Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Dec 19, 2020 at 3:28 PM Post #15,766 of 18,775
The Poly does check frequently for a change of state in Mojo, but that shouldn’t discharge the battery. I haven’t separated my units in over a year and I hav no such issues of Mojo draining.

I keep mine separated too if I'm not using the combo for several weeks. The poly battery will absolutely will drain connected to the mojo.

However, it shouldn't happen quickly if you use the combo regularly.

Dec 19, 2020 at 4:05 PM Post #15,767 of 18,775
Good afternoon guys. I have a mojo+chord poly for sale. Private message me if interested. Here are some pictures. 21B5A0F4-94DE-48B8-86A4-D4E5BBB4F62A.jpeg4541645D-7338-4FD1-8512-3287BC8B181D.jpegB67B833C-E73F-4C9F-A19C-EB03E38E8FDD.jpegC3B5B607-63B3-4398-9037-F0153C2F889D.jpegA18BCD87-B444-414B-A348-285FE3C81212.jpeg

Dec 19, 2020 at 8:57 PM Post #15,768 of 18,775
Three year Poly owner and I have only used it for SD card playback and AirPlay from Apple Music. Trialing Roon and Qobuz as of today. Using MConnect, I have enjoyed my day with Qobuz. What benefit is there to logging into Qobuz in GoFigure? Maybe I missed it, didn’t observe any additional features.

Dec 20, 2020 at 2:13 PM Post #15,769 of 18,775
Three year Poly owner and I have only used it for SD card playback and AirPlay from Apple Music. Trialing Roon and Qobuz as of today. Using MConnect, I have enjoyed my day with Qobuz. What benefit is there to logging into Qobuz in GoFigure? Maybe I missed it, didn’t observe any additional features.

It allows you to stream hi res directly from Qobuz through an app like MConnect. Otherwise you're limited to Airplay quality with Qobuz app since the app doesn't directly stream hi res to the 2go.

Dec 20, 2020 at 3:08 PM Post #15,770 of 18,775
The Poly does check frequently for a change of state in Mojo, but that shouldn’t discharge the battery. I haven’t separated my units in over a year and I hav no such issues of Mojo draining.
It will discharge and drain battery if left connected to Mojo, despite both units being "off" (Poly is never completely powered down, as has already been mentioned - sitting in a low power state waiting for a "wake up" voltage signal from Mojo). For me, it takes about a week of leaving it alone on the shelf for Poly to be discharged, so always need to plan ahead in terms of usage outdoors.

Dec 20, 2020 at 7:44 PM Post #15,773 of 18,775
It will discharge and drain battery if left connected to Mojo, despite both units being "off" (Poly is never completely powered down, as has already been mentioned - sitting in a low power state waiting for a "wake up" voltage signal from Mojo). For me, it takes about a week of leaving it alone on the shelf for Poly to be discharged, so always need to plan ahead in terms of usage outdoors.
Yes, of the Poly. I believe it will do this whether connected or not (because, without constant checking, how would Poly know one way or the other?). But whether connected or not, this “polling” by Poly has no effect on Mojo, when Mojo is off, I believe.

Dec 29, 2020 at 2:04 PM Post #15,774 of 18,775
Update in trying to connect my new iPhone 12 pro max to my poly, iOS 14.3 to Poly in iPhone hotspot mode. On my old iPhone XS it worked seamlessly, but I can't get it to work with this new phone. I tried everything. I added the phone hotspot to the poly "network" in GoFigure but it still doesn't recognize my iPhone's hotspot. I did also try POLY hybrid mode and then tried using Glider and it was very dodgy. I am at my wit's end. Has anyone gotten this to work on their new phone? Thanks in advance.

Dec 29, 2020 at 2:13 PM Post #15,775 of 18,775
Update in trying to connect my new iPhone 12 pro max to my poly, iOS 14.3 to Poly in iPhone hotspot mode. On my old iPhone XS it worked seamlessly, but I can't get it to work with this new phone. I tried everything. I added the phone hotspot to the poly "network" in GoFigure but it still doesn't recognize my iPhone's hotspot. I did also try POLY hybrid mode and then tried using Glider and it was very dodgy. I am at my wit's end. Has anyone gotten this to work on their new phone? Thanks in advance.
Nope. I gave up after spending an afternoon trying to make it work. The alternatives to it work fine.

Dec 29, 2020 at 2:21 PM Post #15,776 of 18,775
Nope. I gave up after spending an afternoon trying to make it work. The alternatives to it work fine.
Yeah, but I had it working for over year on my older phone.
What alternatives do you use, that can still allow you to use your phone?

Dec 29, 2020 at 2:25 PM Post #15,777 of 18,775
When I am in my house or anywhere I have good wifi service, I use mconnect on my iPhone as a controller to directly stream to the Poly. I have a pocket router to connect to third party wifi networks requiring a sign in page. This gives me the best sound quality.

When I don't have good wifi, I can either put the Poly into Hotspot mode or connect it to a wifi network and I Airplay to it. The quality isn't as good as using a DLNA application like mconnect. But, it allows me to use my native ios tidal app and I can play downloaded music.

When I use the Poly as hotspot, I provision it into hybrid mode so that I can use my phone LTE for accessing the internet. To do that, all you need to do is manually provision the IP address of the Poly and leave off the router function and you iPhone will use LTE to access the internet. Super easy to do.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2020 at 3:48 PM Post #15,778 of 18,775

Interesting that you have had this problem with the iPhone. Today I gave up on my new Android mobile. Exactly the same issue as you. I have had Poly since the launch. Four Android devices have all worked with it, and the Hotspot has been the method of connection whenever it's been out of the house.

I reset Poly twice today. I can get 3 other devices running Android 10 to connect fine. This new one will not though.
It is as though Poly won't issue an IP address, or the phone won't accept it. Infuriating, and I had to walk away before I threw either one of them out.

I'll email Chord. I wonder if something in Poly needs updating to match the latest IOS & Android builds?

Dec 30, 2020 at 12:30 AM Post #15,779 of 18,775
Weird, I recently updated to an iPhone 12 mini and have had no problems with using it and Poly.

Dec 30, 2020 at 1:27 PM Post #15,780 of 18,775
Weird, I recently updated to an iPhone 12 mini and have had no problems with using it and Poly.
I HATE YOU :wink:. Glad it works but I was hoping it was an iOS issue, but if you have the most up to date iOS, then it can't be that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back