Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Feb 15, 2019 at 1:17 PM Post #12,046 of 18,757
Hi all. Recently bought a Poly and just gave bluetooth a try with my iphone 6. Streaming offline tidal content I experience micro sound cuts every few seconds. I also noticed that when streaming tidal via wifi at home I sporadically get hiccups like i.e. a song playing ‘accelerated’ for a few seconds (happens both with iphone and ipad...btw my internet is fast enough). Poly firmware and gofigure are up-to-date. Not sure what to try next.... Thanks.
I haven't use Poly with an iOS device but I believe Airplay is another option to playback via Poly when using an iPhone/iPad rather than Bluetooth

Feb 16, 2019 at 12:14 PM Post #12,047 of 18,757
Hi,

I have had a chord mojo for awhile and finally got a poly. I was finally able to get my home wifi recognized by Poly but not via gofigure. at this point should I even keep trying to get gofigure to work. I can play via sdcard and bubble fine. I will probably go tidal or qobuz. Does a new poly need a firmware upgrade to successfully get the gofigure to work? how do I trigger the firmware update?

cheers

Michael

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2019 at 12:32 PM Post #12,049 of 18,757
I found that my Poly was already at the latest Firmware from acquisition. So. Maybe it depends if it’s new stock ordered in from Chord or just old stock, if that makes sense. I assume they load the latest and greatest firmware from the manufacturing line.

Feb 16, 2019 at 1:12 PM Post #12,050 of 18,757
Hi,

I have had a chord mojo for awhile and finally got a poly. I was finally able to get my home wifi recognized by Poly but not via gofigure. at this point should I even keep trying to get gofigure to work. I can play via sdcard and bubble fine. I will probably go tidal or qobuz. Does a new poly need a firmware upgrade to successfully get the gofigure to work? how do I trigger the firmware update?

cheers

Michael
If you are using Android, GoFigure is ony guaranteed to work with Version 7.1 or higher.

Feb 16, 2019 at 3:08 PM Post #12,051 of 18,757
I am using a samsung s8 so pretty sure its not the android operating system causing the issue...in any event after recharging the poly and mojo again now suddenly gofigure works so must have updated firmware unbeknownst to me...

Feb 16, 2019 at 3:17 PM Post #12,052 of 18,757
I found that my Poly was already at the latest Firmware from acquisition. So. Maybe it depends if it’s new stock ordered in from Chord or just old stock, if that makes sense. I assume they load the latest and greatest firmware from the manufacturing line.
The firmware was last updated to v1.26 during August 2018. All the Polys shipped since then have v1.26 firmware.

Feb 16, 2019 at 8:15 PM Post #12,053 of 18,757
The firmware was last updated to v1.26 during August 2018. All the Polys shipped since then have v1.26 firmware.

Ya 1.26 fw and it’s getting boring, so break out the big new update Johnboy.

I Was using poly outside last week and it works perfect in the house, and it worked perfect outside until I needed to turn it off for 20 minutes. I turned it back on and it would not connect to my iphones hotspot no matter what I did, all I got was “network out of range”, they were in my bloody hands and 30cm away from each other.

Not exactly out of range. Poly works perfect indoors, but outdoors it becomes a pain in the arse when it drops connection, especially if there is 100 wifi networks in the area.

@Mojo ideas when is the polished gofigure app/fw update for ios coming out ?

My buddy said if I give poly to him, he will make a video of him blowing it up with a 50 calibre rifle round and some tannerite, he has ran out of organophosphate so it has to be tannerite. I said no to using the 50 cal as it’s too easy to kill something with that so;

I asked him to use his cool Tavor assault rifle instead, as it’s cool and uses 5.76mm rounds, the bullet is designed to disable rather than kill but, poly is already disabled as only half of her works, so maybe he should use the 50 cal round instead, what do you think ?

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2019 at 8:38 PM Post #12,054 of 18,757
I Was using poly outside last week and it works perfect in the house, and it worked perfect outside until I needed to turn it off for 20 minutes. I turned it back on and it would not connect to my iphones hotspot no matter what I did, all I got was “network out of range”, they were in my bloody hands and 30cm away from each other.

If you’re using an iPhone you need to have the Personal Hotspot page open for the hotspot to be visible to the Poly. It’s a security measure to prevent your hotspot from always broadcasting to everyone at all times. It’s a bit different when you use other Apple devices as they use bluetooth and your Apple ID to communicate.

Feb 16, 2019 at 8:45 PM Post #12,055 of 18,757
Ya 1.26 fw and it’s getting boring, so break out the big new update Johnboy.

Not exactly out of range. Poly works perfect indoors, but outdoors it becomes a pain in the arse when it drops connection, especially if there is 100 wifi networks in the area.

@Mojo ideas when is the polished gofigure app/fw update for ios coming out ?

My buddy said if I give poly to him, he will make a video of him blowing it up with a 50 calibre rifle round and some tannerite, he has ran out of organophosphate so it has to be tannerite. I said no to using the 50 cal as it’s too easy to kill sometjing with that so;

I asked him to use his cool Tavor assault rifle instead, as it’s cool and uses 5.76mm rounds, the bullet is designed to disable rather than kill but, poly is already disabled as only half of her works, so maybe he should use the 50 cal round instead, what do you think ?
Do exercise caution:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...t-an-million-wildfire/?utm_term=.2637d5d6543c

Better to spend your $8 Million on a DAVE DAC and a couple of Roon licences.

Feb 16, 2019 at 9:29 PM Post #12,056 of 18,757
If you’re using an iPhone you need to have the Personal Hotspot page open for the hotspot to be visible to the Poly. It’s a security measure to prevent your hotspot from always broadcasting to everyone at all times. It’s a bit different when you use other Apple devices as they use bluetooth and your Apple ID to communicate.

I know how to connect to her, I’ve done it hundreds of times. The other day when I was trying to connect to it, their must of been about 40 wifi networks, maybe it took a brain fart. The idea behind poly is a sound one, it’s just that the execution was poorly carried out and, I know Chord are not to blame for a good part of polys troubles. But on the otherhand they are, they should not of unveiled it and sold it too early.

At times it’s brilliant, and at other times I could just throw it into a drawer and not use her again. I know John and chord are just as pissed off with whats happening as we are, it’s just annoying as when I take poly out, I take a 22000mah battery and cables with me to juice my phone and Mojo n Poly up, if I knew it was having a bad day I would leave it at home and just use my phone instead.

For a in the house device, I can’t fault it, it works perfect inside, roon and everything else, no problems at all. For being a mobile device, I would have to say that yes, Mojo is a great mobile device, singular. Hopefully things will be sorted soon.

Feb 16, 2019 at 9:57 PM Post #12,057 of 18,757
Feb 16, 2019 at 10:49 PM Post #12,058 of 18,757
Matt is banging the next major up date software into shape! It’s been a hurculean effort. But he won’t release it until we are all satisfied it’s fine. It really is just around the corner so I hope you all can keep the Faith a while longer.

Thanks Frank. Looking forward to the continued development. 2go? (just have to ask!)

Feb 17, 2019 at 2:43 AM Post #12,060 of 18,757
Thanks Frank. Looking forward to the continued development. 2go? (just have to ask!)

FYI, his name is John (Franks).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back