Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Nov 2, 2018 at 12:04 AM Post #11,161 of 18,821
What a joke.

upload_2018-11-2_15-3-58.png

Nov 2, 2018 at 4:55 PM Post #11,164 of 18,821
You would need software, like Jriver, it allows you to stream video and audio.

For just music, Roon, thats what I use, Roon on my main pc and I can use any endpoint, from phone, to poly and everything inbetwee thats in my house.

Not sure if windows media player allows you to stream ? Haven’t used it for about a decade.

But you would need sometype of streaming software that can stream video and audio, if it only supported audio, since the audio is wrapped up and coming from a video ( i presume it is ) filetype, it might not work with just audio.

Foobar is free and I think it can do it, but you would need to figure out the mess which it is.

I use Jriver, Roon, Serviio and Plex, possibly plex might be what you want ? I have no idea though. If I had to hazard a guess I would opt for jriver, it also has an app for idevices, so it will probably also have one for android if thats what you use.

If it’s just music, easy, it’s one of those and many other kind of apps, Roon, foobar, jriver, winamp of your old.

Roon is costly, 100 year or 500 lifetime sub, but they do have a trial, Jriver is less costly but more powerful, and you also have to buy the app if you want it.

I was going to suggest jriver but I don’t think it’ll work. Jriver can stream to a DLNA device but I don’t believe a DLNA device can be selected as an output for all audio. Even if you could, I can imagine all sorts of syncing issues.

Nov 3, 2018 at 8:41 PM Post #11,165 of 18,821
@ZappaMan

Sorry if I have this wrong. However I think I recall you saying your Mojo battery life has dropped, from eight hours to five.

I recall that someone in the Mojo thread had a suggestion for recovering battery life. I think it was to fully charge Mojo, then leave it on with no input wires attached and let it run to empty. I am not sure if the idea was to leave headphones plugged in or not.

I remember some folk chiming in and saying that the Mojo would turn off if no input wire was attached. That was something added to later models.

Nov 4, 2018 at 2:21 AM Post #11,166 of 18,821
@ZappaMan

Sorry if I have this wrong. However I think I recall you saying your Mojo battery life has dropped, from eight hours to five.

I recall that someone in the Mojo thread had a suggestion for recovering battery life. I think it was to fully charge Mojo, then leave it on with no input wires attached and let it run to empty. I am not sure if the idea was to leave headphones plugged in or not.

I remember some folk chiming in and saying that the Mojo would turn off if no input wire was attached. That was something added to later models.
thank you - I’ll give it a go.

Nov 5, 2018 at 2:48 AM Post #11,167 of 18,821
I want to listen to Tidal mqa on the chord/poly, using my iPhone as the controller. I installed the trial version of Roon and everything works like a charm. Roon is just very expensive. Is there another way to get tidal mqa to the Poly, given that I don’t want to switch to Android and that I don’t want the down sampled Airplay stream?

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2018 at 7:45 AM Post #11,168 of 18,821
I want to listen to Tidal mqa on the chord/poly, using my iPhone as the controller. I installed the trial version of Roon and everything works like a charm. Roon is just very expensive. Is there another way to get tidal mqa to the Poly, given that I don’t want to switch to Android and that I don’t want the down sampled Airplay stream?
App called AK connect 2. In App Store and free.

Nov 5, 2018 at 9:58 PM Post #11,170 of 18,821
@ZappaMan

I tried doing that earlier this year. Fullying running mojos battery down until it turned off, then turned back on again until it turned off again, a few times, but my battery is still roughly 6 hours. It was new this year, but I suppose it’s like everything else with a battery, it eventually needs replacing.

Mojo’s heat does not help the battery, if anything, it is probably helping it to degrade even quicker. I just wish chord would sell a battery kit so we can change it ourselves, but be warned that doing so will void the 1 year warranty, and the kits only being sold direct from Chord and the serial number must be given to chord at time of purchase. Which I’m totally cool with.

Nov 5, 2018 at 10:51 PM Post #11,171 of 18,821
Ahem....

Android app status?

(Asking for a friend.)

Nov 6, 2018 at 6:06 AM Post #11,172 of 18,821
Is there going to be anymore major updates for the poly? I mean for iOS . And the poly firmware itself.
I had my poly since it launch and I’m still using mojo poly as my everyday dap until now.
All I want to say is I really enjoy using it and it work as it should most of the time . But not all the time.

I know chord is working on the android app.
But just want to know is there going to be anymore updates coming to the poly ? Firmware ?more new function for iOS ?

Nov 6, 2018 at 7:27 AM Post #11,173 of 18,821
I got my poly yesterday.
Maybe somebody can help.. I insert SD card with many songs ( around 2000), led was flash for a while and number of songs apears in Gofigure.
I can play SD songs from different apps, but not directly from Gofigure app. It says playlist not faound or not yet read.. or something. How to fix it?
It shold be simple inserd SD catd and Gofigure app should play it. thanks

Nov 6, 2018 at 7:32 AM Post #11,174 of 18,821
Is there going to be anymore major updates for the poly? I mean for iOS . And the poly firmware itself.
I had my poly since it launch and I’m still using mojo poly as my everyday dap until now.
All I want to say is I really enjoy using it and it work as it should most of the time . But not all the time.

I know chord is working on the android app.
But just want to know is there going to be anymore updates coming to the poly ? Firmware ?more new function for iOS ?

Yes there is going to be updates for ios. John mentioned it to me a whileback, saying that once android gofigure is released as non beta, an ios update will follow.

Nov 6, 2018 at 7:43 AM Post #11,175 of 18,821
I got my poly yesterday.
Maybe somebody can help.. I insert SD card with many songs ( around 2000), led was flash for a while and number of songs apears in Gofigure.
I can play SD songs from different apps, but not directly from Gofigure app. It says playlist not faound or not yet read.. or something. How to fix it?
It shold be simple inserd SD catd and Gofigure app should play it. thanks

Use cantata app on windows and i think mac also to make playlists and import them to poly.

Thats what alot of people found worked best for them. There is a how to, about 500 pages < thataway, it will guide you through what you have to do, but its simple enough to figure it out anyway. Start cantata and find polys ip and connect to it and then you should see your music and add playlists manually for each album.

I will pre warn you, once you have imported the working playlists, they will show as example The Rolling Stone, however if you refresh the dlna database or remove the sd card snd put it back in, your play lists will look like this example The Rolling Stone.m3u its a small annoyance if anything but it does not impact playback or anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back