Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jan 9, 2018 at 1:45 PM Post #5,627 of 18,757
puOvFt9.png

Chord Electronics Qutest product announcement

Welcome Qutest! Born out of our multi award-winning Hugo 2 FPGA technology, Qutest is a sleek new home system DAC at a great price. Combining Rob Watts’ digital design (with 750x the power of a conventional chip DAC), with a gorgeous new compact chassis design by John Franks, Qutest is the world’s most advanced compact DAC. Future-proof, with support for up 768kHz PCM and native DSD 512 files, Qutest can be used to instantly upgrade CD transports and players, streamers, computers, tablets, smartphones and headphones with a suitable headphone amplifier.

7Mkhgh3.jpg

Click here to join the Head-Fi discussion ... or click here to be taken to the Chord Electronics website to learn more about Qutest

Congratulations to Chord Electronics. Superb innovation and quality coming out of the UK.

Jan 9, 2018 at 2:31 PM Post #5,629 of 18,757
So is this supposed to be something that replaces the Mojo since it's also aimed at smartphone use? :p

edit: never mind, I see you can't plug headphones into it. So it's something to be used with an external amplifier it seems.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2018 at 4:18 PM Post #5,630 of 18,757
puOvFt9.png

Chord Electronics Qutest product announcement

Welcome Qutest! Born out of our multi award-winning Hugo 2 FPGA technology, Qutest is a sleek new home system DAC at a great price. Combining Rob Watts’ digital design (with 750x the power of a conventional chip DAC), with a gorgeous new compact chassis design by John Franks, Qutest is the world’s most advanced compact DAC. Future-proof, with support for up 768kHz PCM and native DSD 512 files, Qutest can be used to instantly upgrade CD transports and players, streamers, computers, tablets, smartphones and headphones with a suitable headphone amplifier.

7Mkhgh3.jpg

Click here to join the Head-Fi discussion ... or click here to be taken to the Chord Electronics website to learn more about Qutest

I'm interested to know who thought it would be a good idea to advertise your new product in a thread that is full of people telling you that the last product they bought from you doesn't work they way you promised it would...

Jan 9, 2018 at 4:33 PM Post #5,633 of 18,757
So is anyone happy with the Poly? I really want one for air travel but this thread is a nightmare.

It’s rolling the dice. If you are lucky and all the stars align for you, it will work quite well I think. (Me for example seem to be unlucky that I had a few wrong Poly’s and when I finally got a Poly that works great, my Chord Mojo is bad with this Poly. )

I guess you can try and see if you are lucky getting everything right the first time?

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2018 at 4:37 PM Post #5,634 of 18,757
So is anyone happy with the Poly? I really want one for air travel but this thread is a nightmare.

At this time Chord have acknowledged that there are HW problems that prevent or delay power on with some Mojos and have indicated that a new HW release is in progress.

Given that there is no certainty that you would get a new version, and given that the iOS app. is yet to be released I would suggest you wait until there is a bit better feedback on the forums.

A couple of people seem relatively happy, but their use cases appear to be relatively static listening around the home.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2018 at 4:39 PM Post #5,635 of 18,757

I'Am.

As some have already post, there are many of us happy with Poly. It is unfortunate that some people have expierenced issues with their units, but if you think how many have been sold and the few people that have post their problems I think you are good to go. Worst case if you are one of the un lucky ones, simply go to your local shop and replace it. One piece of advice I can give you is to read the manual, check the faq section at the Chord site, watch Jeremmy Laurenson video tutorials and get yourself the Glider app... and be patient, especially when swtiching modes, or reading your SD card library etc. Things seem to take a little longer at the beginning but then they go smothly...at least in my expierence everything works fine, except as I've pointed out before the use of the pin tool is lets say annoying and not really 21st century...

@ CHORD come on! GOFIGURE APP!...it's been ONE full year

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2018 at 4:45 PM Post #5,636 of 18,757

If you have a Mojo and love it for its sound, then go and get a poly. If possible try it with your usecase at your dealer and take into account that it will develop further with new firmware updates and the forthcoming app all will be much easier. If you hate to fiddle with network-settings and the like then it may be better to wait until the app is out.

my 2c

Jan 9, 2018 at 4:47 PM Post #5,637 of 18,757
I'm interested to know who thought it would be a good idea to advertise your new product in a thread that is full of people telling you that the last product they bought from you doesn't work they way you promised it would...

I would think that it is someone at Chord that knows how many Poly devices have been sold vs the number of disgruntled voices in this thread. Last year we were told over 4000 were sold. There certainly aren't 4000 people complaining on this thread.

Jan 9, 2018 at 4:50 PM Post #5,638 of 18,757
I'Am.

As some have already post, there are many of us happy with Poly. It is unfortunate that some people have expierenced issues with their units, but if you think how many have been sold and the few people that have post their problems I think you are good to go. Worst case if you are one of the un lucky ones, simply go to your local shop and replace it. One piece of advice I can give you is to read the manual, check the faq section at chord site and be patient, especially when swtiching modes, or reading your SD card library etc. Things seem to take a little longer at the beginning but then they gp smothly...at least in my expierence everything works fine, except as I've pointed out before the use of the pin tool is lets say annoying and not really 21st century... @ CHORD come on! GOFIGURE APP!...it's been ONE full year

Your post has to be one of the more irresponsible posts in replying to someone looking for an answer of whether to buy one

First you have no clue as to how many they have sold and more importantly how many were returned because the thing doesn’t work as advertised. When the company admits that they have to replace the unit because they recognize it doesn’t turn on with many Mojos, that =PROBLEM. As yet there is no software or hardware fix for the issues “MANY” not just a few who choose to post here. Plus how do you know how many with problems aren’t posting here. There are probably tons of people with the Poly who don’t know about this thread, have chosen to work through their issues with Chord or reseller direct.

I had a wonderful day today finally getting my Poly to turn on only to have every track from Knopfler’s hires Tracker 192/24 stop and go on to the next track in Roon mode. But hey it turned on and connected so I guess that is an endorsement to run out and buy a Poly.

Jan 9, 2018 at 4:58 PM Post #5,639 of 18,757
I would think that it is someone at Chord that knows how many Poly devices have been sold vs the number of disgruntled voices in this thread. Last year we were told over 4000 were sold. There certainly aren't 4000 people complaining on this thread.

I know the numbers of units returned from my dealer and it’s much higher than normal for an electronic device. So i wouldn’t try to downplay the issues that are being seen in this thread as I have also seen and heard it from my dealer.

So a fair warning is in place imo if someone gets the Poly. It may work out fine, but there is also a signficant possibility that it might not.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2018 at 4:59 PM Post #5,640 of 18,757
If you buy one expecting to be able to play music quickly, on-the-go, and when you want to, you're going to have a bad time. It sounds great, sure, but that's extremely conditional to WHEN and IF it works.

The conditions include:

- A "surprise!" lottery for when it will turn on

- Being adept at microsurgery with a small pin (and being able to remember where it is!)

- Having patience for configuring networks and the the ability to blame your ISP, router, network, phone manufacturer, and app manufacturer instead of your hardware manufacturer

- Being prepared for trial and error with a bunch of 3rd-party apps

- Not being infuriated by 2-3 total connection drop-outs per album (in both network and wifi mode)

- Gapless playback, and the first half-second of each track being "nice to haves", but unimportant to you

- Problem-shooting and crowd-sourcing solutions with other beta-testers

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back