Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Mar 22, 2019 at 12:43 PM Post #12,316 of 18,775
It’s friday, where’s the new goods ?

Is it being kept back for a re-launch in the summer when 2go is released ?

I direct those questions to Mr Bartlett, so whats the scoop @Matt Bartlett ?

:)
You must also have inside info about the top secret launch.
I am authorised to reveal that it is Friday, it's 5 o clock, it is time for.......

Mar 22, 2019 at 1:27 PM Post #12,317 of 18,775
You must also have inside info about the top secret launch.
I am authorised to reveal that it is Friday, it's 5 o clock, it is time for.......
Fever ? Friday night Fever ?

Mar 22, 2019 at 1:41 PM Post #12,319 of 18,775
Fever ? Friday night Fever ?

It’s friday, I’ve got a bugging fever thats hanging about in the background and I’m pissing blood, dafuq, I love fridays :frowning2:

So whose buying the friday after work beers ?

Oh, I better mention Poly so it’s not an OT post.

I said Poly, it’s on topic.

:)

Mar 22, 2019 at 3:12 PM Post #12,320 of 18,775
It's Friday, Friday
Gotta get down on Friday
Everybody's lookin' forward to the weekend, weekend
Friday, Friday
Gettin' down on Friday
Everybody's lookin' forward to the weekend

Partyin', partyin' (Yeah)
Partyin', partyin' (Yeah)
Fun, fun, fun, fun
Lookin' forward to the weekend

#StupidestSongEver

Mar 24, 2019 at 5:04 AM Post #12,323 of 18,775
I was really thinking about renewing and restarting my HIFI journey, and my first step is to create a ROON server.
Of course next move, I was about to decide to buy a I7 NUC to setup a roon endpoint, add a dac, and then..... As I got the Mojo and I love the sound from it, I think I'll give it a go and try how it will sound with the Poly, as a ROON endoint, connected to my hifi system.
Just need to decide on a 3.5" to RCA cable, buy the poly, and I'll try this. I like the idea of moving with my dac when i'm at work and plug it back in when I'm at home.

Mar 24, 2019 at 6:07 AM Post #12,325 of 18,775
I thought it prolonged my battery. So I’m going to guess poly sleeps until it fits into mojo.
The annoying thing about separating them is that you can no longer use the mojo poly case to store and protect them while separated.

I have the same experience.
If I separate Polly from Mojo, after 5 days Poly’s battery light is green.
If I leave Poly attached to Mojo, after 5 days Poly’s battery light is red or blinking red.

Mar 24, 2019 at 6:43 AM Post #12,327 of 18,775
We boys from the East say "Where did the comrades make a mistake" Loss of energy is another mistake and the FW obviously won't eliminate it. It was hurried, untested, it was a mistake.

If I had to guess I’d say it was a decision to make the process as simple as possible. Turn on the Mojo and the Poly turns on as well. If the Mojo was developed without a Poly-like device in mind then it probably doesn’t have any way of alerting an attached device to its power status without that device constantly polling. If I remember correctly I read that a previous update improved the time it took the Poly to start once the Mojo was on. Perhaps they achieved that by increasing the polling rate? Either way it needs to be looked into for options that can at least improve the current situation...

Mar 24, 2019 at 7:01 AM Post #12,328 of 18,775
I have the same experience.
If I separate Polly from Mojo, after 5 days Poly’s battery light is green.
If I leave Poly attached to Mojo, after 5 days Poly’s battery light is red or blinking red.
Mine would not last overnight if left connected. Sometimes I forget, get to work, switch it on, and battery is dead. So then it’s a game of catch-up, trying to get some battery into it. Sometimes I have to admit defeat and listen on my phone, which I don’t mind because I’m supposed to be working and not listening to music !

Mar 24, 2019 at 7:08 AM Post #12,329 of 18,775
my ‘primary’ use case, which is for mobile use between home and work, when you get home, even if you don’t use it, it runs out of battery.
It would be nice if poly wasn’t so needy. I say that as someone who enjoys it a lot.
In hindsight, this would have been solved with a little on / off switch. Maybe if they make a poly2 they could factor some of these thoughts in.
Is it right, that putting poly in airplane mode also prevents the battery drain.
Did I imagine reading something saying, mojo and poly can lend power to each other, if poly is empty but mojo is full, then mojo can power poly ? If so, I have never seen it happen.

Mar 24, 2019 at 7:20 AM Post #12,330 of 18,775
Mine would not last overnight if left connected. Sometimes I forget, get to work, switch it on, and battery is dead. So then it’s a game of catch-up, trying to get some battery into it. Sometimes I have to admit defeat and listen on my phone, which I don’t mind because I’m supposed to be working and not listening to music !

Yes, but don’t you find yourself more productive w music?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back