Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jul 27, 2018 at 1:10 PM Post #10,263 of 18,774
This is different. As long as I stay in the Roon app, it never loses connection.

It's only when I leave the Roon app active in the background while surfing, or someone else opens the Roon app on another device that it loses connection.

I do not have that behavior. Poly always stays connected on my network when I’m using Roon. I can use my iPad to control browse other things, close it, use my iPhone to connect and change songs, etc. no dropping.

Maybe providing more details of your setup? Server, core, etc. would help troubleshoot.

Jul 27, 2018 at 1:10 PM Post #10,264 of 18,774
For Roon mode, the Poly should be on the local network with the music coming from the Roon Core. The phone should just be a remote.

That is exactly what I am doing.

But if I do anything else on the remote (ie. iPad) than stay in the Roon app, it loses connection, although Roon is active in the background.

I use the remote the same way with my streamer in my big system (listening to music on speakers while surfing the Internet on my iPad with the Roon remote app in the background and have no problems.

Jul 27, 2018 at 1:16 PM Post #10,265 of 18,774
I do not have that behavior. Poly always stays connected on my network when I’m using Roon. I can use my iPad to control browse other things, close it, use my iPhone to connect and change songs, etc. no dropping.

Maybe providing more details of your setup? Server, core, etc. would help troubleshoot.

Everything is set up correctly, I think.
Roon Core on a separate machine with local music disk connected to the same network as Poly with Mojo. Roon remote on iPad and Android phone.

My other Roon endpoints have no problems connecting to Roon Core and keeping the connections. They use exactly the same network and same remote.

Jul 27, 2018 at 1:44 PM Post #10,266 of 18,774
Everything is set up correctly, I think.
Roon Core on a separate machine with local music disk connected to the same network as Poly with Mojo. Roon remote on iPad and Android phone.

My other Roon endpoints have no problems connecting to Roon Core and keeping the connections. They use exactly the same network and same remote.

Sorry for you. My Poly works exactly as expected in Roon mode. Maybe someone else has had the issue? Also, can you see Poly in your router home page and I see it connect/disconnecting? Maybe there is a setting to prioritize it?

Jul 27, 2018 at 7:37 PM Post #10,267 of 18,774
Made an account here to try and patch things up with Poly. She is stretching my patience wafer thin with constant glitching and loss of connectivity. I use her mostly during my morning commute, and rarely arrive at work without wanting to throw her out of my window. I have her in Wi-fi mode, using my phone's hotspot to connect. Enabling Poly's own wi-fi network seems to yield even more glitching. I'm using Glider to read the micro sd card. I've seen some others mention the connectivity issues are because Poly is looking for other networks in busy areas. If that's the case, why would it be looking for additional connections at all if my phone is 2 ft away? Has anyone been able to fix this? Every time I get in my car and turn Poly on now, I start shaking. This is not the experience I was hoping for...

Any tips are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jul 27, 2018 at 8:35 PM Post #10,268 of 18,774
This is different. As long as I stay in the Roon app, it never loses connection.

It's only when I leave the Roon app active in the background while surfing, or someone else opens the Roon app on another device that it loses connection.
Could it be that your phone is not allowing apps to run in the background - maybe because it’s in a low power mode.

Jul 27, 2018 at 8:41 PM Post #10,269 of 18,774
Made an account here to try and patch things up with Poly. She is stretching my patience wafer thin with constant glitching and loss of connectivity. I use her mostly during my morning commute, and rarely arrive at work without wanting to throw her out of my window. I have her in Wi-fi mode, using my phone's hotspot to connect. Enabling Poly's own wi-fi network seems to yield even more glitching. I'm using Glider to read the micro sd card. I've seen some others mention the connectivity issues are because Poly is looking for other networks in busy areas. If that's the case, why would it be looking for additional connections at all if my phone is 2 ft away? Has anyone been able to fix this? Every time I get in my car and turn Poly on now, I start shaking. This is not the experience I was hoping for...

Thanks
Try putting poly as the hotspot, and setting a wifi password.

Jul 27, 2018 at 8:49 PM Post #10,270 of 18,774

Thanks
I use my iPhone for a hotspot, and rarely have drops from poly even though there are a lot of other wifi networks around. The only issue is a=occasionally when I am near a wifi signal that the iPhone has seen before in which I have logged in. When you set up the iPhone as a hotspot do you have the wifi signal off or just not connecting (white circle). This is what mine looks like. Is yours similar? With this set up I am good 95% of the time.
File Jul 27, 8 48 37 PM.png

Jul 27, 2018 at 8:52 PM Post #10,271 of 18,774
I use my iPhone for a hotspot, and rarely have drops from poly even though there are a lot of other wifi networks around. The only issue is a=occasionally when I am near a wifi signal that the iPhone has seen before in which I have logged in. When you set up the iPhone as a hotspot do you have the wifi signal off or just not connecting (white circle). This is what mine looks like. Is yours similar? With this set up I am good 95% of the time.

Hi, I'll let your know when my Poly is no longer frozen..

Jul 28, 2018 at 2:47 AM Post #10,273 of 18,774
Could it be that your phone is not allowing apps to run in the background - maybe because it’s in a low power mode.
The Roon app has no connection whatsoever with the Poly. It’s only the Roon Core that is communicating with the Poly. You can turn off your phone and music will keep playing.

I’m not questioning the observations, just saying that there must be another explanation. Perhaps wth the Roon app closed, the phone is instigating some mischievous behavior from Poly? Sometimes there are unexpected side effects. For an unrelated example, when playing from an SD card in hotspot mode, everything works perfectly for me. But without hotspot mode, the Poly scans every six seconds causing a dropout. The only solution for me is airplane mode. On a weak network where Poly is already susceptible to drops outs, I wouldn’t rule out anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back