Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jan 9, 2018 at 6:30 PM Post #5,656 of 18,757
It "COULD" be a poly issue, until this is confirmed by CHORD or enough reports out of the user base, then a generalisation is nothing other then speculation based on your personal experiences with your poly and your other personal gear.

It IS a Poly issue. Not sure what you don’t get. As Jackie Mason would say when asked what was wrong with his car he would respond “it’s broke”. The Poly is “broke” for MANY of us. Get over it. Be happy yours is working

Jan 9, 2018 at 6:45 PM Post #5,657 of 18,757
It IS a Poly issue. Not sure what you don’t get. As Jackie Mason would say when asked what was wrong with his car he would respond “it’s broke”. The Poly is “broke” for MANY of us. Get over it. Be happy yours is working

Where talking about Roon-Playback, don't we? My remarks are only about Roon-Playback, don't let us mix and match other issues which you (and others) sure may have with your poly's. So, again: Non-functional Roon-Playback is not a confirmed issue, wether via chord nor with enough reports here that one can make a generalized statement a'la "Roon Playback" is'nt working for us".

Jan 9, 2018 at 7:08 PM Post #5,658 of 18,757
Where talking about Roon-Playback, don't we? My remarks are only about Roon-Playback, don't let us mix and match other issues which you (and others) sure may have with your poly's. So, again: Non-functional Roon-Playback is not a confirmed issue, wether via chord nor with enough reports here that one can make a generalized statement a'la "Roon Playback" is'nt working for us".

We can go back and forth on this as much as you like

Reality: Roon streams wireless and flawlessly when my Mojo is connected to my Spectrr, wife’s MacBook or my iPhone at ALL resolutions. MojoPoly can’t stream above 96/24 and has dropouts with everything but redbook. Others have exactly the same experience while people like you have no issues.

Reality #2 chord has admitted to HW issues with turning the thing on

Reality # 3 my network works flawlessly with every single device and streams flawlessly and sniffs flawlessly

Fantasy # 1. May not be a Poly issue

Jan 9, 2018 at 7:10 PM Post #5,659 of 18,757
...Also, in regards to another post, it shock me the amount of complains on issues that have already been resolved, like gapless, or the missing first second...

cheers

Hi jark,

I would say I am Poly Fan #6, but I do not see the 1/4 second and gapless issues fixed on DLNA. With Roon, yes, but not glider. What are you referring to?

Thanks!

Jan 9, 2018 at 7:18 PM Post #5,660 of 18,757
Hi jark,

I would say I am Poly Fan #6, but I do not see the 1/4 second and gapless issues fixed on DLNA. With Roon, yes, but not glider. What are you referring to?

Thanks!

Fair enough jarnopp. You are absolutely right...the issue remains on DLNA and it should be address by CHORD.

As I've mentioned before and if you can (iOS user) get yourself the latest Glider app. Joe make it work on MPD and is perfect!....gapless and DSD capabilities.

Jan 9, 2018 at 7:20 PM Post #5,661 of 18,757
Fair enough jarnopp. You are absolutely right...the issue remains on DLNA and it should be address by CHORD.

As I've mentioned before and if you can (iOS user) get yourself the latest Glider app. Joe make it work on MPD and is perfect!....gapless and DSD capabilities.

I have Glider, but am using the latest public 1.6, not the 1.7 beta. Are you saying he's added MPD? I though Glider was only DLNA and Airplay.

Jan 9, 2018 at 7:27 PM Post #5,662 of 18,757
I have Glider, but am using the latest public 1.6, not the 1.7 beta. Are you saying he's added MPD? I though Glider was only DLNA and Airplay.

That's right, 1.7 beta adopted the MPD Protocol:

Joe is a genius!...in about a week he pretty much resolved all issues...High res album art, gapless palyback, DSD etc...currently there are some minor bugs but non that affect playback.

Ll-GkqmcO6cCq4FeaMZbneQI-c8TEfQ4q-S1iquG7qeDS3h3QeukIFE3p5GMbYBk06lL0UymCxe5l7diC-4ry5SiB9yUJ_2e9JG2BxeSenFs=s0-d-e1-ft

Ll-GkqmcO6cCq4FeaMZbneQI-c8TEfQ4q-S1iquG7qeDS3h3QeukIFE3p5GMbYBk06lL0UymCxe5l7diC-4ry5SiB9yUJ_2e9JG2BxeSenFs=s0-d-e1-ft

8gQBnPhEypCrlPyUaUfZFRkoxWL3vZ1ehnbWt5xb9yTkykmvGi4-QAVYv4ehyE7byH_Byq3F_WliR3bEkFy36vras-etrnTxuj-3wbh2JjsRBlRQwjsggNYBT9D-AgZGHb8SHdzJC35527ERV-VjnpCBhOyUd2TZfvcjOApcLfpTW1eBVDzxtJjFzw=s0-d-e1-ft

Glider Music Player 1.7.0 (1.7.0.4) for iOS is ready to test

What To Test:

** Please delete any existing versions of Glider before installing **

We've decided to adopt the MPD protocol for playback whenever possible, which means:

- True gapless playback
- No missing audio at the start of each track
- DSD support (though most songs still appear under 'Unknown')

FYI: We've removed the 'DLNA' suffix from the Poly's output name to avoid confusion.

Let us know what you think!

To test this app, open TestFlight on your iOS device using iOS 10.0 or later and install the update.

In order to use Glider Music Player, you agree that crash data as well as statistics about how you use Glider Music Player will be provided to Glider Audio LLC and linked to your email address. Glider Audio LLC may contact you regarding this information. You should review the Terms and Conditions of the TestFlight program, as well as the terms, policies, and practices of Glider Audio LLC. Beta apps may crash or result in data loss.

TestFlight is a service provided by Apple.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Unsubscribe
Copyright © 2018 Apple Inc. 1 Infinite Loop
Cupertino, CA 95014, United States.

Jan 9, 2018 at 7:33 PM Post #5,663 of 18,757
By the way, I've forgotten to mention that the current Beta is 1.7.0.9...almost every day theres a new test!

...I wish CHORD were as fast when comes to their GoFigure app...

Jan 9, 2018 at 7:37 PM Post #5,664 of 18,757
I haven’t been following this thread lately because after the pre-Christmas fw update that did absolutely nothing, I put my Poly on the shelf and haven’t touched it. I have the Mojo connected to my PC like others and it works fine. However, I will weigh in here to confirm Priaptor’s view that there is more than one Poly in the wild that won’t reliably stay connected to a Wifi network and/or stream from Roon or DLNA sources. The only thing my Poly does reliably is play from an SD card. Since my Poly was a gift, I am happy to keep it on the shelf and check back in regularly to see if Chord ever sorts this out. As an owner of the original Hugo, which blew up while being used a desktop DAC, I fully appreciate Chord’s tendency to blame the customer (you shouldn’t leave it plugged in all the time!). I have a very good alternatives for in-home streaming and mobile playing until if and when Chord gets around to issuing a recall/replacement or a fix. I’m not holding my breath however.

Jan 9, 2018 at 8:07 PM Post #5,665 of 18,757
We can go back and forth on this as much as you like

Reality: Roon streams wireless and flawlessly when my Mojo is connected to my Spectrr, wife’s MacBook or my iPhone at ALL resolutions. MojoPoly can’t stream above 96/24 and has dropouts with everything but redbook. Others have exactly the same experience while people like you have no issues.

Reality #2 chord has admitted to HW issues with turning the thing on

Reality # 3 my network works flawlessly with every single device and streams flawlessly and sniffs flawlessly

Fantasy # 1. May not be a Poly issue

Fantasy: "MojoPoly can’t stream Roon above 96/24 and has dropouts with everything but redbook..." still not true for all, still not a confirmed issue, still your personal experience!

We talk about Roon-Problems, all else isn't interesting in this regard, bc i don't have anything to comment an other "Reality's" you and others may sure experience. I commented on your Roon-Playback-Issues, nothing else, so please stay on topic Roon-Playback in your answer. Again: I say Roon-Playback Problems with files above 16/44 isn't a problem all have with poly, it's a isolated problem you have with your poly.

Jan 9, 2018 at 8:09 PM Post #5,666 of 18,757
Overall, I've been quite happy with my Poly. I've been using the Glider beta (1.7.0.x) which now does gapless on DLNA!! It's still got some glitches; it's a beta after all.

My 2 biggest gripes are:

1. Losing connections when I move to a different WAP. According to Mitch at Chord support, they are aware of issue and working to resolve it. (@Matt Bartlett , can you confirm this??) That was before the 1.0.10 FW update. As far as I can tell, that update did not improve this.

2. The GoFigure* app has still not been released. We are close to 3 months after the "official" (think air-quotes here) product release and still nada.

*Here's a little-known fact that I just made up: "GoFigure" became the official name after software engineers were asked why it wasn't ready, and they replied, "go figure."
:)

Jan 9, 2018 at 8:32 PM Post #5,667 of 18,757
Overall, I've been quite happy with my Poly. I've been using the Glider beta (1.7.0.x) which now does gapless on DLNA!! It's still got some glitches; it's a beta after all.

:)

As far as I know, Glider achived gapless playback by adopting the MPD protocol, so no DNLA...Joe may be able to confrim this.

Jan 9, 2018 at 8:35 PM Post #5,668 of 18,757
Jan 9, 2018 at 8:46 PM Post #5,669 of 18,757
Just wondering if all the "thousand" reported bad units have been returned? contacted Chord directly with the aforementioned issues in order to fix them?, or some just like to complain and do nothing? I totally understand the frustation but I mean, is quite simple, isn't.

As I've posted couple of weeks ago, my first unit had a phisical misaligntment with Mojo and there was no way to put them together...next day I went to the place I've purchased it and they gave me a brand new unit.

In the USA the resellers haven’t been informed of send your unit back program and those of us outside the return window continue to wait for Chord to do whatever it is they claim they are going to do.

I would gladly send it back if I could. Trust me.

Jan 9, 2018 at 9:02 PM Post #5,670 of 18,757
As far as I know, Glider achived gapless playback by adopting the MPD protocol, so no DNLA...Joe may be able to confrim this.

The answer is somewhere in the middle. DLNA is still being used for device discovery and to index your music library, but MPD is being used for all playback commands. DLNA has the benefit of not needing to manually configure your device host and port, and also provides a richer set of metadata over MPD when indexing your library. MPD has the benefit of being a much faster protocol, and on the Poly it also provides DSD and gapless playback, and doesn't suffer from the track start synchronization issue that can cause the start of each track to sound like it's been cut off.

It might sound like a big mess under the hood, but the goal is for you to just launch the app and listen to your music. No prior or future knowledge of MPD, DLNA or any other technical term required.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back