Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jun 5, 2018 at 7:06 AM Post #9,856 of 19,107
If you use phone hotspot then you share the phone access with Poly so normal email/web access for your phone.

If you'd rather use the Poly hotspot then there is an option on iPhone OS to let the phone access the internet, a few small changes to the ip address selected by Poly covered in some useful videos by another forum member @JeremyLaurenson already I'd have to search for his video myself but just hunt for hybrid mode and you should find it.

I use the hybrid hotspot mode all the time, except when I want to access my NAS music library (then I flip to the wifi mode). The set-up instructions can be found here. Go to the bottom of the page and the video is under "iOS using Poly in Poly's own hotspot network". Hybrid hotspot allows you to listen to the MP and access email and the web via your cellular connection.

Jun 5, 2018 at 10:21 AM Post #9,857 of 19,107
I find that my mojo poly seem to be having short battery life. Less than 5 hours...maybe I play too much dsd64 file through network...hmmm

Jun 5, 2018 at 10:23 AM Post #9,858 of 19,107
however i actually got poison because I bought the mojo to pair with my Cayin N5II....then the rest is history...haha

Jun 6, 2018 at 11:10 AM Post #9,859 of 19,107
If you use phone hotspot then you share the phone access with Poly so normal email/web access for your phone.

If you'd rather use the Poly hotspot then there is an option on iPhone OS to let the phone access the internet, a few small changes to the ip address selected by Poly covered in some useful videos by another forum member @JeremyLaurenson already I'd have to search for his video myself but just hunt for hybrid mode and you should find it.

Hi again. Thanks for the information and links.

I just followed the instructions on Jeremy's video and yes I can get Glider to play music from the SD card ... so far so good.

BUT what the instructions and video don't clearly explain (and please correct me if I have thing wrong!) is that whilst in Hybrid mode your iPhone can still access the Internet via 4G you cannot access a wifi network or you will lose the connection with Poly. So, for example, if I'm working abroad and don't have 4G/data access via my carrier then if my iPhone is connect to Poly, I can't link to a hotel/airport wifi signal without losing that connection.

... a player I can just take out of my pocket and press PLAY is looking more and more appealing.

Jun 6, 2018 at 11:27 AM Post #9,860 of 19,107
Yes correct. If u connect to hybrid on iPhone, data connection is purely on 3G/4G sim, cos the wifi already occupy by poly hotspot. Thus it’s really inconvenient if u want to listen to songs on your poly and still wanna surf internet through wifi....

Jun 6, 2018 at 11:39 AM Post #9,861 of 19,107
Hi again. Thanks for the information and links.

I just followed the instructions on Jeremy's video and yes I can get Glider to play music from the SD card ... so far so good.

BUT what the instructions and video don't clearly explain (and please correct me if I have thing wrong!) is that whilst in Hybrid mode your iPhone can still access the Internet via 4G you cannot access a wifi network or you will lose the connection with Poly. So, for example, if I'm working abroad and don't have 4G/data access via my carrier then if my iPhone is connect to Poly, I can't link to a hotel/airport wifi signal without losing that connection.

... a player I can just take out of my pocket and press PLAY is looking more and more appealing.

No, if you are running a hotspot on your phone or your phone is connected to polys hotspot, you cannot connect to another wifi network, and you will have to use your phones data connection. But, if you are in a place with a trusted wifi connection that you want to use on your phone, you could also connect your poly to the same wifi and then use it anyways. This of course may not be advisable on any public wifi access points.

Jun 6, 2018 at 12:15 PM Post #9,862 of 19,107
Yes correct. If u connect to hybrid on iPhone, data connection is purely on 3G/4G sim, cos the wifi already occupy by poly hotspot. Thus it’s really inconvenient if u want to listen to songs on your poly and still wanna surf internet through wifi....

And this is one of the key reasons adding more features on gofigure quickplay would be so valuable.

Controlling mp strictly via bt is incredibly valuable, especially for mobile usage, where both battery longevity and connectivity are a concern.

Jun 6, 2018 at 12:44 PM Post #9,863 of 19,107
And this is one of the key reasons adding more features on gofigure quickplay would be so valuable.

Controlling mp strictly via bt is incredibly valuable, especially for mobile usage, where both battery longevity and connectivity are a concern.

I totally agree. Forgive me if this has already been said many, many times over on this thread but surely I'm not the only person who primarily purchased Poly to play hi-res files from the SD card... if there is the opportunity to stream as well when I have a good wifi connection (and without losing wifi connectivity on my phone) then that's a bonus.

The fact that 7 months after getting Poly it still can't simply push files from the SD card slot to Mojo via a Bluetooth issued control is unbelievable.

IMHO the whole control element should be Bluetooth based. Then IF there is a wifi signal Poly can access, that should be used just that for the streaming element.

I had a huge amount of respect for Chord and their products but I think they have seriously dropped the ball with the software surrounding Poly.

Jun 6, 2018 at 12:59 PM Post #9,864 of 19,107
Hi guys,

It’s been ages since my last login here. I’d had a very busy 2016 and 2017. Well I just bought the Poly yesterday. Made all what the forums, videos and Chord asked me to do, but I am having a hard time trying to figure the configuration so far. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction. Let me explain:

1. Charged the Poly for full 6 hours before touching anything
2. Downloaded the GoFigure app, Glider app (and pay)
3. Put an SD with my music
4. Turned on the Mojo-Poly and as it was (searching for WiFi mode) opened the GoFigure app and didn’t detec the Poly (BT turned on, but not connected to Poly)
5. Clicked the config pin and entered hotspot mode.
6. Opened WiFi settings from phone, then connected to the Poly’s WiFi
7. The login pop up window appeared and here is where things got weird. The login page all forums and videos showed (black one) did not appeared to me, it was a white page in which it let me name my Poly, put the SSID, password and mode (other), but NO firmware version or previous WiFi SSIDs were shown. So, i configure everything, click saved, the poly restarted and then leaved it for 20 minutes to see if the firmware was updated
8. Turn on Mojo-Poly, it connected to the WiFi, then opened Glider and saw my music collection, clicked play and no sound coming though! Then used Spotify to tried the Airplay protocol, and it worked! The went back to Glider and music was fine.

I cannot make it work with the GoFigure app!!!!! No matter what i try, connect Poly by BT, by WiFi, simply the app says No Poly click ok or alternate, already clicked both and nothing happens!!!! This is so frustrating to me, because i cannot use the app and the wifi login info cannot even tell me which firmware version i am in!!!

Please your valued help is appreciated!

Norman

Jun 6, 2018 at 1:08 PM Post #9,865 of 19,107
Hi guys,
I cannot make it work with the GoFigure app!!!!! No matter what i try, connect Poly by BT, by WiFi, simply the app says No Poly click ok or alternate, already clicked both and nothing happens!!!! This is so frustrating to me, because i cannot use the app and the wifi login info cannot even tell me which firmware version i am in!!!

Norman

Hi Norman,

I'm just heading out for an anniversary meal but if no one else replies I think you need to repeatedly update the firmware a number of times to get it to a certain level ... have the instructions saved somewhere and will dig them out later or in the morning.

That's certainly what I had to do.

Ade

Jun 6, 2018 at 1:26 PM Post #9,866 of 19,107
I totally agree. Forgive me if this has already been said many, many times over on this thread but surely I'm not the only person who primarily purchased Poly to play hi-res files from the SD card... if there is the opportunity to stream as well when I have a good wifi connection (and without losing wifi connectivity on my phone) then that's a bonus.

The fact that 7 months after getting Poly it still can't simply push files from the SD card slot to Mojo via a Bluetooth issued control is unbelievable.

IMHO the whole control element should be Bluetooth based. Then IF there is a wifi signal Poly can access, that should be used just that for the streaming element.

I had a huge amount of respect for Chord and their products but I think they have seriously dropped the ball with the software surrounding Poly.

I'm no expert in these matters, but it seems to be down to the decision to use "off the peg" DLNA/UPnP and MPD as the playback solutions. These all require "networked" devices. If they decided to use Bluetooth then my guess is that this would need an in-house developed software solution, with an increased cost to us for this development, and quite possibly a restricted set of compatible file formats.

Personally speaking, using my phone as a Hotspot to tether my Poly and using MPD software (MALP) is working great for me.

Jun 6, 2018 at 2:17 PM Post #9,867 of 19,107
Thanks Stevie.
Do options 2 & 3 mean that my iPhone is then effectively offline for email/web access etc. ? If so, that rules both those out.
Re option 1; "pre-saved playlists on sd card" ... how do I create those? Do I need 1 per album of just 1 as an index to the whole card contents?

Cheers,

Ade

In my opinion, if what you are looking for is to use your SD card from the Poly, control the music from your iPhone and keep having internet surfing then the option mentioned to use the iPhone as an WiFi hotspot, and then you can use your phone’s LTE network to access your emails. Easy thing (if you can use the GoFigure app, which I can’t). If you cannot use your cell phone’s data because it’s an international trip, then I would suggest to buy a SIM card from that country and use it for the length of your trip (I do it all the time) and it’s not expensive at all. I don’t know if your carrier allows you to switch SIM cards (mine does).

If what you want is to be connected into your hotel to a WiFi, the using Poly, iPhone and internet at the same time, I think that is not possible, especially due to the hotel’s common request to login to grant access.

If what the other members are saying is true (again my damn GoFigure app is not working) then you can create playlists readable for GoFigure and then you will have the iPhone’s WiFi connectivity usable to use your hotel’s WiFi.

Hope this helps somehow.

PS: I think the Bluetooth control topic you are referring to as to be the most easy way to do it, in my opinion it is not how Poly is programmed and the WiFi/Bluetooth hardware does not support your requests, I am not that expert but Poly was not design to be used as you mention, so i think that was, is and will be a dead end.

Regards,

Norman

Jun 6, 2018 at 2:21 PM Post #9,868 of 19,107
This Poly is keeping me amazed with less than 24 hours from purchase. It says it supports ALAC, but when using Glider none of my ALAC files (95% of my collection) is not played by Poly. Only the FLAC files are played incredible. Could it be because I put MPD mode in the WiFi login?

Anyway, please guys help me with the GoFigure app problem I am having, I’ll be very happy with your help!!!

PS: Currently listening Wagner’s Das Rheingold with Georg Solti in FLAC through the Poly and it sounds superb!!

Norman

Jun 6, 2018 at 2:25 PM Post #9,869 of 19,107
Hi guys,

It’s been ages since my last login here. I’d had a very busy 2016 and 2017. Well I just bought the Poly yesterday. Made all what the forums, videos and Chord asked me to do, but I am having a hard time trying to figure the configuration so far. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction. Let me explain:

1. Charged the Poly for full 6 hours before touching anything
2. Downloaded the GoFigure app, Glider app (and pay)
3. Put an SD with my music
4. Turned on the Mojo-Poly and as it was (searching for WiFi mode) opened the GoFigure app and didn’t detec the Poly (BT turned on, but not connected to Poly)
5. Clicked the config pin and entered hotspot mode.
6. Opened WiFi settings from phone, then connected to the Poly’s WiFi
7. The login pop up window appeared and here is where things got weird. The login page all forums and videos showed (black one) did not appeared to me, it was a white page in which it let me name my Poly, put the SSID, password and mode (other), but NO firmware version or previous WiFi SSIDs were shown. So, i configure everything, click saved, the poly restarted and then leaved it for 20 minutes to see if the firmware was updated
8. Turn on Mojo-Poly, it connected to the WiFi, then opened Glider and saw my music collection, clicked play and no sound coming though! Then used Spotify to tried the Airplay protocol, and it worked! The went back to Glider and music was fine.

Norman

I feel is the firmware not update to the latest version....it's frustrating when i got my poly too
Seriously u need to manually configure SSID and password to connect it your router network.
Poly status will show solid blue led light...mean already connect to network
As the poly will auto search for updated firmware just leave it aside and time yourself 20 mins.
Then power off...make sure poly light completely turn off.
Then power on again and leave it aside for 20 mins again...then power off again.
Now restart your poly and use Gofigure app try to search for poly

I remember i almost throw my poly out of my window when i keep failing initially
be patience and u will succeed

Jun 6, 2018 at 5:23 PM Post #9,870 of 19,107
This Poly is keeping me amazed with less than 24 hours from purchase. It says it supports ALAC, but when using Glider none of my ALAC files (95% of my collection) is not played by Poly. Only the FLAC files are played incredible. Could it be because I put MPD mode in the WiFi login?

Anyway, please guys help me with the GoFigure app problem I am having, I’ll be very happy with your help!!!

PS: Currently listening Wagner’s Das Rheingold with Georg Solti in FLAC through the Poly and it sounds superb!!

Norman

I have had some success using the Hiby app instead of the Glider app. the DLNA client on the Hiby app isn't as good an interface as reviewing the other music on the Hiby app. I guess Hiby didn't think it was worth optimizing the interface for DLNA music. But, it plays well and consistently. You might have greater success with ALAC files there.

One thing to note: If you purchased any music on iTunes, it won't play through Glider to the MP. I believe this is a DRM issue. But, in either case, none of the music I've purchased through iTunes has player successfully to the MP from Glider, 8 Player, or Hiby.

---

As to the BT problem, that is quite the dilemma. I'm not sure what the problem is.

I've only had a problem connecting a couple of times from iOS GoFigure to MP. In each case, it was my own mistake, where I had previously turned off BT on my iPhone for one reason or another a little while earlier and just forgot.
Oh, there was another time, and I believe the reason was because I have GoFigure on multiple devices, and GoFigure doesn't seem to connect if another device running GoFigure is already connected.

---

Wagner is some pretty heavy stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back