot of trouble with POLY in the past (as an early adopter); esp. I was unable to initiate playback from SD card, and Roon suffered from unstable connection even when near of router. The unit finally broke one day, when I could not hard reset it. Still I like MojoPoly combo, and I am thinking of buying another Poly, but, I would like to know whether the aforementioned woes has been remedied in later revisions of hardware (I was running latest firmware, which did not help).

Many thanks in advance for opinions!

Feb 23, 2021 at 10:04 AM Post #15,882 of 19,125
Hello, I had lot of trouble with POLY in the past (as an early adopter); esp. I was unable to initiate playback from SD card, and Roon suffered from unstable connection even when near of router. The unit finally broke one day, when I could not hard reset it. Still I like MojoPoly combo, and I am thinking of buying another Poly, but, I would like to know whether the aforementioned woes has been remedied in later revisions of hardware (I was running latest firmware, which did not help).

Many thanks in advance for opinions!
I was an early purchaser of Poly as well many years ago. The Poly had problems and within a few months of ownership it was replaced by Chord under warranty. The replacement has been problem free ever since. So perhaps buying one now may be a better experience if it is from a more current manufacture batch. If you do buy new from authorized reseller then you'll have a new warranty anyway just in case.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back