Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jan 18, 2018 at 11:54 PM Post #5,987 of 18,889
^
Just stay away from bodies of water. :wink:

Jan 19, 2018 at 5:18 AM Post #5,988 of 18,889
What about Android users??
Good question. I'm hoping the App will fix things for Android users, for me the biggest requirement is to use Bluetooth playback, I really don't want to use Wifi for streaming with this device when mobile, to me DLNA, Airplay etc feel too clunky for mobile use and drains batteries quicker in my experience.

There's nothing in BT playback to be fixed I think, unless you refer to BT control of internal SD playback. which would be very nice indeed for the people who prefer to use their SD as a main source of music for Poly.

That being said, Android is probably the lowest priority possible for Chord, the same as for other companies, who prefer to develop software for apple and leave it that way, claiming that they will release Android version... some day.

This is probably related to the fact, that Android is still perceived as a budget solution, for people who can't afford iphones (which is ridiculous approach nowadays, since the prices (and quality) are very similar in the top range), and if they can't afford iphones, they won't buy MojoPoly, would they?... Which in my opinion is the very reason most of companies don't give a damn about android users. Which is wrong.
Other reason might be that Android users are often creative and self-reliant, so they make what they can with what they have and are accustomed to improvising, sometimes with good results. iphone is simply a no brainer, so without support iphone users would be lost and would not buy, so they must be cared for. It seems that we (android users) are the victims of our own resourcefulness.
I'm also struggling with battery life. I carry 2 powerbanks with me now (not to mention huge extended battery for my phone).

Jan 19, 2018 at 5:41 AM Post #5,989 of 18,889
There's nothing in BT playback to be fixed I think, unless you refer to BT control of internal SD playback. which would be very nice indeed for the people who prefer to use their SD as a main source of music for Poly.

That being said, Android is probably the lowest priority possible for Chord, the same as for other companies, who prefer to develop software for apple and leave it that way, claiming that they will release Android version... some day.

This is probably related to the fact, that Android is still perceived as a budget solution, for people who can't afford iphones (which is ridiculous approach nowadays, since the prices (and quality) are very similar in the top range), and if they can't afford iphones, they won't buy MojoPoly, would they?... Which in my opinion is the very reason most of companies don't give a damn about android users. Which is wrong.
Other reason might be that Android users are often creative and self-reliant, so they make what they can with what they have and are accustomed to improvising, sometimes with good results. iphone is simply a no brainer, so without support iphone users would be lost and would not buy, so they must be cared for. It seems that we (android users) are the victims of our own resourcefulness.
I'm also struggling with battery life. I carry 2 powerbanks with me now (not to mention huge extended battery for my phone).
We are running concurrent development for the Android version of Our Go Figure App However this is running about six weeks behind. It is certainly not the case that we consider Android users a lower priority at all.

Jan 19, 2018 at 6:10 AM Post #5,990 of 18,889
Glad to hear this, John. As an Android user, and a first-time buyer of Chord products with the Mojo/Poly combo, I was beginning to feel a little left out.

It's always a gamble when you buy an enthusiast product, as you're not going to have a massive user base to draw support from. If Chord doesn't nail its own software, we have... Glider (?) on the horizon - and this is certainly not promised for Android.

I love that Roon works as well as it does already, but for other purposes a good music playing app for the SD card is what I'm personally holding out hope for. This is a baseline requirement when you advertise on-board storage with playback, insofar as I'm concerned.

Please take your time with the app and get it right. I don't want to have to use BubbleUPnP (I know, entitlement, 1st World Country Problems, etc.), and the prospect of Mojo/Poly as an all-in-one package remains tantalising.

Jan 19, 2018 at 6:23 AM Post #5,991 of 18,889
Hi @NaiveSound I'm disappointed you feel this way after I tried everything to help you. I'm not going to comment further as I don't want to take the thread OT.
Hi all I’d just like to take a moment to update my poly status I recently purchased a poly on eBay when it arrived I couldn’t put it into access mode know matter what I tried so I contacted my eBay seller who would not reply to my messages so i was left with a broken poly!! Then i saw this forum while searching for solutions to try and get it working to no avail. anyway I contacted @mattbartlett through this forum we came to the conclusion that my poly was damaged so he told me to send it to Mitch Duce at chord Electronics for further inspection who deduced that the micro switch in the config hole had broken off. Which chord repaired for me. now my poly works without any problems all be it a bit fiddly doing the whole config process. I would like to thank Matt and Mitch plus chord for helping me out much appreciated am now looking forward to the release of the Gofigure app to make things a lot easier hopefully! does anybody know when this will be released? Thanks Again

Jan 19, 2018 at 6:32 AM Post #5,992 of 18,889
Hi all I’d just like to take a moment to update my poly status I recently purchased a poly on eBay when it arrived I couldn’t put it into access mode know matter what I tried so I contacted my eBay seller who would not reply to my messages so i was left with a broken poly!! Then i saw this forum while searching for solutions to try and get it working to no avail. anyway I contacted @mattbartlett through this forum we came to the conclusion that my poly was damaged so he told me to send it to Mitch Duce at chord Electronics for further inspection who deduced that the micro switch in the config hole had broken off. Which chord repaired for me. now my poly works without any problems all be it a bit fiddly doing the whole config process. I would like to thank Matt and Mitch plus chord for helping me out much appreciated am now looking forward to the release of the Gofigure app to make things a lot easier hopefully! does anybody know when this will be released? Thanks Again

I think that your experience matches many of us here. Chord are truly honourable people and stand behind their products. I had a very recent similar experience where Chord went above and beyond. What you clearly know, Thelungz, is that in this world if you are polite and ask for help people respond. When people choose public rudeness they are often less likely to get satisfaction.

Jan 19, 2018 at 6:41 AM Post #5,994 of 18,889
hello john hope you are well. i am taking home a poly tomorrow on a trial and would like to know if charging whilst playing is ok with mojo/poly? for eg as i use it at home with roon at my desk can i leave it plugged in and does mojopoly charge once switched off and then will the charger switch off once fully charged similarly to mojo/hugo 2 charge cycle. thanks mk//if anyone can help me here?

MojoPoly playing music this morning, I flicked the power switch to charge them both. No change in sound, no click, nothing. All good.

Jan 19, 2018 at 6:42 AM Post #5,995 of 18,889
We are running concurrent development for the Android version of Our Go Figure App However this is running about six weeks behind. It is certainly not the case that we consider Android users a lower priority at all.
Echoing @JMikey I'd also like to say that's great to hear John - similarly Poly/Mojo is my first purchase from Chord and was worried that Android development was being neglected.

Jan 19, 2018 at 8:03 AM Post #5,997 of 18,889
Also would it be possible to join the beta testing program for the Gofigure App! On IOS

Jan 19, 2018 at 8:05 AM Post #5,998 of 18,889

That's a nice thing to hear. The time will tell though.

In the meantime, I know this is probably too much to ask, but are you able to share any hints on app's functionality? Will it be able to do anything more, than replace configuration button (which seems to be its main purpose, considering the name)? I am totally aware, that streaming from Tidal/Spoitify is not quite possible except for BT chanell, but what about BT controlled SD playback we all seem to count on very much?

Jan 19, 2018 at 8:22 AM Post #5,999 of 18,889
Also would it be possible to join the beta testing program for the Gofigure App! On IOS

I would be interested to beta test too.

Jan 19, 2018 at 8:24 AM Post #6,000 of 18,889

Users who are viewing this thread

Back