Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 4, 2020 at 7:13 PM Post #15,151 of 19,006
Hi, It's a Scandic ultra64 gb. it's been previously used in a fiio dap( or A&K, can't recall). I reformatted it, as per chord suggestions to exfat,(it was previously fat32). There is nothing but music files on it.About 12 albums of so just to try the poly out.The files play fine via the laptop speakers. Initially I created a folder on the card to place the albums in. When that didn't seem to index on the poly, I removed them from a folder and left them individually on disc. thanks
Maybe worth ordering a sandisk card in the mean time, if a solution appears you can return it.
I’ve had flakeyness with cheaper cards working for one thing but then not in poly.
If you’ve followed chord instructions and reformatted the card, then added flac files to it, I suspect it’s an issue with the card.

Apr 4, 2020 at 7:41 PM Post #15,152 of 19,006
Maybe worth ordering a sandisk card in the mean time, if a solution appears you can return it.
I’ve had flakeyness with cheaper cards working for one thing but then not in poly.
If you’ve followed chord instructions and reformatted the card, then added flac files to it, I suspect it’s an issue with the card.
thanks,
it seems strange that this Scandic card with the newly loaded music will play , no problems , through my MacBook Pro. It certainly could be the card, but I'd feel more confident it was, if it didn't play fine on other devices.

Apr 4, 2020 at 7:56 PM Post #15,154 of 19,006
thanks,
it seems strange that this Scandic card with the newly loaded music will play , no problems , through my MacBook Pro. It certainly could be the card, but I'd feel more confident it was, if it didn't play fine on other devices.
Have you tried deleting the non-music files, that is the Poly's database files on the sd card? Poly should then rebuild them when you re-insert the card. If it cannot do that, that would suggest that there is not enough free space in the partition (as opposed to the card), or the card is corrupt, or the card is marked as read-only.

Apr 4, 2020 at 8:09 PM Post #15,155 of 19,006
Have you tried deleting the non-music files, that is the Poly's database files on the sd card? Poly should then rebuild them when you re-insert the card. If it cannot do that, that would suggest that there is not enough free space in the partition (as opposed to the card), or the card is corrupt, or the card is marked as read-only.
Hi,I can only see music files on card. Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 10.05.49 am.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 10.06.13 am.png
Not sure about those dates?
Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 10.05.49 am.png

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2020 at 8:19 PM Post #15,156 of 19,006
thanks,
I had similar head scratching issues... a while later the card just stopped working on all devices.

Apr 4, 2020 at 8:33 PM Post #15,158 of 19,006
It would seem Poly cannot write the database files to the card for whatever reason. On Windows I would run chkdsk /f to fix any file system errors. I don't know what the MAC equivalent is.
Thanks,
It would seem Poly cannot write the database files to the card for whatever reason. On Windows I would run chkdsk /f to fix any file system errors. I don't know what the MAC equivalent is.
Thanks, I'm no wiz at this but just ran a first aid check on disc with no issues.
Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 10.30.47 am.png

Apr 4, 2020 at 9:05 PM Post #15,160 of 19,006
From a troubleshooting perspective, it could either be a problem with the card or the microSD slot/poly software. Next thing would be to replace one or the other. If you don't have access to another card, maybe purchase a second?? I'm in the US, it's maybe $15 or less for a Samsung or SanDisk 64 Gb card.. I imagine the pricing would be similar in Australia.

Apr 4, 2020 at 9:51 PM Post #15,161 of 19,006
From a troubleshooting perspective, it could either be a problem with the card or the microSD slot/poly software. Next thing would be to replace one or the other. If you don't have access to another card, maybe purchase a second?? I'm in the US, it's maybe $15 or less for a Samsung or SanDisk 64 Gb card.. I imagine the pricing would be similar in Australia.
Thanks, yep, purchasing a card is no problem( usually). With restrictions on unnecessary travel etc is a little more of a hassle. Sure , I can also pay a delivery fee to get one delivered ,I guess. Still can’t help thinking it’s something other than card(s) as I’ve tried two different scandisc ultra cards with both exfat and fat32 formats, both of which work in other devices. The poly is new and seems to work fine in all other respects, certainly great at home with roon. There was a recent issue Chord mentioned to me involving iphones and the gofigure app that they were working to address. I assummed the recent gofigure update addressed that.
I am-assuming the poly takes more than 2 seconds to index 30 gb of music files. I really don’t know how to assess that. As mentioned the glider app sees no music content.

Apr 4, 2020 at 9:59 PM Post #15,162 of 19,006
can't help thinking it's something simple I'm not doing.
Clutching at straws now, have you tried a Factory Reset? I presume th
Thanks, yep, purchasing a card is no problem( usually). With restrictions on unnecessary travel etc is a little more of a hassle. Sure , I can also pay a delivery fee to get one delivered ,I guess. Still can’t help thinking it’s something other than card(s) as I’ve tried two different scandisc ultra cards with both exfat and fat32 formats, both of which work in other devices. The poly is new and seems to work fine in all other respects, certainly great at home with roon. There was a recent issue Chord mentioned to me involving iphones and the gofigure app that they were working to address. I assummed the recent gofigure update addressed that.
I am-assuming the poly takes more than 2 seconds to index 30 gb of music files. I really don’t know how to assess that. As mentioned the glider app sees no music content.
My Poly takes about 3 minutes to index 160GB. Clutching at straws - have you tried a Factory Reset? I presume this will cold restart the Poly software. It will of course wipe your network settings as well.

Apr 4, 2020 at 11:25 PM Post #15,163 of 19,006
Clutching at straws now, have you tried a Factory Reset? I presume th
My Poly takes about 3 minutes to index 160GB. Clutching at straws - have you tried a Factory Reset? I presume this will cold restart the Poly software. It will of course wipe your network settings as well.
I'll wait to hear from the Chord support tomorrow arvo when they are active again. I sent something yesterday. Otherwise, yeah, start from scratch again. thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back