Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 7, 2020 at 12:18 PM Post #15,166 of 18,835
Not sure what you are referring to. Is it just that some items aren't centred? This is what it looks like on an iPod Touch. Not perfect but quite useable.

IPod Touch after new update. Proper job!

IMG_0147.PNG

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2020 at 2:06 PM Post #15,167 of 18,835
Hi Poly user for a few years now but looking for suggestions for an alternative app on Android to Mconnect.

While the App developers works on my issue of Mconnect not detecting my Poly when on my mobile hotspot, I need to try an alternative.

I use mainly M.A.L.P but when I need to use Tidal/Qobuz I have to use an alternative app which up until now has been Mconnect. I have tried HIFi Cast but this too has the same issues and I have BubbleUPNP but I am not the biggest fan of the UI.

Thanks

PS I wonder if this is a problem with the apps or Poly software, since this has occurred since the latest Go Figure update

Hmmmm

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2020 at 12:10 PM Post #15,168 of 18,835
Hey there, i am looking for some recommendations. I don't really know which is better. Should I connect the poly to my WiFi or to the host spot of my phone? Or should I just simply activate the hotspot in the poly? Currently i only play music on the SD card in the Chord Poly, mostly I use the m.a.l.p app for that.

Apr 8, 2020 at 1:07 PM Post #15,170 of 18,835
Hey there, i am looking for some recommendations. I don't really know which is better. Should I connect the poly to my WiFi or to the host spot of my phone? Or should I just simply activate the hotspot in the poly? Currently i only play music on the SD card in the Chord Poly, mostly I use the m.a.l.p app for that.

Depending on your WiFi connection if it's anything like mine can be shaking.
I use which ever is available with no preference most times this is WiFi

Apr 9, 2020 at 5:28 PM Post #15,171 of 18,835
I'll wait to hear from the Chord support tomorrow arvo when they are active again. I sent something yesterday. Otherwise, yeah, start from scratch again. thanks.
Update........problem was the card. Bought a new sandisc ultra 256gb, formatted exfat, loaded it with a few albums and everythings fine. Poly indexes card immediately and both glider and 8player working well.
I was told this by the chord support people , which I didn’t realize,,,,”If you are using AIFF files, these will not be recognised. There is an update that we have just installed on 2go, that will next be installed on Poly that will allow AIFF files via DLNA.”
thanks everyone.

Apr 10, 2020 at 7:37 AM Post #15,172 of 18,835
Dear Poly users,

I have owned two Polys and ended up selling both units.
After buying and immensely enjoying 2Go for my Hugo 2, I am suddenly to give Poly another chance.

How are things on the Poly front? Are people still experiencing all sorts of playback stability issues? What about Roon/mobile hotspot/Poly wifi?
I would very much appreciate your input- cheers!

Apr 10, 2020 at 8:49 AM Post #15,173 of 18,835
Dear Poly users,

After buying and immensely enjoying 2Go for my Hugo 2, I am suddenly to give Poly another chance.

How are things on the Poly front? Are people still experiencing all sorts of playback stability issues? What about Roon/mobile hotspot/Poly wifi?

Minor bumps for me every now and then. Very solid outside of that. My use is typically hotspot on the go and Roon when at home using network mode.

Apr 10, 2020 at 11:22 AM Post #15,176 of 18,835
After a series of endless updates, it looks like he's in a state to start selling.
Vydaki to a little earlier ...

Come again?

Apr 11, 2020 at 12:56 AM Post #15,177 of 18,835
Dear Poly users,

Poly works fine for my 4 year old use cases:
1) Roon endpoint - 5 stars
2) On WiFi/phone hotspot without Roon (I.e. AirPlay) To play offline Tidal works well - 4 stars
3) on WiFi/phone hotspot using MPD to play SD card = 5 stars
4) Poly hotspot when no WiFi available to stream or play SD card - 4 stars

Overall, Poly is working well. Still could use a better hardware UI for controls, but that’s not going to happen with this version.

Apr 11, 2020 at 4:11 AM Post #15,179 of 18,835
Has any clever folks figured out a way to route the USB out of poly so it can be used with other dacs?
Its been tried without success so far

Apr 12, 2020 at 4:36 AM Post #15,180 of 18,835
Update........problem was the card. Bought a new sandisc ultra 256gb, formatted exfat, loaded it with a few albums and everythings fine. Poly indexes card immediately and both glider and 8player working well.
I was told this by the chord support people , which I didn’t realize,,,,”If you are using AIFF files, these will not be recognised. There is an update that we have just installed on 2go, that will next be installed on Poly that will allow AIFF files via DLNA.”
thanks everyone.
I’m not sure if this is addressed somewhere else but when I play 24/192, 24/96 etc files via glider from the on board sd card, the poly show the red 16/44 light. How come?? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back