Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Sep 30, 2018 at 2:06 PM Post #10,966 of 18,757
Ok, this is puzzling. Now I'm in software 1.0.10.

It looks like Poly can't hop to the latest version in one go. I was hoping it would go straight to 1.26 but that doesn't seem the case, I'm just so relieved that it's back again and does seem to update now.
How many versions after 1.0.10?
I think the next one is 1.0.17, and then 1.0.26 after that.

Sep 30, 2018 at 2:38 PM Post #10,967 of 18,757
Bloody hell. I decided to put it in hotspot mode and use it a while with the BubbleUPnP app. It worked for a while until suddenly the music stopped playing while I was playing a DSD-file that appearantly was converted to 24/192 but it played. When I was at the end of the song it suddenly stopped. I was still in hotspot mode with the p-status light flashing colors. I tried to open Bubble again and I could see the files and initiate but it wouldn't play. Now the same file was suddenly displayed as playing in DSD althought it didn't work. I pushed it in hotspot mode in 1.0.10 and tried to change the settings to DSD and the option below which I think was bit perfect mode. I tried to save and reboot and then it froze.

Now I'm back on orange light by now on m status just as before. I realized this could be another firmware update since it looked familiar and have activated and deactivated the device according to the update guidelines but so far no luck.
Now it's just creeping towards low battery.

I'll charge it full and then turn it back on again since that was what woke it back up the last time, but this game of 'you never know when it's updating' is very tiring with the old firmware. Luckely Poly buyers that receive one from the last 5 months won't have to deal with these issues since they can use gofigure or use the wifi link with better firmware.

I can't wait to reach 1.0.26 and I hope the Poly pulls through this one as well, to be continued.

Oct 1, 2018 at 1:46 PM Post #10,969 of 18,757
It's back on-line. It wasn't bricked since I didn't have to drain the battery and recharge and now it's behaving normal. I won't try any funny stuff anymore and keep it on the network so it can quietly keep on updating. I've had the Poly since friday and I've literally only played 20 minutes of music on it so I'm eager to discover more of its options. In fact, I've had so many sources on mojo that it was immediately clear what kind of an upgrade it is, more midrange definition, increased resolution across the entire spectrum and a better blacker background with imaging improved. It's not day and night (on these levels it almost never is) but this audiophile was instantly hooked when I noticed my favorite songs sounding better.

Oct 1, 2018 at 2:10 PM Post #10,970 of 18,757
It's back on-line. It wasn't bricked since I didn't have to drain the battery and recharge and now it's behaving normal. I won't try any funny stuff anymore and keep it on the network so it can quietly keep on updating. I've had the Poly since friday and I've literally only played 20 minutes of music on it so I'm eager to discover more of its options. In fact, I've had so many sources on mojo that it was immediately clear what kind of an upgrade it is, more midrange definition, increased resolution across the entire spectrum and a better blacker background with imaging improved. It's not day and night (on these levels it almost never is) but this audiophile was instantly hooked when I noticed my favorite songs sounding better.
Fingers crossed for you, that the Poly updates successfully soon. Then you will be able to listen to your hearts content.

Oct 1, 2018 at 2:36 PM Post #10,971 of 18,757
Any tentative dates for next firmware for iOS ? Would be good to have Spotify connect for casual listening while at home, airplay works but mobile has to be near it all the time.
I don't know any official dates, but I do know that during September Matt and his colleagues were working flat out, shipping the Mscaler, and preparing the TT2 & Etude releases, plus working on the Poly updates.
So Poly has not been forgotten, and I hope that there will be some news update in the not too distant future.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2018 at 1:45 AM Post #10,972 of 18,757
I don't know any official dates, but I do know that during September Matt and his colleagues were working flat out, shipping the Mscaler, and preparing the TT2 & Etude releases, plus working on the Poly updates.
So Poly has not been forgotten, and I hope that there will be some news update in the not too distant future.

Disappointing to hear this after so long. Nearly a year after release and still not performing. Roon is impossible if using a remote app since it shuts down as soon as a remote connects.

I would like to see what the next firmware update / Android app brings but if there is no info in the next month or so I am done with it.

Oct 2, 2018 at 11:51 AM Post #10,973 of 18,757

Thanks Mike. Yes we have been really busy but Poly development hasn't stopped. We've taken the feedback from the Android beta test and worked on an update which I have been testing. It needs a few more tweaks but I will be back as soon as I can with a new version. Thank you to everyone that participated and gave us feedback.

Oct 2, 2018 at 11:57 AM Post #10,974 of 18,757
Disappointing to hear this after so long. Nearly a year after release and still not performing. Roon is impossible if using a remote app since it shuts down as soon as a remote connects.

I would like to see what the next firmware update / Android app brings but if there is no info in the next month or so I am done with it.

Hi @MountainTime. We have been testing and testing this to try and repeat the problem. We just don't see the same thing. Can I throw this out to anyone else on this forum to see if they experience a problem when using Roon, the Roon remote and Poly?

Oct 2, 2018 at 1:06 PM Post #10,976 of 18,757
Oct 2, 2018 at 2:04 PM Post #10,978 of 18,757
Oct 2, 2018 at 2:12 PM Post #10,980 of 18,757
Hi @MountainTime. We have been testing and testing this to try and repeat the problem. We just don't see the same thing. Can I throw this out to anyone else on this forum to see if they experience a problem when using Roon, the Roon remote and Poly?

Hi Matt,

This person posted the same issue. It's 100% repeatable on my replacement poly. I could take a video as well, but it's exactly the same and this guy explains it well.

I solved this by using a $35 raspberry pi with volumio and the roon bridge instead of poly. Zero drops.

Also it looks like Mitch wrote into the roon forum link Jed posted saying Chord are aware of the issue on May 2, so I'm not sure where the disconnect is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back