Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jan 31, 2018 at 6:17 PM Post #6,436 of 18,792
I dont know, but mine starts with PO02****

So if they are actually starting at the 2 in the way they number them, then their is atleast 20000 polys, my guess is unlikely at this point in time so I will go further and take a guess and say my poly starting with PO02 might be in amongst either the first 20 thousand or within the first 1000 polys made.

That tells you the next number after the 2 is a 0.

Gotta go, mojo is squealing so it looks like its basically fully charged, time to go test using the new firmware via battery power alone.

This makes sense. My SN starts with P02 and then would appear my Poly was in the 2nd thousand batch. Mojo starts with M02 and the 4 digits after that appear to be a slightly different font size, but apparently in the first 5000 units made? It was a preorder also.

Jan 31, 2018 at 6:29 PM Post #6,437 of 18,792
Damn, they are into the 5000s, crap if their is a faulty batch at the beginning my SN has a high chance of being amongst them.

Oh Poop.

Jan 31, 2018 at 6:34 PM Post #6,438 of 18,792
Damn, they are into the 5000s, crap if their is a faulty batch at the beginning my SN has a high chance of being amongst them.

Oh Poop.

Don't know...M024xxx is my Mojo. Poly indicated under 1800. But, we've heard over 3000, so likely over 5000. Remember, technically no Polys are affected - only Mojos. And we don't know for sure if it was early Mojos, some other batch, or certain component batches. But, if the fundamental mechanism by which Poly senses it needs to turn on is now different (not Mojo voltage but some other trigger), it could be presumed that all pre-changeover Polys should be replaced to guarantee that they work with all Mojos in the wild going forward.

Jan 31, 2018 at 6:54 PM Post #6,439 of 18,792
My mojo is MO47, its never had problems turning poly on, only real problem I have had with my mojo is it makes a buzzing noise when its a pube hair from being fully charged and the length the battery lasts for isnt 8-10 hours as quoted, it never has been but thats ok because I carry a battery backup with me.

To be honest, I am in the middle of deciding either to buy another mojo and depending on what one out of the two has the best battery length, using that as a portable dac/amp and leaving the other one attached to my computer permanently or ponying up for hugo 2 to connect to my computer instead.

Its a hard decision to make at this precise moment in time due to problems with getting poly to behave, thus far the new firmware seems to of helped, fingers crossed it continues.

Jan 31, 2018 at 7:10 PM Post #6,440 of 18,792
My mojo is MO47, its never had problems turning poly on, only real problem I have had with my mojo is it makes a buzzing noise when its a pube hair from being fully charged and the length the battery lasts for isnt 8-10 hours as quoted, it never has been but thats ok because I carry a battery backup with me.

To be honest, I am in the middle of deciding either to buy another mojo and depending on what one out of the two has the best battery length, using that as a portable dac/amp and leaving the other one attached to my computer permanently or ponying up for hugo 2 to connect to my computer instead.

Its a hard decision to make at this precise moment in time due to problems with getting poly to behave, thus far the new firmware seems to of helped, fingers crossed it continues.

if you have no problems turning Poly on, then what does it matter?!

Jan 31, 2018 at 7:41 PM Post #6,441 of 18,792
if you have no problems turning Poly on, then what does it matter?!

Their is/was more problems than just turning poly on, for example, until tonight I couldnt get past one or two songs before it would drop and not reconnect or not even connect in the first place.

No matter what mode, it had problems connecting and dropping connection.

Jan 31, 2018 at 8:06 PM Post #6,442 of 18,792
Is anyone's mojo/poly slightly off?/ bent at the connection?
It could be either poly or mojo, noticed a few Mm of offside.

I dont mind this, it does not affect use just wondering if anyone else experienced this

Yea mine's pretty jank as well

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2018 at 9:52 PM Post #6,445 of 18,792
@Matt Bartlett and @John Franks can either of you tell me why playing off the SDCard cuts/drops out? I have been patient hoping the 1.0.17 would fix these problems, but no same as it ever was. I’ve given up on streaming music over WiFi. The only thing that works for me is doing everything over Bluetooth, which makes this a real expensive hunk of junk for my needs.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2018 at 9:57 PM Post #6,446 of 18,792
With 10.0.10 firmware, after about an hour of listening battery status, changed to green. But with the latest firmware, I could listen almost three albums before it changed to green.I listened with Grado SR325 headphones on low volume and Mojo/Poly were fully charged.

You mean 1.0.10 f/w correct? Otherwise your Poly has built in time machine to the FUTURE which is pretty awesome. Someone several posts ago reported receiving 1.0.15 f/w pre-installed on their replacement Poly so new update must be imminent.

Jan 31, 2018 at 10:02 PM Post #6,447 of 18,792
You mean 1.0.10 f/w correct? Otherwise your Poly has built in time machine to the FUTURE which is pretty awesome. Someone several posts ago reported receiving 1.0.15 f/w pre-installed on their replacement Poly so new update must be imminent.

We have 1.0.17 now, so 1.0.15 must have been a non-pushed interim update.

Jan 31, 2018 at 10:13 PM Post #6,448 of 18,792
We have 1.0.17 now, so 1.0.15 must have been a non-pushed interim update.

Holy crap! Mind BLOWN!

:beyersmile:

[edit]- Apparently I was behind a few pages of posts that transpired today. Now I just saw the Chord post about 1.0.17. Updating Poly now....

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2018 at 10:34 PM Post #6,449 of 18,792
My poly has updated firmware. For past two days I have not been able to see poly as DLNA server in 8player but the poly shows up under the renderer as a play to device. Bluetooth and airplay seem to work, but am wondering if 8player or new firmware is to blame.

Any suggestions on a fix?

Jan 31, 2018 at 10:43 PM Post #6,450 of 18,792
My poly has updated firmware. For past two days I have not been able to see poly as DLNA server in 8player but the poly shows up under the renderer as a play to device. Bluetooth and airplay seem to work, but am wondering if 8player or new firmware is to blame.

Any suggestions on a fix?

That is exact same problem I had, the cure for me was updating to 1.0.17, now poly shows and plays in most apps straight away, still have the odd dropout but its sooooooooo much better, also whn it does drop it now takes seconds to reconnect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back