Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 14, 2018 at 1:29 PM Post #8,975 of 18,896
Update: Heather’s Poly is working seamlessly. She’s learned hot spot and Glidr is great.

Recently she was using Audirvanna to send library right to Poly while working in office at home.

The SD card means a large collection of music going any and everywhere.

This is why she got Poly. She loves it.

Apr 14, 2018 at 2:28 PM Post #8,976 of 18,896
I wish you very good luck!
Status update: failed
There were quite a few Belgian beers at the supermarket, but not the one you were drinking.
Virtually all the belgian beers on display are amber beers, which did make your beer just that bit different.
Never mind, I will file the info away, and eventually I will stumble upon some. :slight_smile:

Apr 15, 2018 at 7:40 AM Post #8,978 of 18,896
How to make a playlist for Gofigure
1) Put Poly on the same WiFi network as the computer running Cantata https://github.com/CDrummond/cantata/releases
2) Run Cantata
3)Press - Preferences
Name - any
Host - Poly IP (can see in wifi router or in Gofigure) and press OK
4)go to Folders menu in left side
5) right click on music folder - select add to playlist
6) enter play list name
press ok
7)run Gofigure - enjoy!
N.B. on next reboot Poly Refresh DLNA database - P-status -flash "red and blue" -
because Cantata create new playlist in root of SD card. Wait to complite!

Do I need to put the files in any specific folder structure or enter anything other than the IP address and port in Cantata? I got it connected but when I browse to "folders", I see no files.

I should confirm, I have files on the SD card and I'm able to play them from Glider when in hotspot mode and using the Poly as the DLNA source.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2018 at 8:10 AM Post #8,980 of 18,896
No, it is doesn’t need. Poly with SD card and pc with Cantata must be connected to one router. or pc must be connected to Poly hot spot. Hmm... in this moment Poly should not play music over AirPlay or DLNA

Thanks, but that didn't work. I can see the Poly from the Mac, and from the iPhone all connected to the same network. You did give me the idea that it might be because Google Wifi doesn't allow you to separate the 2.4 and 5Ghz networks, so the Mac is on 5Ghz and the poly is on the 2.4Ghz. I connected the Mac directly to the hotspot on the Poly though and the behaviour is the same after updating Cantata with the new IP.

EDIT: Found it. The first time you connect you need to go to Music -> Refresh Database. This loads the data from the card into Cantata.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2018 at 8:51 AM Post #8,983 of 18,896
Further playing with Cantata didn't give better results. I reformatted the SD card (ExFAT) and copied music back on it, recreated the playlists in Cantata and re-indexed. I saw the RGB light flash, but still no playlists. I'm also seeing no capacity or song information on the general settings page.

Glider plays the tracks on the card fine, so it works, but just the Poly isn't seeing it.

If anyone knows how to do a full factory reset, that would be my next option.

Apr 15, 2018 at 8:54 AM Post #8,984 of 18,896
Further playing with Cantata didn't give better results. I reformatted the SD card (ExFAT) and copied music back on it, recreated the playlists in Cantata and re-indexed. I saw the RGB light flash, but still no playlists. I'm also seeing no capacity or song information on the general settings page.

Glider plays the tracks on the card fine, so it works, but just the Poly isn't seeing it.

If anyone knows how to do a full factory reset, that would be my next option.
Please post a few lines from one of those playlists. I seriously doubt formatting the card will help. Also, are those playlists in the root?

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2018 at 9:02 AM Post #8,985 of 18,896
For those of you on Mac who use iTunes, I just did a video run through of how Dapper is set up to sync your library to your MicroSD card. It formats things for use with the Poly/GoFigure QuickPlay and DLNS apps and also creates album playlists automagically:

I’ve found that large playlists won’t work with GoFigure. The playlist appears in the list but won’t play.

Do you know if there’s a maximum list size that’s supported? It’s a shame as I was hoping to use GoFigure to shuffle all songs on my SD card.

Also, has anyone worked out the logic for how the playlists are sorted? It’s not alphabetical, file size or date created. Just seems totally random. This could be a nightmare if you have a lot of playlists...

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back