Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Feb 28, 2018 at 10:08 AM Post #7,321 of 18,836
Any one else still having problems with gapless playback with Glider 1.8? It seems to come and go of it’s own accord. It’s Frustrating.

Does mpd deluxe now accept ALAC Files? I need to run a comparison if I can.

Try switching the Poly off and on again, force quit Glider and restart the app... should now work...

Can't speak for MPDeluxe as it never worked with my previous (first) Poly and I got refunded for the app, never re-purchased since I always stayed with Glider since.
Anyone else using ALAC files with MPDeluxe successfully?

Feb 28, 2018 at 12:13 PM Post #7,322 of 18,836
@Matt Bartlett @Mojo ideas I have been having some issues lately and wanted to check with you guys to see if its something I should be in touch with your support about. My battery life on my poly has been nowhere near advertised. And in fact seems to be draining at a fairly significant rate even when I am not using the poly. For example, today, I went to turn on the mojo and poly to do some listening after maybe not using it for two weeks. The mojo turned on with a green battery light. The poly... dead. Didnt turn on at all. This also seems to be a pattern when I am using it, the poly seems to jump down battery levels faster than the mojo, which if I understand correctly should not be the case since the mojo is rated for 8 hours and the poly for 9. I usually charge them together with a charger that puts out 3amps at 5v, which I believe should be adequate based on given specs.

Do I need to be in touch with support to possibly look at getting a replacement, or is there something I am just missing here? Should the poly be draining battery like that when not powered on? Should it be draining faster than the mojo? Is there some issue with it not charging up to full when charging together?

Feb 28, 2018 at 12:48 PM Post #7,323 of 18,836
You need a charger with at least 2A rating otherwise you won't fully charge both. Several have encountered this issue and seen it resolved by using a better rated charger - not that I can guarantee that is the problem in your case.

If you use the Poly hotspot the run time will not be 9 hours.

Feb 28, 2018 at 12:54 PM Post #7,324 of 18,836
You need a charger with at least 2A rating otherwise you won't fully charge both. Several have encountered this issue and seen it resolved by using a better rated charger - not that I can guarantee that is the problem in your case.

I've been questioning the battery life also. I also notice sometimes it doesn't seem to charge the Mojo properly whilst they're paired together, even after an all night charge, with a decent charger.

Feb 28, 2018 at 1:27 PM Post #7,325 of 18,836
@Matt Bartlett @Mojo ideas I have been having some issues lately and wanted to check with you guys to see if its something I should be in touch with your support about. My battery life on my poly has been nowhere near advertised. And in fact seems to be draining at a fairly significant rate even when I am not using the poly. For example, today, I went to turn on the mojo and poly to do some listening after maybe not using it for two weeks. The mojo turned on with a green battery light. The poly... dead. Didnt turn on at all.

I have experienced similar issue with my Poly. It seems Poly battery is drained when is plugged to the Mojo and not in use while Mojo keeps the charge intact. BTW my Poly is one of the latest units with serial number 24XXX

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2018 at 1:51 PM Post #7,326 of 18,836

I said in my post that my charger at 5V outputs 3A. It was the recommended charger from moon audio where I purchased it. I am confident the charger is not the reason. And I am positive that the charger has absolutely nothing to do with the poly losing its charge when sitting idle. Yet, it still doesnt seem to charge completely or correctly and the poly always drains quicker (according to the status light at least) than the mojo.

I also dont use the poly in hotspot mode normally, this is with dlna streaming and sometimes streaming over bluetooth.

I just havent been given a straight answer, and would like to hear directly from chord, and I am wondering if this is something I should contact their support about.

Feb 28, 2018 at 2:40 PM Post #7,327 of 18,836
^
Are you certain it's a charge issue and not just a "power on" issue? If the Poly does not power on when the Mojo is powered on have you tried plugging the Poly to AC and see if the power light comes ? If it does, then unplug it and see if the power remains on while Mojo is on. If it stays on then it's a power signal issue. If it goes off immediately then yes, a charging/depletion problem.

My Poly has the 'power on' problem even with a full recent charge. Either way, contacting Chord support through their official site contact would be a good idea.

Feb 28, 2018 at 6:35 PM Post #7,329 of 18,836
I was thinking of doing some battery tests. Im interested to know from @Matt Bartlett etc which are the recommended circumstances/setup to get the quoted 9 hour average playback time.

Maybe when you have something like this https://smile.amazon.com/TalentCell...pID=41sxc8iyMpL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch. attached. I too have not been getting very long playtimes. Since I almost always have a laptop and/or am sitting in a plane with power outlets, I try to keep Mojo/Poly charging all the time. I have no idea if this effects battery life. Mojo/Poly lasts long enough on batteries to serve 95+% of my needs. Bigger batteries would make the unit bigger and heavier.

Feb 28, 2018 at 7:52 PM Post #7,331 of 18,836
^
Are you certain it's a charge issue and not just a "power on" issue? If the Poly does not power on when the Mojo is powered on have you tried plugging the Poly to AC and see if the power light comes ? If it does, then unplug it and see if the power remains on while Mojo is on. If it stays on then it's a power signal issue. If it goes off immediately then yes, a charging/depletion problem.

My Poly has the 'power on' problem even with a full recent charge. Either way, contacting Chord support through their official site contact would be a good idea.

Pretty sure. I have never really had any power on issues like others have reported, except maybe once. And even then my guess is the battery was low. This time around the battery was just dead. And I at least saw some charging behavior I hadnt seen before. I charged the mojo and poly together, mojo shut off first then poly kept charging for a few hours. So thats promising at least and tells me that hopefully its at least charging normally. But its either losing charge quicker than the mojo (which it shouldnt based on stated battery life) or it just drains on its own when its not powered on.

I will try doing some listening tomorrow and see which battery light dips down first. My bet is still going to be on the poly since thats what seems to happen every time for me. At least this way there wont be any inbetween time for the poly to magically drain on its own.

I will probably contact support, since it seems like the chord guys are not very active right now, and its a bit concerning that the mojo loses no charge when powered off, but the poly can die from a relatively short period.

Feb 28, 2018 at 10:27 PM Post #7,332 of 18,836
I think there is a theory floating around that Poly never actually turned off (Need confirmation from Chord). It runs in low power mode when Mojo is off and turn itself on once detect current from Mojo. So that fact that you are leaving PolyMojo for weeks and find out that Poly is out of battery may be due to this.
In my daily use, Poly out run my Mojo battery wise.

Feb 28, 2018 at 10:45 PM Post #7,333 of 18,836
I think there is a theory floating around that Poly never actually turned off (Need confirmation from Chord). It runs in low power mode when Mojo is off and turn itself on once detect current from Mojo. So that fact that you are leaving PolyMojo for weeks and find out that Poly is out of battery may be due to this.
In my daily use, Poly out run my Mojo battery wise.

That would be good to get confirmation one way or another from chord, but that would be disappointing if thats what was happening because for those of us who dont use it super often it means our batteries are going to be dead unless we plan to charge ahead.

But, my poly still runs out of juice before the mojo even with daily use or usage right after charging. And that to me seems wrong. And whatever the reason, the end result is that the mojo battery outlasts the poly battery for me, even though poly battery is advertised to last an hour longer than mojo.

Mar 1, 2018 at 3:27 AM Post #7,335 of 18,836
In the absence of any update from Chord we are still supposed to believe that Apple are taking their time reviewing the app/hardware!!

More likely it had a timely rejection and the normal slow development pace has kicked back in whilst Chord try to fix the bugs. If the don't comment they think they won't be blamed for the delay and won't need to update us with the reality and who is actually making the app (available for iPhone & Android - as was stated in the manual on purchase November last year) delayed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back