Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jan 31, 2019 at 10:58 AM Post #11,911 of 18,828
Well, Chord... There it is again: Another Customer that don´t know how to setup Poly. And why? Because there are not enough proper tutorials available!

Maybe, but really just maybe ... you should have just attached a proper manual to your 650 € expensive device. Just a thought!

But no. You had to decide to just add such a small "mini-tutorial cover sheet" in which actually nothing is explained correctly and countless questions are left open...

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 31, 2019 at 11:45 AM Post #11,913 of 18,828
Well, Chord... There it is again: Another Customer that don´t know how to setup Poly. And why? Because there are not enough proper tutorials available!

Maybe, but really just maybe ... you should have just attached a proper manual to your 650 € expensive device. Just a thought!

But no. You had to decide to just add such a small "mini-tutorial cover sheet" in which actually nothing is explained correctly and countless questions are left open...
@HugoBerg you are back trolling us again.
Let's just analyse your pearls of wisdom.
The 'proper manual' which you desire, is only 100% accurate on the day that it is printed, so is most appropriate for products which will not evolve much, if at all, during the product lifetime.
In contrast for products such as the Poly, for which it has always been recognised, will have regular updates to firmware, apps etc causing regular revisions to the best way to operate/use, it is far more appropriate to ship with a minimal user guide, but have online forums, wikis, faqs, videos, etc which can be regularly updated to keep in line with the firmware/apps etc.
For the Poly, a large printed user manual, just represents chopping down trees for no benefit.

Jan 31, 2019 at 12:28 PM Post #11,914 of 18,828
@HugoBerg you are back trolling us again.
Let's just analyse your pearls of wisdom.
The 'proper manual' which you desire, is only 100% accurate on the day that it is printed, so is most appropriate for products which will not evolve much, if at all, during the product lifetime.
In contrast for products such as the Poly, for which it has always been recognised, will have regular updates to firmware, apps etc causing regular revisions to the best way to operate/use, it is far more appropriate to ship with a minimal user guide, but have online forums, wikis, faqs, videos, etc which can be regularly updated to keep in line with the firmware/apps etc.
For the Poly, a large printed user manual, just represents chopping down trees for no benefit.

For the record I did not say the manual was unclear. I'm a user that was potentially looking at it and from the information I gathered, I think it wasn't possible so I wanted to check. In the meanwhile someone informed me how to do it and it didn't meet my use cases so I went with a SP1000M instead. Doesn't mean this device is bad in any way though and I can't express any feelings about this as I never got to try it :)

Jan 31, 2019 at 1:42 PM Post #11,915 of 18,828
Are you trying 48khz via qobuz app ?

If so, hi res playback using chord asio driver is broken in qobuz app for windows, but it works in roon.

The only thing I can think of is your windows audio settings are set wrong, or your getting shafted by your isp. But I don’t think you would be getting shafted that bad.

Maybe you have malware and it’s eating up your bandwidth, your modem/routers lights, how fast are they flashing when you have your computer turned off and everything else that uses it, turned off also. If your router or modems are flashing like crazy without you downloading or streaming, then something is using it, could be anything from a virus, malware or a neighbour using your wifi as it’s not locked down with a password or is using wep instead of wpa2.

Go online to an antivirus provider and do their free scan, it wont get rid of any viruses or malware but it will let you know you are infected,
I have a Virus Guard installed on my PC, I do have a few devices linked to my network but not all active at the same time. I am also able to monitor devices connected to my network
My network switch's activity does not seem any higher judging by the LED's rate, than I would expect.

WPA2 security with my password along with 32 characters PW

Jan 31, 2019 at 6:07 PM Post #11,916 of 18,828
Added. Actually, I've been trolling around lately in that forum about Chord Poly... but Chord has been trolling around Chord Poly for over two years now... poor poly.

And now to the topic "evolve": I would have preferred it if the Chord Poly had just been published ready developed. As it is now, we have been waiting for two years for Chord to finish programming the poly. But unfortunately they are still not finished, for example I still can not stream music from spotify, deezer and youtube to Chord Poly via my smartphone. I am still not amused about that. Even Apple Airpods can do that better as it is now.

And again to the instructions. The Chord Poly is a versatile device. Chord's lousy two-page strong so-called manual is absolutely lumpy. You can say what you want. That's just the truth.

Jan 31, 2019 at 6:52 PM Post #11,917 of 18,828
Added. Actually, I've been trolling around lately in that forum about Chord Poly... but Chord has been trolling around Chord Poly for over two years now... poor poly.

And now to the topic "evolve": I would have preferred it if the Chord Poly had just been published ready developed. As it is now, we have been waiting for two years for Chord to finish programming the poly. But unfortunately they are still not finished, for example I still can not stream music from spotify, deezer and youtube to Chord Poly via my smartphone. I am still not amused about that. Even Apple Airpods can do that better as it is now.

And again to the instructions. The Chord Poly is a versatile device. Chord's lousy two-page strong so-called manual is absolutely lumpy. You can say what you want. That's just the truth.
Suppose it can be frustrating, but it’s maybe part of the charm? I mean, just how does it work, quite the enigma for the first while.

It’s a pity the streaming stuff, lots are waiting for hasn’t arrived. Big things are coming tho, so, hang on, I think chord got shafted by the software developer that wrote poly firmware.
So it’s just one of those things at this point.
I think if chord could wave a wand and the features would appear, they’d do it, as it can’t cost that much versus their sales etc.

Jan 31, 2019 at 8:11 PM Post #11,918 of 18,828
This is probably a stupid question but if I'm out and about with my phone and my iem and I have Spotify offline playlists downloaded.
What are the options to use the poly if I don't want to use mobile data to stream the music to the poly.

Is the only option to go Bluetooth or wired?
My phone has mobile data but I don't want to use it for anything else than browsing the internet because I don't have unlimited GB's of data.

What is the hotspot mode?

Is there a way for me to have it setup that I get the max audio quality out of it , while I'm able to use my phone to browse the web (mobile data is not disabled), but without having the poly consume mobile data to stream the offline playlist that is stored on my phone's memory (Samsung galaxy s9+)

I don’t know on Android, but on iOS there are two ways to do this using Tidal (don’t know Spotify, either...I guess we are in alternate parallel universes).

1) using Tidal in “offline” mode where it will not connect to the server but stream downloaded files, connect Poly to your phone with your phone’s hotspot mode enabled. This will not use data, as only local phone data is streamed to Poly.

2) with Poly in its own hotspot mode, connect your phone to the Poly Wi-Fi network. Your phone won’t have data because it’s not connected to an internet enabled network.

Mostly 8 use #1 for this. #2 is generally used when on an airplane and I have no cell connection anyway. HTH.

Jan 31, 2019 at 9:00 PM Post #11,919 of 18,828
This is probably a stupid question but if I'm out and about with my phone and my iem and I have Spotify offline playlists downloaded.
What are the options to use the poly if I don't want to use mobile data to stream the music to the poly.

Is the only option to go Bluetooth or wired?
My phone has mobile data but I don't want to use it for anything else than browsing the internet because I don't have unlimited GB's of data.

What is the hotspot mode?

Is there a way for me to have it setup that I get the max audio quality out of it , while I'm able to use my phone to browse the web (mobile data is not disabled), but without having the poly consume mobile data to stream the offline playlist that is stored on my phone's memory (Samsung galaxy s9+)
try the app HiFy from google playstore. open the app, log in your spotify details, and connect.

Feb 1, 2019 at 6:05 AM Post #11,920 of 18,828

You admit that you are trolling us ?

Ok, Chord fkd up, third parties were involved and chord had little to no control over them, contractual no doubt but, we don’t need to be constantly reminded about it.

Chord are near to releasing a big update that will resolve most, if not all of the problems thats been found.

You sold your’s, so why are you still moaning about it ?

Keep up the good troll.

upload_2019-2-1_10-42-50.gif

Feb 1, 2019 at 6:22 AM Post #11,921 of 18,828
Hello All,

Even if my Poly is connected to the Mobile hotspot, BubbleUPNP can't read Poly many times.
Sometimes its kind of luck. I can see from status bar that Poly is connected to hotspot. Sometimes i restart Poly, Restart Hotspot, but still no luck

Any solution for this issue ? I am facing this issue from past many months.

Feb 1, 2019 at 6:35 AM Post #11,923 of 18,828
Hello All,

Even if my Poly is connected to the Mobile hotspot, BubbleUPNP can't read Poly many times.
Sometimes its kind of luck. I can see from status bar that Poly is connected to hotspot. Sometimes i restart Poly, Restart Hotspot, but still no luck

if that happens while gofigure app is open, close gofigure and restart bubble upnp. .

Feb 1, 2019 at 6:37 AM Post #11,924 of 18,828
Hello All,

try deleting the hotspot’s SSID from GoFigure and re-add it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back