Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jun 6, 2018 at 6:00 PM Post #9,873 of 19,049
So, it's been a minute since this topic was thrown up.

Is anyone using Oppo PM-3 or Campfire Cascade with the MP?
Curious what folks are using.

I just got the new Fostex T60RP and for a relatively cheap headphone they some absolutely stunning through MojoPoly.

Other than that my favourite cans with the MojoPloy are the AKG K812, Audeze LCD-2 classics and Beyerdynamic T5P (gen 2).

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2018 at 6:09 PM Post #9,874 of 19,049

I'm using Grado GR10's and Sennheiser IE800S for the most part when catching public transport.

When at work, using either Meze 99 Classics or Sennheiser HD650/580.

At home, mainly using MP as a source/DAC upstream from my Bottlehead Crack or two-channel system.

Jun 6, 2018 at 6:20 PM Post #9,875 of 19,049

I was using my PM3 with the Mojo.
But with the MojoPoly, i prefer the Grado GR10e.

Jun 6, 2018 at 6:32 PM Post #9,877 of 19,049

I am using Focal Clear/Audeze iSine 20/Shure SE846 with both MP and H2- very happy with the sound overall!!

Jun 6, 2018 at 6:54 PM Post #9,878 of 19,049

They both sound good via MP, however I prefer the cascades for sound signature and comfort, and so unfortunately my PM-3s don't get much play time these days. I also really like the m&j JP1 which have a more natural sound signature (for closed back) paired with MP they really come to life and surprised me enough that I seek them out whenever I use MP.

Jun 6, 2018 at 10:50 PM Post #9,879 of 19,049
For those of you who are always struggling with connectivity options/problems with the MojoPoly, and whether to use your iPhone's hotspot, the MP's hotspot, hybrid mode, AirPlay versus music on the mSD card, Glider versus other MPD apps, my solution is to simply buy an iPod Touch, either store your music on it and stream via AirPlay (e.g. if most of your music is 44.1/16 RBCD) or store your music on the mSD card (if your music library has a good amount of content in hi-res or DSD) then use the Glider app. You set your MP to use its own Hotspot mode and your iPod Touch would become the control hub with the best touch-based control interface compared to any other dedicated DAP out there, the exact same feel as your iPhone/iOS device. Then your iPhone will just be limited to doing it's smart phone related duties. When you travel abroad, there is no need to cater to or worry about roaming with your MP and whether streaming music locally stored on the iPod will incur roaming charges, because you'd still be using your MP's hotspot. Any data usage is on your discretion limited to what's used on your phone.

Of course, I am not a subscriber of Tidal, Apple Music or other online streaming services, as I'm talking strictly about music you own and can download to your iPod without needing internet access to play, and music files you can copy to a mSD card.

Jun 7, 2018 at 12:09 AM Post #9,881 of 19,049
Jun 7, 2018 at 12:19 AM Post #9,882 of 19,049
6 weeks behind the IOS app! So launching May 20th 2018!

Which is still on time in Chord's world.

They probably just received the "please send us a physical Mojo + Poly unit so we can test your app" request. You know, like their GoFigure for iOS story.

Jun 7, 2018 at 4:57 AM Post #9,884 of 19,049
For those of you who are always struggling with connectivity options/problems with the MojoPoly, and whether to use your iPhone's hotspot, the MP's hotspot, hybrid mode, AirPlay versus music on the mSD card, Glider versus other MPD apps, my solution is to simply buy an iPod Touch, either store your music on it and stream via AirPlay (e.g. if most of your music is 44.1/16 RBCD) or store your music on the mSD card (if your music library has a good amount of content in hi-res or DSD) then use the Glider app. You set your MP to use its own Hotspot mode and your iPod Touch would become the control hub with the best touch-based control interface compared to any other dedicated DAP out there, the exact same feel as your iPhone/iOS device. Then your iPhone will just be limited to doing it's smart phone related duties. When you travel abroad, there is no need to cater to or worry about roaming with your MP and whether streaming music locally stored on the iPod will incur roaming charges, because you'd still be using your MP's hotspot. Any data usage is on your discretion limited to what's used on your phone.

Of course, I am not a subscriber of Tidal, Apple Music or other online streaming services, as I'm talking strictly about music you own and can download to your iPod without needing internet access to play, and music files you can copy to a mSD card.
There are still 2 problems with that. firstly, My Iphone can't go online when in MP hotspot mode even I have 4g sim card in there. Another one is that I have to go through the process of connecting every time I wanna listen to music.
I'll continue to ask them for play/pause option integrating in to MojoPoly itself and even Chord can't do that because of hardware limitation, I hope this idea can go in to pre-production 2go.

Jun 7, 2018 at 6:49 AM Post #9,885 of 19,049
Hi guys,

It’s been ages since my last login here. I’d had a very busy 2016 and 2017. Well I just bought the Poly yesterday. Made all what the forums, videos and Chord asked me to do, but I am having a hard time trying to figure the configuration so far. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction. Let me explain:

1. Charged the Poly for full 6 hours before touching anything
2. Downloaded the GoFigure app, Glider app (and pay)
3. Put an SD with my music
4. Turned on the Mojo-Poly and as it was (searching for WiFi mode) opened the GoFigure app and didn’t detec the Poly (BT turned on, but not connected to Poly)
5. Clicked the config pin and entered hotspot mode.
6. Opened WiFi settings from phone, then connected to the Poly’s WiFi
7. The login pop up window appeared and here is where things got weird. The login page all forums and videos showed (black one) did not appeared to me, it was a white page in which it let me name my Poly, put the SSID, password and mode (other), but NO firmware version or previous WiFi SSIDs were shown. So, i configure everything, click saved, the poly restarted and then leaved it for 20 minutes to see if the firmware was updated
8. Turn on Mojo-Poly, it connected to the WiFi, then opened Glider and saw my music collection, clicked play and no sound coming though! Then used Spotify to tried the Airplay protocol, and it worked! The went back to Glider and music was fine.

I cannot make it work with the GoFigure app!!!!! No matter what i try, connect Poly by BT, by WiFi, simply the app says No Poly click ok or alternate, already clicked both and nothing happens!!!! This is so frustrating to me, because i cannot use the app and the wifi login info cannot even tell me which firmware version i am in!!!

Please your valued help is appreciated!

Norman

Hi Norman!

I think your issue related to the Poly firmware which needs to be at level 1.0.26 for GoFigure. The following link has details of how to do the firmware upgrade WITHOUT GoFigure access. Note - I had to do the update multiple times on my Poly going up 1 step at a time until 1.0.26 was achieved ... they may have fixed that by now. Once at 1.0.26 GoFigure should see the device.
https://chordelectronics.co.uk/news/updating-poly-to-enable-gofigure-app-control/

Hope that helps! ... of course once you get GoFigure working you are in for a whole other world of issues :wink:

Ade

Users who are viewing this thread

Back