Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Oct 25, 2018 at 7:04 AM Post #11,132 of 18,770
I've bookmarked a place for Mojo battery replacement if Chord don't play ball when the time comes:
https://www.hifipro.ca/product/chor...battery-replacement-accessories-international
but haven't found a place for Poly replacement batteries yet.

Cool, it’s good to know where to get a replacement battery. The thing that would bug me is, why the need to ship it back to the dealer or chord for a battery change ? 98% of people ( think those without adhd ) would be able to unscrew, replace the battery and screw back together without any problems. Aslong as they are willing to void the “1 year warranty”, it should be ok.

I’m just happy that my retailer offered a 2 year warranty, as 1 year is abysmal. I can’t recall the last item that I bought that only had a 12 month warranty.

Aslong as people are aware that replacing the battery will void the warranty, chord should be ok with them and be willing to sell a battery and an allen key/hex tool.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2018 at 8:44 AM Post #11,133 of 18,770
Cool, it’s good to know where to get a replacement battery. The thing that would bug me is, why the need to ship it back to the dealer or chord for a battery change ? 98% of people ( think those without adhd ) would be able to unscrew, replace the battery and screw back together without any problems. Aslong as they are willing to void the “1 year warranty”, it should be ok.

I’m just happy that my retailer offered a 2 year warranty, as 1 year is abysmal. I can’t recall the last item that I bought that only had a 12 month warranty.

Aslong as people are aware that replacing the battery will void the warranty, chord should be ok with them and be willing to sell a battery and an allen key/hex tool.
+1 to all that with the addition that Chord should be willing to sell spare batteries at or near cost.

Oct 25, 2018 at 12:02 PM Post #11,134 of 18,770

It has been posted before that the problem is not whether people "would be able to unscrew, replace the battery and screw back together without any problems".
The problem is that some couriers are unwilling to ship lithium batteries to individual homes.
Given that scenario, it is easier to package the batteries securely, and then ship the batteries through the distribution network, and on to dealers.

Oct 25, 2018 at 6:53 PM Post #11,137 of 18,770
It has been posted before that the problem is not whether people "would be able to unscrew, replace the battery and screw back together without any problems".
The problem is that some couriers are unwilling to ship lithium batteries to individual homes.
Given that scenario, it is easier to package the batteries securely, and then ship the batteries through the distribution network, and on to dealers.

Thats a cop out if I have ever seen one, mojo was delivered, my iphone was delivered, poly was delivered. Yes I know, they were probably listed as something other than a battery on the label. All that has to be said is, “replacement part for a dac”. No battery mentioned and your not lieing to get the battery delivered.

Some couriers may not take a battery, but there are many other delivery companies in the side wings waiting to take the scraps from the kings table.

Oct 25, 2018 at 7:01 PM Post #11,138 of 18,770
+1 to all that with the addition that Chord should be willing to sell spare batteries at or near cost.

Ya man.

I would be happy paying upto 30 for a new battery + tool and shipping. I doubt the battery in mojo costs 30, if it does, fine, I would just be happy paying to get an actual battery without having to ship my mojo away.

+ 1 to your post also Gr8h8m :)

Oct 25, 2018 at 7:08 PM Post #11,139 of 18,770
Thats a cop out if I have ever seen one, mojo was delivered, my iphone was delivered, poly was delivered. Yes I know, they were probably listed as something other than a battery on the label. All that has to be said is, “replacement part for a dac”. No battery mentioned and your not lieing to get the battery delivered.

Some couriers may not take a battery, but there are many other delivery companies in the side wings waiting to take the scraps from the kings table.

Many countries do not allow the lithium battery to be shipped if it is not in a device. Mojo, iPhone, Poly, etc., all contained the battery within the device, not separately. It's not a cop-out, it's relatively new transportation laws and a lot of manufacturers are frustrated by it.

Oct 25, 2018 at 7:27 PM Post #11,140 of 18,770
Many countries do not allow the lithium battery to be shipped if it is not in a device. Mojo, iPhone, Poly, etc., all contained the battery within the device, not separately. It's not a cop-out, it's relatively new transportation laws and a lot of manufacturers are frustrated by it.

Fine, put it in a plastic container. It’s in a device. A device used to store and carry things.

It is a cop out, whether it’s a cop out from the delivery companies or Chord, I don’t know and I’m not speculating, but it is a cop out. Probably due to insurance purposes, they ( delivery Co’s ) not wanting to be liable.

They may cite it’s a safety hazard, but that won’t be the real reason. If it was, and if they were so dangerous, you wouldn’t be allowed to get nearer than 1 mile to a passenger plane with your phone. Companies wouldn’t be selling them and sending batteries via the post. Go visit the dell store or any pc manufacturers website, who sell replacement batteries, and order a replacement battery for a laptop and tell me what happens. Look at all the anker/and others lithium batteries on Amazon, they get delivered, and they are exactly the same thing. I think it’s safe to say that somebody in the chain is causing a problem that should not exist.

Someone will ALWAYS be there to deliver. I remember not that long ago getting a delivery of some chemicals via normal postal mail, it had a sticker on it saying that it was carrying a potentially explosive item. I agreed with the sticker.

Hey yeah wait a minute Mr Postman. He was walking about with near enough a bomb in his bag, and it was A ok.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2018 at 5:04 PM Post #11,143 of 18,770
My Poly should come this days..
Already read a lot, but still need some help.
My whole music library is on NAS. Not clear how to setup to stream files form NAS to Poly without resampling or conversion.
I understand that i need to install some apps to control Poly. But cant see how to set NAS as source. And then.. files will be pulled from NAS to iphone and from there to Poly?
Or Poly will get it directly from NAS, and only control is done by phone?
One more thing regarding ISO images. Is Poly can handle them? maybe from SD?
Thanks for help..

Oct 28, 2018 at 6:19 PM Post #11,144 of 18,770
My whole music library is on NAS. Not clear how to setup to stream files form NAS to Poly without resampling or conversion.
I understand that i need to install some apps to control Poly. But cant see how to set NAS as source. And then.. files will be pulled from NAS to iphone and from there to Poly?
Thanks for help..

it can't do iso.
i dont use NAS, but if its just a bit network share, could you then have your pc host some software called MinimServer, free, which could see that network share, and 'share' the music out via MPD, via Glider (iphone app) - or maybe MPDeluxe may also help.

I think any software that acts as an MPD server could send to poly as an MPD client - but i've prob got these terms wrong.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2018 at 8:38 PM Post #11,145 of 18,770
Thanks for help..
Roon would (should) be a great solution for this. I use Roon to stream from my NAS as my primary way of listening to music at home. That said, Roon is still unusable for me on Poly because the connection is repeatedly dropped. Awaiting a fix / reply from Chord. More details describing this problem are earlier in this epic thread.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back