Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Feb 25, 2018 at 5:16 AM Post #7,276 of 18,752
Anyone have any tips on how to keep bubbleupnp on android to stay connected? I get random drop outs and have to select the poly as the renderer again before I can play another song. There is no rhyme or reason to the drops, some times lasts a whole song and others just a few seconds. Multiple networks, multiple android sources and I can't figure it out.

Some where in this thread I remember someone talking about specific parameters that could help. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
That's my experience of Poly with Bubble and other DLNA apps - unreliable connectivity so I've stopped using them. I've come to the conclusion that its just a fault in the current firmware that needs to be fixed at Chord's end.

Feb 25, 2018 at 9:25 AM Post #7,278 of 18,752
Didn’t he say that he’s using Glider for MPD, but admitted that it was the Flac duplicate versions that catalog fine instead of the mp3s?

Feb 25, 2018 at 9:54 AM Post #7,279 of 18,752
Oh I must have missed that. Last thing he said was that mp3s were working fine for them at Chord, so I wanted to try and duplicate that. FLACs are working beautifully, but not MP3s or DSFFs here.

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2018 at 9:58 AM Post #7,280 of 18,752
Sorry, I'm mistaken... he said that about .aiff files ... that his .flac versions showed up fine... my bad.
Glider displays mp3 files fine but then I remember that you're an Android user...

Feb 25, 2018 at 11:05 AM Post #7,281 of 18,752
At least, the App-Icon looks nice...

Source: Darkoaudio-Tweet (he is betatesting the app)

92EAF46C-5206-4029-AC8B-C6AD413D0178.jpeg

Feb 25, 2018 at 12:11 PM Post #7,282 of 18,752
At least, the App-Icon looks nice...

Source: Darkoaudio-Tweet (he is betatesting the app)

Why can't all of us current Poly owners, especially the ones who pre-ordered well before the delayed launch, be beta testers? It's ridiculous how long this has been taking.

Feb 25, 2018 at 12:42 PM Post #7,283 of 18,752
Why can't all of us current Poly owners, especially the ones who pre-ordered well before the delayed launch, be beta testers? It's ridiculous how long this has been taking.

So true...

Maybe there are a few testers here on this thread under NDA.

And we are still not there yet, APPLE and/or CHORD are still struggeling to get this thing out the door, whatever holding them back.

Whatever, it's not fun anymore. When Darko gets a Testflight Account for GoFigure, then, why did CHORD not give some of us also the possiblility to test? Or at least tell us that they have selected a few from this thread for Testing and give all the others more info on what is coming (Screenshots, Functions, etc.)? How good the Sound of MojoPoly is, whenever i turn this thing on, the smile on my face is nearly gone, because i can't use it to it's fullest capability. For example i was in a clinic for 2 weeks, my wife brought the mojopoly with my sennheisers, but i couldn't use it because that damn thing was in Roon-Mode and i had no config-tool at hand. So i had to ask the doctor for a injection into the config-hole to get this thing in the right mode (no, it was not fun!).

Feb 25, 2018 at 12:49 PM Post #7,284 of 18,752
So true...
... i had no config-tool at hand. So i had to ask the doctor for a injection into the config-hole to get this thing in the right mode (no, it was not fun!).

There you have it, folks. You know things are bad when Medical Services have to get involved to help with your Poly.

Sad, yet funny. :)

Feb 25, 2018 at 8:36 PM Post #7,286 of 18,752
I think a further problem has happened. It’s about a week for approval once they receive the hardware. Maybe they requested changes?
I’m beginning to wonder if the Poly/gofigure combo is a problem for Apple from a security standpoint. The poly being the Swiss Army knife of connectivity that it is, I could totally see some of the functionality being restricted in App Store app policy. If this gadget opens new territory for Apple, they probably get to decide what functionality to allow the iPhone app to have, not Chord. Who the heck knows what’s really going on anymore. At this point I’m half expecting a pre-2018 production Poly recall, especially considering all the hush hush on problematic serial number ranges despite repeated requests from customers who are concerned due to the recent widespread RMA swapping-out of early production Polys. Something is rotten in the State of Denmark...

Feb 25, 2018 at 10:19 PM Post #7,287 of 18,752
It does seem odd but one never knows what goes through the mind(s) of an Apple. I raised the security issue a week or two ago and there were comments by other posters and Chord that pretty much laid it to rest. In fact, IIRC, GoFigure improves security through encryption and maybe a password (?). It's wait and see. My brand new Hugo-2 is sounding good but it may never have a 2GO attached because I don't need it and I am not so sure I want to beta test again.

I can understand why Chord would not want to give serial numbers which might reveal the scope of the recall but personally I think that's a prideful mistake. Chord is replacing my Poly so the point is moot for me.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2018 at 6:57 AM Post #7,288 of 18,752
Yes it does seem odd. From what I've read Apple do a review of the first beta, and then quicker reviews of any updates to that. There seems to be a recent spurt of beta users indicating GoFigure app being available for some testers.

If that is the case then if Chord are trying to get the full app to the Apple store it surely it would not take so long.

Perhaps the app Chord is indicating that Apple have for review is the first beta. Based on the history of Chord and this app we could be months away from a release.

Feb 26, 2018 at 9:48 AM Post #7,289 of 18,752
Yes it does seem odd. From what I've read Apple do a review of the first beta, and then quicker reviews of any updates to that. There seems to be a recent spurt of beta users indicating GoFigure app being available for some testers.

If that is the case then if Chord are trying to get the full app to the Apple store it surely it would not take so long.

Perhaps the app Chord is indicating that Apple have for review is the first beta. Based on the history of Chord and this app we could be months away from a release.

I’m thinking the recent addition of Bluetooth encryption to the gofigure app might be a precondition to be on the App Store... I wonder what else is in the way of approval...

Feb 26, 2018 at 12:20 PM Post #7,290 of 18,752
So true...

Maybe there are a few testers here on this thread under NDA.

And we are still not there yet, APPLE and/or CHORD are still struggeling to get this thing out the door, whatever holding them back.

Whatever, it's not fun anymore. When Darko gets a Testflight Account for GoFigure, then, why did CHORD not give some of us also the possiblility to test? Or at least tell us that they have selected a few from this thread for Testing and give all the others more info on what is coming (Screenshots, Functions, etc.)? How good the Sound of MojoPoly is, whenever i turn this thing on, the smile on my face is nearly gone, because i can't use it to it's fullest capability. For example i was in a clinic for 2 weeks, my wife brought the mojopoly with my sennheisers, but i couldn't use it because that damn thing was in Roon-Mode and i had no config-tool at hand. So i had to ask the doctor for a injection into the config-hole to get this thing in the right mode (no, it was not fun!).

If it was my business, I would not offer public beta test among posters here. Volunteers would likely even include non poly owners.
I would not yield my protected technical information to Apple, either.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back