Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Feb 26, 2018 at 12:49 PM Post #7,293 of 18,757
If it was my business, I would not offer public beta test among posters here.
I would not yield my protected technical information to Apple, either.

Hey Peter,
Could you please elaborate on the first part please? Is there any specific concern you have in mind?

I thought it would be a good idea to offer the option to beta test GoFigure to anyone who is interested in this forum.
Joe is pretty much doing this for Glider and it works great so far.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2018 at 12:52 PM Post #7,294 of 18,757
I think a general offer for beta testing would be unwise. They'd likely get even non poly owners to volunteer. This is drawn from the depth and incessant nature of some posted complaints. We'd likely have the linguistic equivalent of Go Figure at the bottom of a lake.

I do think it would be wise to ask some here, but not a general offer. I'd love to be part of beta testing. I think a few others would do quite well, too and would likely do a better job than I would, since some have better technology skills.

I'm a beta tester for Joe and appreciate his work.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2018 at 1:41 PM Post #7,296 of 18,757
... They'd likely get even non poly owners to volunteer. ...

So non-Poly owners would offer to beta test an app specifically made for Poly? I doubt that would happen since it doesn't make any sense. Also, Chord could validate the sincerity of the beta test applicant by requesting the Poly serial number in addition to the user's email address when registering. Cambridge Audio did it this way when looking for beta test volunteers to assess their Cambridge Connect app for CXN & 851N streamers which I complied with.

If it was my business, I would not offer public beta test among posters here. Volunteers would likely even include non poly owners.
I would not yield my protected technical information to Apple, either.

You would not get very far in the App + Hardware business then.

Feb 26, 2018 at 2:01 PM Post #7,297 of 18,757
I think Chord are right not to offer public Beta testing as judging by the way this thread has gone at times, it would be a complete car crash

Feb 26, 2018 at 3:09 PM Post #7,298 of 18,757
Yes it does seem odd. From what I've read Apple do a review of the first beta, and then quicker reviews of any updates to that. There seems to be a recent spurt of beta users indicating GoFigure app being available for some testers.

If that is the case then if Chord are trying to get the full app to the Apple store it surely it would not take so long.

Perhaps the app Chord is indicating that Apple have for review is the first beta. Based on the history of Chord and this app we could be months away from a release.

I'm over the speculation and for us trying to figure what is going on. I think it is about time for CHORD to do an official update on the app state. So @Matt Bartlett can you please give us a straight honest explanation of why the app that was meant to be released last November (chord words) hasn't yet seen the light? I'm part of the few lucky without issues that loves Poly, but I think is enough of excuses when it comes to a fundamental part of your product that should've been ready, tested, and fully functional since day one. Thank you

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2018 at 3:30 PM Post #7,300 of 18,757
I think Chord are right not to offer public Beta testing as judging by the way this thread has gone at times, it would be a complete car crash

I still think Chord could have offered up some sort of limited public beta test, with NDA's and other precautions in place. But it's their decision on how things are handled. I'm just another slightly annoyed Poly owner. I doubt the GoFigure app would help me anyway since my Poly has the power on issue. Replacement is in the works and I'm satisfied that when all is said and done the MojoPoly experience will become fantastic.

Your "car crash" comment inspired me to think of this analogy.

Ford (it rhymes) are selling a new car (Poly) designed to harmoniously mate with an existing engine (Mojo). The car is bought/pre-ordered eagerly by customers who after reading Ford's brochure (Poly product sheet) think this will be great. But upon receiving the car are told that the steering wheel (GoFigure app) will be shortly (and then significantly) delayed. "But what shall we do in the mean time with this? How will enjoy our cars?" Ford suggests using the tow truck (Config Tool) that brought the car to them in the first place to pull them around.

I can see why there's some disgruntled folk here. As for me, my car continues to sit in the garage waiting for the ignition repair. :jecklinsmile:

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2018 at 4:12 PM Post #7,301 of 18,757
I still think Chord could have offered up some sort of limited public beta test, with NDA's and other precautions in place. But it's their decision on how things are handled. I'm just another slightly annoyed Poly owner. I doubt the GoFigure app would help me anyway since my Poly has the power on issue. Replacement is in the works and I'm satisfied that when all is said and done the MojoPoly experience will become fantastic.

Your "car crash" comment inspired me to think of this analogy.

Ford (it rhymes) are selling a new car (Poly) designed to harmoniously mate with an existing engine (Mojo). The car is bought/pre-ordered eagerly by customers who after reading Ford's brochure (Poly product sheet) think this will be great. But upon receiving the car are told that the steering wheel (GoFigure app) will be shortly (and then significantly) delayed. "But what shall we do in the mean time with this? How will enjoy our cars?" Ford suggests using the tow truck (Config Tool) that brought the car to them in the first place to pull them around.

I can see why there's some disgruntled folk here. As for me, my car continues to sit in the garage waiting for the ignition repair. :jecklinsmile:

I like your analogy and for the most part agree, however for me I see Chord as being more like a small bespoke car maker along the lines of Noble here in the UK. They’ve made a product which they believed would set the world alight but have misjudged many aspects of the market due to demand and poor planning etc etc, however unlike a big company like Ford or in audio terms Sony or Apple it is probably harder for them to throw the required resources in a timely manner that the ‘big boys’ can manage.

Now don’t get me wrong I totally understand the frustration on here over the months, but some of the comments have been way too personal or just plain unfounded.

My Poly seems ok but then I haven’t tried it for Roon but it works fine for Tidal and Glider.

Feb 26, 2018 at 4:21 PM Post #7,302 of 18,757
So non-Poly owners would offer to beta test an app specifically made for Poly? I doubt that would happen since it doesn't make any sense. Also, Chord could validate the sincerity of the beta test applicant by requesting the Poly serial number in addition to the user's email address when registering. Cambridge Audio did it this way when looking for beta test volunteers to assess their Cambridge Connect app for CXN & 851N streamers which I complied with.

Read through the posts and you'll likely grasp the meaning.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2018 at 4:52 PM Post #7,303 of 18,757
I like your analogy and for the most part agree, however for me I see Chord as being more like a small bespoke car maker along the lines of Noble here in the UK. ...

I concur. We can go with Noble. Like I indicated, Ford rhymes with Chord. That is all. :wink:

Feb 27, 2018 at 3:33 AM Post #7,304 of 18,757
So... I have to confess to being weird. I purchased Poly at the end of October, and when I realised how early-stage the software development was, and the general hubris on here, I returned it. However, I've followed this thread closely and have been impressed by Matt's willingness to get things fixed, so I've bought back in. Picked up yesterday, applied all the software updates without any problems, checked connectivity with the fabulous Glider (please can I go on the beta list?) and going to have a proper play later on. Fingers crossed this proves to be the correct decision!

Feb 27, 2018 at 4:07 AM Post #7,305 of 18,757
for polymaniac did you consider taking out poly health insurance cover while you were there:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::L3000:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back