Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jul 3, 2019 at 3:33 PM Post #13,741 of 18,757
Did you try plugging the charger into Poly on its own, waiting 10s, then unplug and then replug the charger? This will reset the charging circuit. It may still take 15 minutes for anything to happen if the battery is really low
It’s the plug, unplug, plug charger sequence that’s important to try.

Tried the plug/unplug 3 times with no luck...
It shouldn't run out flat so fast, it's still showing yellow when plugged into the Mojo and i had it fully charged before trying to set it up....

Should i just plug it with the Mojo and just leave it running till battery drains out and then charge it again and switch it on and see if that resets anything?

Jul 3, 2019 at 4:47 PM Post #13,742 of 18,757
Tried the plug/unplug 3 times with no luck...
It shouldn't run out flat so fast, it's still showing yellow when plugged into the Mojo and i had it fully charged before trying to set it up....

Should i just plug it with the Mojo and just leave it running till battery drains out and then charge it again and switch it on and see if that resets anything?

What firmware version did you have? If it’s older, it could be the temporary brick problem that requires Poly to discharge (~24 hours) then be fully recharged. .

Jul 3, 2019 at 7:43 PM Post #13,743 of 18,757
Been using MojoPoly for six months now. Maybe time for a quick status?

What I like
  1. Sound quality is amazing, given the right conditions (see the wifi noise on sensitive IEMs below).
  2. Streaming via AirPlay works flawlessly but it's limited to 16bit/48k (and I can only stream my personal lossless collection from my computer, not from my phone on the go).
  3. Playback from SD card works excellently inside Poly (but controlling it via external apps is rather painful, see below.)
What I don't like
  1. Wifi interference noise if using sensitive IEMs (Shure SE846 in my case), heard between tracks and during quiet tracks. (To avoid this noise I ended up using Gofigure/QuickPlay in airplane mode.)
  2. Third party apps for controlling playback are disappointing. The only good player is Glider on iOS but it has serious syncing issues since the new firmware. Other apps (e.g., mconnect, MPDPlayer, etc.) work alright but their user experience is unsatisfactory (e.g., they force me to select the renderer every time, they forget the playlist, etc.). Experimented for a long time but have given up.
  3. Gofigure/QuickPlay works alright but the overall user experience is extremely poor. It feels like an internal test app made by a programmer (with a quick paint on top). Really awkward in these times where everything else is competing for users with amazing user experience.

Wish List
  1. Chord rewamps or at least gradually improves the user experience of Gofigure. Simple examples: integrate with iOS audio control center (which would also enable control from Apple Watch, and automatic pause on phone calls), load my one and only Poly on startup automatically if present, display album name of currently playing track, improve usability, etc.
  2. Chord licenses Glider source code from @joe28 who seems to have abandoned it (rumor says he was hired by Apple), and fixes the bugs. Integrates the functionality of Gofigure into it. Users are happy and buy a lot of current and future Chord streamers. (Won't hold my breath.)
  3. I understand from @Matt Bartlett that there are no plans to improve the situation on the MojoPoly wifi noise front. However, here's hoping at least the Hugo2/2Go will be free from this annoying issue. Would upgrade immediately.

Partly because of these frustrations I decided to upgrade to a desktop DAC at home, and use MojoPoly only during commute and in the office, only controlling it via QuickPlay to avoid wifi interference and the poor user experience of 3rd party apps.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The interference is bad and it was extra disappointing since it was "supposed" to solve the rf interference issues of the mojo. I guess technically it did, it just introduced its own interference.

I tried a iematch and desperation to see if it might help and it pretty much eliminated all the interference on my iems. I would recommend giving it a try if you dont mind having to carry around an extra dongle with your kit.

And I feel like we have likely had this discussion before...

Jul 3, 2019 at 9:18 PM Post #13,746 of 18,757
Hi There,

Please see below on my hopeful use case in a fairly high end car audio system and share your thoughts and good advice:

Android 7.0 car headunit as control to Poly/Mojo to output music files in Mojo via analog to Helix DSP Pro MK2 car audio processor ... car wifi and Lan network available

Reasons for wanting this setup:
- Avoid current HDD connected to Android headunit with "dirty" power management
- Avoid 10 cents usb input cables and adaptor from HDD to Android headunit
- Avoid 5m usb cable and 10 cents usb output cable of Android headunit to Helix car audio processor in rear boot

Wish list:
- Android app via bluetooth without line of sight to control playback of dsd and other music files in Mojo into analog input of Helix
- Poly and Mojo to power and down with required DC power without need with physical buttons of neither

Understand there may be many limitation and unknown issues which makes it not viable but please help with indications if it is even plausible. I see other car audio set-ups with added dap as source to output to the Helix car processor but I wish for integrated solution with existing Android car headunit for integrated as well as safer option without such added gadget to control.

Not sure if it make sense for available coaxial digital output from Mojo instead into Helix with 192khz input capability to avoid added analog to digital conversion by Helix for processing before digital to analog conversion for line output to the multiple channels car amplifiers.

Thanks in advance and best regards

Richard@Singapore

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2019 at 4:54 AM Post #13,748 of 18,757
I am SHOCKED that this has not been discussed here and solves ALL the Poly travel issues.

POLY can be used on any network very easily... either with mconnect or ROON.... even with web signin

BUT you need a galaxy device.

In the mobile hotspot menus... samsung devices allow you to do "wifi sharing" essentially if the android device is connected to any network.... like whole foods or a hotel... after you go through the web sign in on a galaxy the phone then allows you to create your own network... with any name and PWD.

from here you just log into this network with your laptop. fire up roon.

BOOM... you are listening to Roon at Whole Foods drinking some kombucha checking out the chicks.

connect direct to the galaxy with poly and fire up your fav dlna player and stream tidal or qobuz hirez... no more issues.

i keep a galaxy s10e in my bag just for this and use my iphone hotspot when walking around to listen to hirez via mconnect over LTE.

a shame apple does not have this wifi share feature.... its killer and an absolute MUST for poly and ARE NOT using mobile data... wifi sharing hijacks the network and allows you to create and name your own personal net... then connect all devices to this.

SWEEEET!

I am in a hotel lobby connected to their internet in Waikiki writing this now listening to Roon via Poly all connected to my S10E which is connected to the hotel network.

Hi @mightyKyn Thanks for confirming this. It's great to know that WiFi bridging is available on some Android devices now. As I mentioned in a previous post I have been using this method via my Windows laptop/tablet for a while now but via a phone is even better. Let's hope Apple do something similar!

im using this device with poly when i travel. its a wireless router, can bridge existing wifi hotspots in hotels, airports, malls, etc., and you can use it as a router to a whole lot of your other devices requiring internet. or you can use it to connect poly with your phone (your phone as poly's control) even when there is no internet. plus, you can insert an SD Card (can support 512gb) or your external hard drive and bring along with you your music library. its much cheaper, too.

ravpower.PNG

Jul 4, 2019 at 11:00 AM Post #13,749 of 18,757
Can someone please tell me the knack to opening the Chord MojoPoly polycarbonate case? I managed to break off the plastic tab (as per the chap up-thread) in the first day! :frowning2: Fortunately my dealer replaced the case without question(...ing my stupidity).

I've since bought the Etsy case with its magnetic closure, but would like to use the Chord case on occasion. How best to open it, unclipping both corners and the middle at the same time, without breaking the tab?

Oh, and why oh why, given the magnetic closure on the Mojo case worksso well, did Chord not use the same design on the bigger case? Odd.

Jul 4, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #13,751 of 18,757
The interference is bad and it was extra disappointing since it was "supposed" to solve the rf interference issues of the mojo. I guess technically it did, it just introduced its own interference.

I tried a iematch and desperation to see if it might help and it pretty much eliminated all the interference on my iems. I would recommend giving it a try if you dont mind having to carry around an extra dongle with your kit.

And I feel like we have likely had this discussion before...

Yes, thank you very much. I was reluctant to try the iEMatch because of sound quality concerns. But thanks to you I went to the music shop today to test it.

It eliminated all noise indeed! I could only notice some noise if I moved the phone extremely close, which is not normal. It also made the IEMs much-much less sensitive, I had to increase the volume a lot. Normally it's pink to red but with iEMatch it was already in the green-blue area.

In the end I didn't buy it. At least not today. I am very much concerned about the sound quality. I am very fond of the PolyMojo sound, and turning off wifi already eliminated all problems. Currently I am very satisfied with the sound quality. I don't want to risk this. But maybe one day I buy iEMatch and do a thorough test.

:ksc75smile:

Jul 4, 2019 at 1:42 PM Post #13,753 of 18,757
I am SHOCKED that this has not been discussed here and solves ALL the Poly travel issues.

POLY can be used on any network very easily... either with mconnect or ROON.... even with web signin

BUT you need a galaxy device.

In the mobile hotspot menus... samsung devices allow you to do "wifi sharing" essentially if the android device is connected to any network.... like whole foods or a hotel... after you go through the web sign in on a galaxy the phone then allows you to create your own network... with any name and PWD.

from here you just log into this network with your laptop. fire up roon.

BOOM... you are listening to Roon at Whole Foods drinking some kombucha checking out the chicks.

connect direct to the galaxy with poly and fire up your fav dlna player and stream tidal or qobuz hirez... no more issues.

i keep a galaxy s10e in my bag just for this and use my iphone hotspot when walking around to listen to hirez via mconnect over LTE.

a shame apple does not have this wifi share feature.... its killer and an absolute MUST for poly and ARE NOT using mobile data... wifi sharing hijacks the network and allows you to create and name your own personal net... then connect all devices to this.

SWEEEET!

I am in a hotel lobby connected to their internet in Waikiki writing this now listening to Roon via Poly all connected to my S10E which is connected to the hotel network.

I'm also enjoying my MojoPoly in Waikiki right now! You've just described the same setup I use, I'm also wifi sharing and hotspotting with my S9+. Enjoy!

Jul 4, 2019 at 7:08 PM Post #13,754 of 18,757
im using this device with poly when i travel. its a wireless router, can bridge existing wifi hotspots in hotels, airports, malls, etc., and you can use it as a router to a whole lot of your other devices requiring internet. or you can use it to connect poly with your phone (your phone as poly's control) even when there is no internet. plus, you can insert an SD Card (can support 512gb) or your external hard drive and bring along with you your music library. its much cheaper, too.

Going to grab one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back