Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jan 14, 2019 at 4:29 AM Post #11,761 of 18,821
I don't need to know HOW this is supposed to work... I'm a neurologist, not an engineer... What most of companies sell nowadays is not the product itself. It's user experience.

Firstly, you really should learn how to use things, your 'user experience' will benefit no end... honest.

Secondly, I really wouldn't big-up your own occupation especially when one's personal experiences with different Neurologist has left me thinking that they're so full of their own self-importance & ineptness they put Jean-Claude Juncker to shame... give me a Engineer any day, at least they know what they're doing.

Lastly, thank God Chord manufacture & sell products huh, most users experience is very positive unlike my 'user experience' with Neurology Departments.

When one lives in a glasshouse it's easy to be critical of others, wouldn't you agree?

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2019 at 5:52 AM Post #11,762 of 18,821
If I wrote that I am a gardener, would it make a difference?
Anyway, I don't have problems learning. That's what I do for a living and I like this. But no amount of learning will make MojoPoly work as I would like it to. And neither my degree, nor occupation can change it.
Funny thing is, that I used similar logic as yours in my discussions with apple enthusiasts. Now I can see clearly why they werw mad :D
I repeat: Sound is great. User experience -for me - is an nightmare, and judging by other posts in the thread I am not alone.

Jan 14, 2019 at 6:09 AM Post #11,763 of 18,821
Well hopefully I can help with some of this:-

DSD playback via DLNA is coming in the next update.
Here it is playing on MConnect:-

Gapless playback is enabled in Poly already but again I am working on a compatibility fix with some player software that means this is now working on MConnect providing the option gapless to renderer is ticked.

Correct bitrate in Tidal is presumably to do with MQA playback. In order for MQA to play at the higher sample rate then MConnect will need to include an MQA software decoder. This will then transmit the correct sample rate to Poly and then into Mojo. The alternative is Qobuz which doesn't need the special MQA decoding and will play at rates up to 192KHz through Poly.

I hope this helps to clarify.
DSD playback from SD card via UPnP will make Poly 100% functional for my use cases. I've never liked MPDeluxe, M.A.L.P. or even Glider. Happy bunny!

Jan 14, 2019 at 6:50 AM Post #11,764 of 18,821
Well hopefully I can help with some of this:-

DSD playback via DLNA is coming in the next update.
Here it is playing on MConnect:-

Gapless playback is enabled in Poly already but again I am working on a compatibility fix with some player software that means this is now working on MConnect providing the option gapless to renderer is ticked.

Correct bitrate in Tidal is presumably to do with MQA playback. In order for MQA to play at the higher sample rate then MConnect will need to include an MQA software decoder. This will then transmit the correct sample rate to Poly and then into Mojo. The alternative is Qobuz which doesn't need the special MQA decoding and will play at rates up to 192KHz through Poly.

I hope this helps to clarify.
Hi @Matt Bartlett - you mentioned that Poly plays gaplessly but a compatibility fix for some players is being worked on - which uPnP/DLNA apps currently play gaplessly? I've tried a bunch but never found one.

Jan 14, 2019 at 8:42 AM Post #11,765 of 18,821
thanks for the reply, for the record I don't own a Poly but I do know the guys at Chord and the hard effort that goes into producing a great sounding product... as you'll probably realise that most of the Hi-Fi Industry is geared towards Apple products (>commercial break< I prefer Hugo/Sony/Heir/Noble portable wise, preferring peaches to rotten apples). You could probably assume satisfying Apple customers is the route most manufacturers will take before tackling the myriad Apps. that are available on the web... it's not often I visit these boards that said, every time I do there seems to be some 'new' app. that needs issues resolving, sometimes I'm amazed how Matt and Head-Fi'ers resolve the issues surrounding Poly.... anyhow I'm not a technically gifted Rocket-Scientist so I'll leave the advice to the people who deal with such problems, and if you have any I suggest that in the first instance you contact them at: info@chordelectronics.co.uk.

now in answer to your post...

If I wrote that I am a gardener, would it make a difference?... depends on what the wi-fi reception was like where you're carrying out your horticultural duties, if you were in a wooded area I daresay you would encounter issues, if you were in a field I reckon you'd be 'fine & dandy' but don't quote me in case there are other factors entering the equation which could affect any outcome.

Anyway, I don't have problems learning. That's what I do for a living and I like this. But no amount of learning will make MojoPoly work as I would like it to. And neither my degree, nor occupation can change it... nothing wrong with life-long learning in fact, I endorse your commitment.... out of interest, what is your take on DBS-Ultrasound?

Funny thing is, that I used similar logic as yours in my discussions with apple enthusiasts. Now I can see clearly why they were mad :D… I'm too mad to use logic, similar or otherwise, probably why I suffer the purgatory of supporting West Ham.

I repeat: Sound is great... at the end of the day that is what Chord products are made for, your ears... welcome to your listening nirvana!

User experience -for me - is an nightmare, and judging by other posts in the thread I am not alone... I have nightmares every time I have to go to King's (I don't have to be asleep, it's a real living experience), I'm still waiting for some form of user-experience but sometimes in life you don't get the outcome you desire, but we still persevere.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2019 at 9:04 AM Post #11,766 of 18,821
There has been all this recent discussion about mconnect. I've been using Glider and 8Player on my Poly since the beginning. Glider has been making solid improvements, but in my experience, it is still somewhat clunky with periodic drops, required restarts, and long syncs. Any opinions of the functionality and audio quality of mconnect when compared to Glider?

Jan 14, 2019 at 9:43 AM Post #11,767 of 18,821
There has been all this recent discussion about mconnect. I've been using Glider and 8Player on my Poly since the beginning. Glider has been making solid improvements, but in my experience, it is still somewhat clunky with periodic drops, required restarts, and long syncs. Any opinions of the functionality and audio quality of mconnect when compared to Glider?
Get mConnect Lite and try it for free. Best app I've found on iOS unless you want to play DSD from SD card.

Jan 14, 2019 at 10:26 AM Post #11,768 of 18,821
Mconnect was mentioned as a cross platform app with Tidal integration... I too very much prefer to use Glider and I’m looking forward to see it with Tidal and Qobuz integration so it’ll be my go to app for all scenarios. Add CarPlay to it and I can use it in the car too. Glider already supports DSD playback via mpd. If the next poly FW allows for DSD via upnp and DLNA then Glider will be able to use it for both protocols... I’m hoping that Glider too will be ported to Android so more mobile users can enjoy Glider.

Jan 14, 2019 at 10:34 AM Post #11,769 of 18,821
thanks for the reply, for the record I don't own a Poly [...]

That explains everything. Go and get one for yourself and try to use it. I wonder how ornate your curses will be, consider the language you just used.
Looking forward to hearing from you then.

Jan 14, 2019 at 11:35 AM Post #11,770 of 18,821
Try mpdelux

Jan 14, 2019 at 2:52 PM Post #11,773 of 18,821
If I wrote that I am a gardener, would it make a difference?
Anyway, I don't have problems learning. That's what I do for a living and I like this. But no amount of learning will make MojoPoly work as I would like it to. And neither my degree, nor occupation can change it.
Funny thing is, that I used similar logic as yours in my discussions with apple enthusiasts. Now I can see clearly why they werw mad :D
I repeat: Sound is great. User experience -for me - is an nightmare, and judging by other posts in the thread I am not alone.
Well, you know what you like, so if you were a gardener, there is only one person who you can be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back