Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jul 24, 2019 at 9:38 PM Post #13,906 of 18,821
I can confirm that using different WiFi network have same issue, using my office and home and even my iPhone hotspot, as long as I’m playing via WiFi airplay it will have that kind of static noise, very annoying, but Bluetooth mode is fine... wondering why some users not experiencing these kind of issues though, the noise is quite obvious on a quiet music or vocal only...

One factor could be you are using very sensitive IEMs. I have no issues with hearing any noise when using Poly at all but I also don't have anything as sensitive as the SE846 or Andromeda s. Just thinking of what would be a variable causing different experiences. I do know that any device that relies on a smartphone, not just Mojo or Poly, does pick up interference (audible or not). It's funny, when I have my smartphone 3 feet from my active subwoofer I get beeps and bops every few minutes. Wireless signals are convenient but they do pollute the airwaves, so to speak.

Jul 24, 2019 at 9:56 PM Post #13,908 of 18,821
Not the iems definitely, tried 5 different iems and 3 other of my headphones over and on ear, I can confirm it’s the same static noise, I can hear it after hooking it up to my jbl boombox, the hissing static noise is really annoying :frowning2: glad the local supplier gave a response and I have requested a refund or a replacement

Jul 24, 2019 at 10:49 PM Post #13,909 of 18,821
Not the iems definitely, tried 5 different iems and 3 other of my headphones over and on ear, I can confirm it’s the same static noise, I can hear it after hooking it up to my jbl boombox, the hissing static noise is really annoying :frowning2: glad the local supplier gave a response and I have requested a refund or a replacement

Your issue might be different then. When I use my HD6XX with the poly, I no longer hear the interference, it really only manifests for me on my more sensitive IEMs, but when I hear it, its very noticeable. Though unlike you, it happens anytime there is wifi activity, regardless of whether anything is actually playing or not.

Jul 24, 2019 at 11:11 PM Post #13,910 of 18,821
Your issue might be different then. When I use my HD6XX with the poly, I no longer hear the interference, it really only manifests for me on my more sensitive IEMs, but when I hear it, its very noticeable. Though unlike you, it happens anytime there is wifi activity, regardless of whether anything is actually playing or not.

Yep, I’ve used my senn cans, hd8 dj and senn hd25ii same results... even tried the Apple wired EarPods much noticeable noise...

Jul 24, 2019 at 11:23 PM Post #13,913 of 18,821
WELL WELL WELL

just ran comparisons of the

A&K Kann Cube

Mojopoly

Sony PHA3

Source Tidal HiRez

Phones Z1R - Balanced kimber to PHA3, 4.4MM Pentacon sony stock to 2.5 Balanced Cube, 3.5mm Kimber to Mojopoly

Cube DESTROYS Mojopoly... Holy Smokes!!!!

Soundstage is another level... made my Z1R sound like LCD 4Z

Also smokes balanced PHA3 & Sony TAZH1ES

This thing is great! Was planning to return via Amazon... goddammit! This hobby is painful.

I hate to say it but I will now be selling my mojopoly... chord get your act together.

You can do everything and more with the CUBE.... Superpoly.

Would like to compare to Hugo2 with the streamer but I think its too late for Chord... industry pulling ahead of them.

Damn my Z1R's sound like a new headset.
IMG_1750.jpegIMG_1751.jpeg IMG_1752.jpeg IMG_1753.jpeg IMG_1754.jpeg IMG_1755.jpeg IMG_1756.jpeg IMG_1757.jpeg

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2019 at 11:57 PM Post #13,914 of 18,821
TO BE CLEAR... i just received a message from another headfier my response:

did you read my review??
it destroys the mojo.

on another level... i am shocked.... soundstage etc significantly better....

AND when you consider the price of mojo+poly vs Cube almost the same.

you can stream tidal and also offline songs direct to the Cube.

seriously i didn't think it would be this good just bought on amazon to test... was planning to return... will now be selling my mojo poly and pha3

If only this had a 4.4mm pentaconn it would be perfect... well and slimmer... :ksc75smile:

Jul 25, 2019 at 12:02 AM Post #13,915 of 18,821
^
The glowing colour balls of the Mojo still looks better than that hunk-of-something-that-fell-off-a-Hummer Kann.

Just saying.

Jul 25, 2019 at 12:37 AM Post #13,918 of 18,821
yes... i am going to miss the glowing balls

actually felt somewhat sad.... did not want the Cube to sound this much better.... it blew me away... sound over balls guys.
Funny I tried the Cube and it went back almost as fast as it came in. Those who have read my posts know my criticisms of the MojoPoly but I can finally say after 2 years it’s a well oiled machine that sounds amazing and the Cube is electronic/digital by comparison. I’m using LCDi4, have tried it on both as well as HD800s and the Cube doesn’t cut it for me.

Enjoy it. For me the Cube was a big let down.

Jul 25, 2019 at 12:57 AM Post #13,919 of 18,821
Funny I tried the Cube and it went back almost as fast as it came in. Those who have read my posts know my criticisms of the MojoPoly but I can finally say after 2 years it’s a well oiled machine that sounds amazing and the Cube is electronic/digital by comparison. I’m using LCDi4, have tried it on both as well as HD800s and the Cube doesn’t cut it for me.

Enjoy it. For me the Cube was a big let down.

Wow....

find this very hard to believe.

my hearing not the greatest but the difference with the SOny Z1R balanced vs mojopoly 3.5mm is extreme.

significantly greater soundstage...

can hear things i cannot on the mojo.

one song i use as a test pentatonix version of Hallelujah... there is breathing into mic you cannot even hear on mojo... first noticed it on PHA3... immediate test was to see if I could her like PHA3... it was there... but much better soundstage than PHA3 balanced.

I dont know man... calling BS

going to do blind tests with 2 others will report back.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2019 at 2:09 AM Post #13,920 of 18,821
Roommate that works at Apple just tested. Immediately heard the difference. Cube destroys Mojopoly by a significant margin. Sorry guys.

ill be back in chord camp if they can release an integrated mojopoly2 that is better.

cmon chord you are slipping guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back