Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jan 9, 2018 at 5:10 PM Post #5,641 of 18,742
Well that got a nice response. I guess I should wait for the Poly2? I do have a Mojo and like it but connecting to an iPhone sucks. I mostly want it for air travel. Both SD card and Tidal off line content. I am not really looking to stream DSD to the device at home. I have speakers and multiple Roon zones.
I will also say, Roon starting a track then skipping to the next over and over could be Roon issue that I have had before. Rebooting my core solves it but it is annoying.

Jan 9, 2018 at 5:24 PM Post #5,642 of 18,742
In reply to the poster who asked about buying one.

There are quite a few on the thread who will advise you not to buy one, some of these by their own admission don't own the Poly! There are quite a few of us (more than a couple) who are more than happy with their purchase and can use it either at home or out and about with no issues what so ever. There does seem to be issues with possibly older older Mojo's not playing nicely with the Poly but if you are buying both together from a reputable dealer then it's likely you will be getting a newer Mojo which don't appear to have the same Poly power problem as older ones.

I know the numbers of units returned from my dealer and it’s much higher than normal for an electronic device. So i wouldn’t try to downplay the issues that are being seen in this thread as I have also seen and heard it from my dealer.

So a fair warning is in place imo if someone gets the Poly. It may work out fine, but there is also a significant possibility that it might not.

Where as my retailer that I used has had a lower than normal return rate! So in that respect there is a significant chance it will work fine!!

Just to recap for the poster who asked, yes you may get a Poly that when paired with an older Mojo might not power on as it should however like many here you get an experience that is similar to my own which is - powers on every time with no issues, plays from SD card, plays from tidal online and offline and streams with no issues from my network.

Jan 9, 2018 at 5:33 PM Post #5,643 of 18,742
Well that got a nice response. I guess I should wait for the Poly2? I do have a Mojo and like it but connecting to an iPhone sucks. I mostly want it for air travel. Both SD card and Tidal off line content. I am not really looking to stream DSD to the device at home. I have speakers and multiple Roon zones.
I will also say, Roon starting a track then skipping to the next over and over could be Roon issue that I have had before. Rebooting my core solves it but it is annoying.

...Continuing with my "irresponsable" opinion, again go ahead and get yourself one. I used it exactly the way you are planing too, reading from the SD card and Tidal off line via Poly Hotspot when on the go. Adding to that I've also play DSD via Glider (after the amazing job Joe has been doing) and as well with Roon at my home network without any issues.

Also, in regards to another post, it shock me the amount of complains on issues that have already been resolved, like gapless, or the missing first second...

cheers

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2018 at 5:43 PM Post #5,645 of 18,742
It’s getting there. GoFigure should help a lot for on the go. Personally I’d wait a month or so until the app comes out and check back then.
All jokes and frustration aside, this is probably the most sensible advice.

Jan 9, 2018 at 5:50 PM Post #5,646 of 18,742

Trust me it is not a ROON issue but a Poly issue. Hooking the same Mojo to my MacBook using the MacBook wirelessly at all resolutions ZERO dropouts. Right now the Poly sucks with Roon with anything above 96/24.

Plus all those saying things will get better are doing nothing but hoping things will get better. Based on past history I’m not convinced. The “goFigure” app where is it? That’s right we can’t release it until we release firmware to fix the Poly and round and round we go.

Telling you it’s ok to purchase one is irresponsible. Given my current experience and the “tiny number” of others who continue to experience should say all that needs to be said. Plus it’s not like Chord is fixing the issues the “tiny number” of us are experiencing in a timely matter.

Let me be blunt. At this point you have to be nuts to part with your money for this. Save your money especially if like me you want to stream hires Roon. Let me be the first to tell you my network is fine, have 350Mbs in every location around my house have absolutely no issue streaming or connecting with any other device. The ONLY issue I don’t have with the Poly is connecting to my network.

Jan 9, 2018 at 5:53 PM Post #5,647 of 18,742
Trust me it is not a ROON issue but a Poly issue. Hooking the same Mojo to my MacBook using the MacBook wirelessly at all resolutions ZERO dropouts. Right now the Poly sucks with Roon with anything above 96/24.

Mate I'd be happy to get it to work with 16/44.1. I get 5 seconds of playback, then a slow, stutter-y mess. I can happily stream 4K video on three screens at once, so the problem isn't my network.

Jan 9, 2018 at 6:00 PM Post #5,650 of 18,742
Thanks for the information on both sides. I think IF I do get one I will need to be able to return it if it does not work. I bought my Mojo used so have no idea if it is new or old.
If your in the UK then you should be fine if you buy from a decent retailer like Peter Tyson etc. Excellent service in my experience.

Jan 9, 2018 at 6:05 PM Post #5,651 of 18,742

Plus all those saying things will get better are doing nothing but hoping things will get better. Based on past history I’m not convinced. The “goFigure” app where is it? That’s right we can’t release it until we release firmware to fix the Poly and round and round we go.

Telling you it’s ok to purchase one is irresponsible. Given my current experience and the “tiny number” of others who continue to experience should say all that needs to be said. Plus it’s not like Chord is fixing the issues the “tiny number” of us are experiencing in a timely matter.

Let me be blunt. At this point you have to be nuts to part with your money for this. Save your money especially if like me you want to stream hires Roon. Let me be the first to tell you my network is fine, have 350Mbs in every location around my house have absolutely no issue streaming or connecting with any other device. The ONLY issue I don’t have with the Poly is connecting to my network.

Disagree. Roon is very stable for me, wether i play TIDAL 16/44 or anything higher up to DSD256. So, it's not a "poly"-issue. It may be an issue isolated on/in YOUR poly, maybe in combination with your network. Please don't generalize your issues.

Jan 9, 2018 at 6:06 PM Post #5,652 of 18,742
Thanks for the information on both sides. I think IF I do get one I will need to be able to return it if it does not work. I bought my Mojo used so have no idea if it is new or old.

If you buy a Poly it may work with your Mojo. However, if you later decide to sell it used it might not work with a new owner's Mojo.

Given that Chord have admitted that they need to change the HW then it makes sense to wait until you know you are buying a revised model.

Jan 9, 2018 at 6:10 PM Post #5,653 of 18,742
Disagree. Roon is very stable for me, wether i play TIDAL 16/44 or anything higher up to DSD256. So, it's not a "poly"-issue. It may be an issue isolated on/in YOUR poly, maybe in combination with your network. Please don't generalize your issues.

Sorry, but you are wrong. Even if it works for you it could still be an inherent Poly issue. Until the issue is root-caused we don't know.

For example, the initial FW didn't work with special characters in the WiFi SSID. If you didn't have special characters it would work fine for you, however it WAS a Poly issue.

Jan 9, 2018 at 6:11 PM Post #5,654 of 18,742
Sorry pal it’s a Poly issue. Like I said Roon streams seemlessly with a MacBook or even my iPhone connected to Mojo wirelessly so IT IS A POLY issue and not a generalization. If Chord is admitting to hardware issues with just getting the damn thing to turn on why invoke people’s networks or spew nonsensical comments about “generalizations” to those of us with perfectly fine networks.

It’s Poly. Not our networks. Clearly something different in hardware for those who have Polys that work and turn on compared to those who have Polys that don’t work.

So excuse me if I will continue to “generalize” regarding those of us with Polys that don’t work.

I’m happy you have one that works well.

Jan 9, 2018 at 6:23 PM Post #5,655 of 18,742
Sorry pal it’s a Poly issue. Like I said Roon streams seemlessly with a MacBook or even my iPhone connected to Mojo wirelessly so IT IS A POLY issue and not a generalization. If Chord is admitting to hardware issues with just getting the damn thing to turn on why invoke people’s networks or spew nonsensical comments about “generalizations” to those of us with perfectly fine networks.

It’s Poly. Not our networks. Clearly something different in hardware for those who have Polys that work and turn on compared to those who have Polys that don’t work.

So excuse me if I will continue to “generalize” regarding those of us with Polys that don’t work.

I’m happy you have one that works well.

It "COULD" be a poly issue, until this is confirmed by CHORD or enough reports out of the user base, then a generalisation is nothing other then speculation based on your personal experiences with your poly and your other personal gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back