Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 27, 2018 at 6:43 AM Post #9,256 of 18,893
Yay its friday.

My Poly is working great, roon mode, other, blue tooth, airplane, hotspot etc etc.

I really am enjoying the mojo/poly combo.

I am sure everyone or mostly everyone is having fun with their poly ? as this thread has all of a sudden gone quiet since gofigures release, that can only mean 1 of 2 things.

Either gofigure and the new firmware is working good for everybody or........

Everyone did a Jeremy ???

:)

Apr 27, 2018 at 7:14 AM Post #9,258 of 18,893
Yay its friday.

My Poly is working great, roon mode, other, blue tooth, airplane, hotspot etc etc.

I really am enjoying the mojo/poly combo.

I am sure everyone or mostly everyone is having fun with their poly ? as this thread has all of a sudden gone quiet since gofigures release, that can only mean 1 of 2 things.

Either gofigure and the new firmware is working good for everybody or........

Everyone did a Jeremy ???

:)

I’m absolutely loving Poly. I now have a newly acquired habit of not leaving for work without Mojopoly in the bag.

Apr 27, 2018 at 7:32 AM Post #9,259 of 18,893
As a second-class Android citizen, I too am waiting patiently :).

Got to say, this scenario highlights the importance of good software in conjunction with hardware. I think Chord is finding this out the hard way.

It's a testament to the quality of the Mojo in particular that I still haven't given up on this combination. I would have bailed a while ago, but the sound is so good to my ears. Many others DAP's give you a better music playback experience from a UI perspective.

I'm disappointed that we have to rely on third-party apps for some of the functionality. Again, Android users are faring worse in this regard, as I am hearing good things about Glider (Apple-only).

Apr 27, 2018 at 8:43 AM Post #9,260 of 18,893
To follow up on my earlier post, my lunch walkabout with Poly was pure joy- no dropouts, Glider slow-downs or lockups of any sort.
Save for the two intermittent issues I wrote about earlier, I can wholeheartedly recommend Poly as a now safe-to-buy product.

Well done to @ChordElectronics for persevering in spite of the persistent (but very much justified) flack they were getting for months and getting Poly right for iOS users.

Apr 27, 2018 at 9:11 AM Post #9,261 of 18,893
Just got my replacement unit in. I was having battery issues, specifically lots and lots of battery drain when I wasnt using the poly. I would go maybe a week without using it and half or more of the Polys battery would be gone. Got really frustrating to have half or more battery remaining only to turn it on a week or two later and the battery be dead or just about to die.

Now if only android had the same kind of software support as apple! Really hoping that GoFigure arrives for android when they said it would, though I am honestly not holding my breath. Also really wish we had an app like Glider too, being able to use dlna to read the library and for navigation and then mpd for playback sounds like the absolute best solution. No needing to find your IP address (which without gofigure is still a pain), and then playback directly on the device instead of having to stream the audio from the dlna server to the phone, and then back to the device.

Edit: Also, kind of frustrating that the poly only seems to update one version at a time instead of just jumping right to the latest version. I guess the updates are incremental, but according to the update instructions, this is going to be a long process. First gotta update to 1.0.5, then 1.0.6, then 1.0.10, then 1.0.17, then finally 1.0.26... at 20 minutes a pop thats nearly two hours, ugh.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2018 at 9:18 AM Post #9,262 of 18,893
Hi, I am also an Android user and looking forward to Gofigure. This is my second Poly supplied by my dealer in October 2017 after the first one failed to connect at all. This second one has worked OK on Roon and MALP on wifi from the begining but on Bubble UPNP, on wifi, has always and still does stop due to the renderer reverting to Local after connecting to Chord Poly for about 5 mins. My guess is this is to do with Poly hunting for the strongest signal. Most annoying.
A few days ago my poly bricked. The usual "let its battery run down" worked and it has been ok since. I think this confirms that Gofigure has nothing to do with bricking but seems to come from incomplete updating FW to 1.0.26

Apr 27, 2018 at 10:33 AM Post #9,263 of 18,893
Hi Gr8h8m,
I believe we posted a comment regarding this not long after the latest firmware update. The information we have so far from a small number of cases indicates that the firmware update process and power cycling has not fully completed to finish the installation of the new firmware. We are of course investigating and making improvements for the future. Anyone who has this problem should please email info@chordelectronics.co.uk so we can follow up. Once Poly restarts then you will not have the issue again.

Matt
When this happened to me, I had been on the latest firmware for a week. There was definitely no firmware update happening.

Apr 27, 2018 at 11:23 AM Post #9,264 of 18,893
When this happened to me, I had been on the latest firmware for a week. There was definitely no firmware update happening.

Thank you for letting me know. So your unit wasn't on charge at the time ( which keeps Poly switched on ) and had definitely been switched off and on twice after the updating?

As I mentioned before if anyone else has this issue please email info@chordelectronics.co.uk so we can log all the instances.

Matt

Apr 27, 2018 at 5:05 PM Post #9,265 of 18,893

I think what he means is, although your poly had updated, it may not of finished properly although it may of seemed that it had.

When my poly locked up, I was changing modes in gofiure and then pow, lockup, before that I was sure my poly had auto flashed correctly.

Plus, before my lockup people were saying they were seeing the colour purple flashing on poly. I had never saw purple and I was thinking somefolk must be confusing blue with purple, but no.

Anyway, my poly locked up and once it came back to life I then saw it flash purple.

So I do think all of these lockups are being caused by improper firmware steps, in my case, an auto flash before I was aware it had done so, so I could not follow the steps needed to flash poly correctly.

When it comes down to it, although poly flashed, it may of failed to complete all the necessary steps, even though it seemed to you/me/anybody that it had.

Once it came back alive, my poly just, how can I say this, it just works as expected.

Chord finally got there in the end and I am sure the android app will follow soon and both camps will all be happy

Apr 27, 2018 at 5:24 PM Post #9,266 of 18,893
Just got my replacement unit in. I was having battery issues, specifically lots and lots of battery drain when I wasnt using the poly. I would go maybe a week without using it and half or more of the Polys battery would be gone. Got really frustrating to have half or more battery remaining only to turn it on a week or two later and the battery be dead or just about to die.

Now if only android had the same kind of software support as apple! Really hoping that GoFigure arrives for android when they said it would, though I am honestly not holding my breath. Also really wish we had an app like Glider too, being able to use dlna to read the library and for navigation and then mpd for playback sounds like the absolute best solution. No needing to find your IP address (which without gofigure is still a pain), and then playback directly on the device instead of having to stream the audio from the dlna server to the phone, and then back to the device.

Edit: Also, kind of frustrating that the poly only seems to update one version at a time instead of just jumping right to the latest version. I guess the updates are incremental, but according to the update instructions, this is going to be a long process. First gotta update to 1.0.5, then 1.0.6, then 1.0.10, then 1.0.17, then finally 1.0.26... at 20 minutes a pop thats nearly two hours, ugh.

I hate when that happens, my 4k tv and a few other things do firmware updates incrementally, I hate it as it increases the odds of a bad flash.

In the last 3 years, only one thing got bricked when flashing, my thrustmaster warthog joystick, only the stick died, the hotas was ok but I could either buy a new stick, £200, or I could buy the entire thing all over again for £280, which was what I did. Atleast the price had come down, originally it was £400 for the setup.

I really do not like flashing, especially over usb3, as that was the cause of my joystick flash gone wrong, a usb 3 port, why a usb 3 port ? You would have to ask thrustmaster.

it would of flashed ok on a usb 2 port, ahwell, we live and learn.

Apr 27, 2018 at 5:32 PM Post #9,267 of 18,893
I hate when that happens, my 4k tv and a few other things do firmware updates incrementally, I hate it as it increases the odds of a bad flash.

In the last 3 years, only one thing got bricked when flashing, my thrustmaster warthog joystick, only the stick died, the hotas was ok but I could either buy a new stick, £200, or I could buy the entire thing all over again for £280, which was what I did. Atleast the price had come down, originally it was £400 for the setup.

I really do not like flashing, especially over usb3, as that was the cause of my joystick flash gone wrong, a usb 3 port, why a usb 3 port ? You would have to ask thrustmaster.

it would of flashed ok on a usb 2 port, ahwell, we live and learn.

Indeed, its like updating the bios on a motherboard... I dont do it unless I have to. And I recently built a server which seems to be even more finicky, and in addition to the BIOS has like 3 other firmwares that need to be flashed to the motherboard for various things.

Anyways, the updating process took a while, which was annoying, but at least I am hopefully done with that for a while. Its a little frustrating the whole procedure especially when there is no real feedback on whats going on. There is no way for me to tell the firmware is even updating, just turn it on and wait 20 minutes, then hope it updates. Hopefully there will be a more user friendly procedure at some point with maybe the option to choose when to start it, especially because forcing firmware updates on people is not necessarily the best solution, especially with the potential for failure (as slim as it might be).

But, I got it up and running. The new Poly connects to my network at home just fine and I had no issues playing stuff back earlier today (though it would be nice to have gapless playback...). I am currently topping off the poly and mojo batteries right now. Hopefully if I leave it for a week I will come back to a full (or very nearly full) battery and not one that is halfway drained.

Apr 27, 2018 at 6:50 PM Post #9,268 of 18,893
Thank you for letting me know. So your unit wasn't on charge at the time ( which keeps Poly switched on ) and had definitely been switched off and on twice after the updating?

As I mentioned before if anyone else has this issue please email info@chordelectronics.co.uk so we can log all the instances.

Matt
I had been on the new firmware for about a week, happily using my Poly on travel. So it had definitely been switched on and off many times. I don’t recall if it was charging at the time of the “freeze”. I was using Go Figure to switch modes at the time.

Apr 27, 2018 at 6:57 PM Post #9,269 of 18,893
Roon on my home network and Poly over AirPlay with the Poly in hotspot mode are both working great for me.

I’ve just started using the SD card for the first time. After some experimenting, I manually created the m3u file on the card, deleted the database file, and then Poly was able to see the playlists with Quickplay. It plays the playlists, but about every ten seconds there is a tiny dropout in sound. I tried putting the Poly in airplane mode and turned off all transmissions on my phone, cellular, Bluetooth, and WiFi. I still get the dropouts. I will go back to AirPlay mode now, as it’s not really usable like this. Have others had similar problems?

I also have an annoyance in Quickplay where playlists keep coming and going. I just restart the app and refresh when they disappear and they come back.

Apr 28, 2018 at 7:54 AM Post #9,270 of 18,893
I am sitting here and looking at mojo/poly and hugo2 in their leather Van Nuy’s cases and I have to admit, they look excellent, so nice that I have just decided to order another Van Nuy’s case for each so that I have back up’s, as I know for a fact that mojo/poly’s case will eventually take a beating, hugo2 not so much.

At the moment, although I use mojo/poly alot, its basically just sitting next to me on a soft surface and I can see some little scratch marks on the leather already and I am super careful with mojo/poly.

Ok, its no big deal if I dont get another van nuys case as I have chord’s mojo/poly case as an emergency fallback, but, the chord / van nuys premium case is sooo much nicer.

I am happy that poly is behaving now and that I do not have to continually chastise her.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back