Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Dec 31, 2020 at 4:38 AM Post #15,797 of 18,757

To help out, I'm an Android user and have had the Poly for over a year (also have a 2go). I haven't had any issue with Android and Chord's streamers. Dunno if PrittiPoly has had a specific problem; it's not a general issue. I've had 3 different Android phones since getting the Poly and no issues getting connected and playing, either on my wifi network or with the Poly in hotspot mode while on the go.

My only beef has been Chord not delivering on Casting support (Google's Airplay equivalent). It's not right how they've neglected it, and it's a big limiting factor for those who stream. But this is a feature thing and not a functionality issue. Everything else (GoFigure function, UPnP streaming and microSD playback) works as it should.

Dec 31, 2020 at 9:44 AM Post #15,798 of 18,757
I am now into my second year of being subscribed. Works great with both Poly and 2Go (not that 2Go leaves my flat anyway- it is a Roon machine, really!)

Same here. I was off and on with Rigelian, but just subscribed for my second year. The only drawback I have with Rigelian is the lack of consistent cover art. As has been posted previously (and as I rudimentarily understand it), this is due to Poly's lack of MPD 0.22 which is forthcoming. Is there a workaround in the interim to get cover art?

Other than that, Rigelian is my main app for micro SD listening on the go (I use Roon while at home).

Dec 31, 2020 at 10:05 AM Post #15,799 of 18,757
The only drawback I have with Rigelian is the lack of consistent cover art. As has been posted previously (and as I rudimentarily understand it), this is due to Poly's lack of MPD 0.22 which is forthcoming.

I would like to believe that will occur, but history paints a different picture.
As good as the Mojo/Poly combo can be, it has never achieved the greatness that was advertised long ago

Dec 31, 2020 at 11:14 AM Post #15,802 of 18,757
hi guys after bit of advice really tempted on picking up mojo/poly combo from my dealer who has awesome offer on

planning on using it with my IEM 800 for serious listening but i also own a set of wireless B&W PX5 which i got for comfort/convenience and want to know will bluetooth/wireless headphones work with the mojo/poly combo??? as this may factor in my decision other candidates than the chord/poly are A&K SR25 / Kann alpha

finally any recommendations on good pairing over ear head phone (open back i think tend to prefer)

sorry for all the noob questions but the deal is seriously tempting and dont want to miss out

thanks all

Dec 31, 2020 at 11:36 AM Post #15,803 of 18,757
hi guys after bit of advice really tempted on picking up mojo/poly combo from my dealer who has awesome offer on

planning on using it with my IEM 800 for serious listening but i also own a set of wireless B&W PX5 which i got for comfort/convenience and want to know will bluetooth/wireless headphones work with the mojo/poly combo??? as this may factor in my decision other candidates than the chord/poly are A&K SR25 / Kann alpha

finally any recommendations on good pairing over ear head phone (open back i think tend to prefer)

sorry for all the noob questions but the deal is seriously tempting and dont want to miss out

thanks all

Poly doesn't connect to BT headphones. It's only BT input from a source.

I've used Focal Clears, Elegia, and Meze Empyrean. It can run higher impedance headphones, but I haven't done that.
You haven't specified a budget range for your headphones, I'd do so if you want more detailed responses.

Whatever headphone you use and like will benefit from the Mojo.

Dec 31, 2020 at 11:42 AM Post #15,805 of 18,757
Poly doesn't connect to BT headphones. It's only BT input from a source.

I've used Focal Clears, Elegia, and Meze Empyrean. It can run higher impedance headphones, but I haven't done that.
You haven't specified a budget range for your headphones, I'd do so if you want more detailed responses.

Whatever headphone you use and like will benefit from the Mojo.

thanks for info so no BT for headphones just for streaming then

budget wise for head phones would go as high as £500-900 mark think thanks again

mat

Dec 31, 2020 at 11:52 AM Post #15,806 of 18,757
thanks for info so no BT for headphones just for streaming then

budget wise for head phones would go as high as £500-900 mark think thanks again

mat
I think you can get Clears around your upper price range pretty regularly. That's my vote. Easy to drive and have great synergy with the Mojo.

If you search the Mojo thread, You'll find probably hundreds of recommendations.

Dec 31, 2020 at 1:37 PM Post #15,807 of 18,757
I think you can get Clears around your upper price range pretty regularly. That's my vote. Easy to drive and have great synergy with the Mojo.

If you search the Mojo thread, You'll find probably hundreds of recommendations.
just checking are they the FOCAL Clear headphones you are referring to ?? cheers

Dec 31, 2020 at 1:53 PM Post #15,808 of 18,757
just checking are they the FOCAL Clear headphones you are referring to ?? cheers

Yep.

The Focal Elex and Elears are popular as more "budget" options. I don't have experience with those.

Dec 31, 2020 at 6:06 PM Post #15,809 of 18,757
Update in trying to connect my new iPhone 12 pro max to my poly, iOS 14.3 to Poly in iPhone hotspot mode. On my old iPhone XS it worked seamlessly, but I can't get it to work with this new phone. I tried everything. I added the phone hotspot to the poly "network" in GoFigure but it still doesn't recognize my iPhone's hotspot. I did also try POLY hybrid mode and then tried using Glider and it was very dodgy. I am at my wit's end. Has anyone gotten this to work on their new phone? Thanks in advance.
Hi LeeMark—

In your Personal Hotspot Settings screen, do you have Maximize Compatibility turned on?

The iPhone 12 hotspot runs over 5GHz by default. Poly is 2.4GHz only. Turning on Maximize Compatibility forces 2.4GHz.

Cheers,
muski

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2021 at 11:22 AM Post #15,810 of 18,757
Happy New Year everyone.

After receiving no reply from Chord about the price of a new battery for my Poly, I decided to source a battery myself. As a trial I bought a cheap equivalent battery (2000 mah Vs 2100 mah Chord original battery)to test how easy and compatible it would be. So far, so good.
0DD233BD-8201-476A-9E33-E09358F19142.jpeg
74E9A433-4597-4529-8207-AC1EB9813DAE.jpeg
74E9A433-4597-4529-8207-AC1EB9813DAE.jpeg
7F544D32-13E3-4DC1-9B8A-B741EFA01969.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back