Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jun 30, 2020 at 9:25 AM Post #15,391 of 18,788
That's right. Are you charging them together through Poly (with Mojo connected)?
If so, that will take longer than charging each individually.
Always worth doing what the manual suggests, and leave the Mojo charging for 10 hours. This is apparently necessary for the type of battery Mojo is fitted with.
Then enjoy. The 2 combined are sensational, and have been used 10 hours a day in my office since lockdown started

Jun 30, 2020 at 10:53 AM Post #15,393 of 18,788
That's right. Are you charging them together through Poly (with Mojo connected)?
If so, that will take longer than charging each individually.
Always worth doing what the manual suggests, and leave the Mojo charging for 10 hours. This is apparently necessary for the type of battery Mojo is fitted with.
Then enjoy. The 2 combined are sensational, and have been used 10 hours a day in my office since lockdown started

Yeah I'm doing it by the book and giving them both a full charge before using, as tempting as it is to have a listen I'll wait until tomorrow. They use lithium polymer (Li-Po) batteries, there's as much conflicting advice about conditioning them as there is about what's the "best" DAC. I'll just do as the manual tells me.

Jun 30, 2020 at 11:00 AM Post #15,394 of 18,788
Thanks for the reply. Yeah I saw that mentioned in a help file or somewhere online, and discovered the cover assist feature too.

Strangely I have my albums in Artist-Album folders, with the cover art saved in the album folder as “cover.jpg” (I’ve used a number of Plenues and that’s how Cowon manages cover art too). And I’ve also set Rigelian to look for cover.jpg as the first priority in the cover art assistant, so not sure why it isn’t working.
I believe Rigelian needs MPD 0.21 or higher on the server side for this to work. Poly is on 0.20.

Jun 30, 2020 at 5:43 PM Post #15,395 of 18,788
Rigelian can pull art from the album folder. It requires that you files are in a folder structure and the cover art has to specifically be named "cover." If your music is not already organized this way, it can be a pain to get it in order. A music tagging program like Yate can make quick work of it. However, renaming the album art to "cover" instead of "folder" requires setting up script. I just wanted to let you know that it can be done, and if someone needs Rigelian for other reasons, you're not stuck with random art.

Rigelian also has a nice cover assistant feature that allows you to choose whether you want to use your own art or one of the fetched images.

I was intrigued by your post as I previously used Rigelian before moving on to other apps. I first used Rigelian in 2019 but felt most of my album art was not correct or not found. I tried it again today (and while better with several updates) still fails to pull from the embedded cover.jpg file.

Here is my process: I created the cover.jpg representing the album art and copied the entire folder to the mSD card in my Poly. I then opened Rigelian and while it found the art, it grabbed it from Discogs, and not from the cover.jpg file.

I may stick with it due to better Discogs retrievals (and I really like the UI and want it to work), but this is still a weakness if Rigelian can't read my cover.jpg files. Am I missing something where it may work for you?

Attachments

• unnamed.png
    unnamed.png
    412.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot.jpg
    Screenshot.jpg
    508.6 KB · Views: 0
Jul 1, 2020 at 11:15 AM Post #15,397 of 18,788
I've asked repeatedly about updating Poly's MPD server without response. MPD is constantly being updated with bug fixes and enhancements, (v0.21.24 was just released on June 10th). Poly's version (0.20.20) dates from May 2018....

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2020 at 4:47 PM Post #15,400 of 18,788
I've asked repeatedly about updating Poly's MPD server without response. MPD is constantly being updated with bug fixes and enhancements, (v0.21.24 was just released on June 10th). Poly's version (0.20.20) dates from May 2018....
I don't have any inside information on this topic, but it would make sense to me to update the Poly MPD server, when the next Poly firmware update is released.
There was a post stating that GoFigure was 'common' code for Poly and 2Go, and GoFigure tailors its UI according to whether it is connected to Poly or 2Go.

In one of last years Chord interviews, there was mention of the future Poly 'platform', which to me implied that as much firmware code as possible would be common for both Poly and 2Go. This would have the benefit of reducing the manhours/cost of maintaining/updating the future firmware, plus an associated minimization in the manhours/cost of updating Gofigure to keep aligned with both streamers.

I hope that I am not proved wrong about MPD. :wink:

Jul 4, 2020 at 7:08 PM Post #15,401 of 18,788
Hello Poly owners - After upgrading my DAC in primary system to a Qutest, I am considering upgrading my secondary/mobile rig from my iPhone / iPhone Camera Connection Cable / Audioquest Cobalt to a Mojo and trying to see how/if Poly would fit in the chain. At home, Poly would act as a Roon endpoint for mostly streaming Qobuz. That is easy but could go also with a Pi streamer for less and some of the better ones are good quality. A Pi streamer is not as useful for mobile.

My question is how Poly fits in the chain on the go. My understanding is that you don't run Qobuz natively on the Poly but streaming their output from your Phone using Bluetooth / Airplay or a DNLA app. Assuming, I don't want to use Bluetooth or Airplay what is the quality of DNLA streaming. Is it the same as Roon? Is this the best way to think about Poly? I apologize as I am sure this is discussed at length, but my searches so far have left me scratching my head. Thanks/

Jul 6, 2020 at 6:51 AM Post #15,402 of 18,788
I don't have any inside information on this topic, but it would make sense to me to update the Poly MPD server, when the next Poly firmware update is released.
There was a post stating that GoFigure was 'common' code for Poly and 2Go, and GoFigure tailors its UI according to whether it is connected to Poly or 2Go.

In one of last years Chord interviews, there was mention of the future Poly 'platform', which to me implied that as much firmware code as possible would be common for both Poly and 2Go. This would have the benefit of reducing the manhours/cost of maintaining/updating the future firmware, plus an associated minimization in the manhours/cost of updating Gofigure to keep aligned with both streamers.

I hope that I am not proved wrong about MPD. :wink:
Hi Mike. You are absolutely correct. We did internally update the MPD version in Poly last year but it resulted in introducing more bugs than it fixed so we decided to wait. It is still the plan to update Poly with a newer MPD version and combine the feedback we have received from 2Go into the streaming code for both products. Before anyone asks though I am not going to give out any timescales at the moment until we see how the Covid situation is easing.

Jul 6, 2020 at 9:15 AM Post #15,403 of 18,788
Hi Mike. You are absolutely correct. We did internally update the MPD version in Poly last year but it resulted in introducing more bugs than it fixed so we decided to wait. It is still the plan to update Poly with a newer MPD version and combine the feedback we have received from 2Go into the streaming code for both products. Before anyone asks though I am not going to give out any timescales at the moment until we see how the Covid situation is easing.
I don't need a timeframe, but can you please let us know if there's anything going on with Spotify / cast support?
Has anything happened in the last 11 months, or is it still "close"?

Jul 7, 2020 at 7:47 AM Post #15,404 of 18,788
I don't need a timeframe, but can you please let us know if there's anything going on with Spotify / cast support?
Has anything happened in the last 11 months, or is it still "close"?
We are still tackling this with Google but Spotify is a separate case and we are making some progress now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back