Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jan 8, 2018 at 11:45 AM Post #5,613 of 18,821
The three colours flashing is what it does when it's scanning and creating databases for the microSD card. It'll stop and return to solid coloured light after a short while.

Hi @Peter Hyatt. Yes as @Feedbacker has said if you insert a new SD card or change the music on your current card then Poly will need to build the database and artwork files. This is now indicated by the P status light cycling through the colours. The time is takes to do this depends on how big your music library is - as a very rough guide allow 1 minute for every 1000 music files you have on your card.

Jan 8, 2018 at 4:43 PM Post #5,617 of 18,821
I wouldn't be all that surprised if Chord finally launched the Go Figure app tomorrow along with their announcements.

I guess they at least will announce and show it, because they have to. Hence, they have announced poly last CES afaik, so they may at least show it and tell that in a few weeks it will finally here. You can be sure that not only journalists will ask them on there booth and they also have to show a working Mojo-Poly combi with all the bells and wisthles and the app. It still is a relatively new product and a important one which they may and could be proud of.

But it could also be that mojo-poly sits just in a lonely corner if they announce another breathtaking product which steals mojo-poly the show. My guess is that John Franks may do both, because they stand behind there products for years to come. I have great trust in CHORD and in Johns words and in there ability to innovate. And i guess they may have learnt a bit or two from the release of poly. So, it could only get better. For all of us.

Jan 8, 2018 at 5:16 PM Post #5,618 of 18,821
My wife reported her first successful hotspot connection at work location.

Seamless play through Glider.

The start up was the only issue, but she carries a power brick anyway. Reconnecting it worked.

She is happy.

Jan 8, 2018 at 7:11 PM Post #5,620 of 18,821
I cannot resist pointing out the remarkable applicability of an old Stanley Brothers song, granting some poetic license, to my feelings about Poly. There
s country song for every occasion. Just kidding but try this for fun:

Oh Polly, Pretty Polly, would you take me unkind
Polly, Pretty Polly, would you take me unkind
Let me set beside you and tell you my mind

Well my mind is to marry and never to part
My mind is to marry and never to part
The first time I saw you it wounded my heart

Oh Polly Pretty Polly come go along with me
Polly Pretty Polly come go along with me
Before we get married some pleasures to see

Oh he led her over mountains and valleys so deep
He led her over hills and valleys so deep
Pretty Polly mistrusted and then began to weep

Oh Willie, Little Willie, I'm afraid to of your ways
Willie, Little Willie, I'm afraid of your ways
The way you've been rambling you'll lead me astray

Oh Polly, Pretty Polly, your guess is about right
Polly, Pretty Polly, your guess is about right
I dug on your grave the biggest part of last night

Oh she knelt down before him a pleading for her life
She knelt down before him a pleading for her life
Let me be a single girl if I can't be your wife

Oh Polly, Pretty Polly that never can be
Polly, Pretty Polly that never can be
Your past recitation's been trouble to me

Oh went down to the jailhouse and what did he say
He went down to the jailhouse and what did he say
I've killed Pretty Polly and trying to get away

Songwriters: B.F. Shelton

Jan 8, 2018 at 8:30 PM Post #5,621 of 18,821
Yes, +1 here. Despite a single failed start and the initially displaced light tube I enjoy mine almost daily with no issues whatsoever.
I +1 your +1. I love my Mojopoly. I have 400GB of high-res content for off-the-grid enjoyment in the mountains, but mostly listen to TIDAL via Roon in the living room. It's connected by a Black Dragon v2 to Focal Utopias. Audio quality is stunning. I'm particularly surprised by how good MQA content sounds (despite the fact that it's not hw/sw unfolded). Really hoping that Roon will add MQA software unfolding soon...

Jan 8, 2018 at 9:39 PM Post #5,622 of 18,821
Just noting that Poly works great for me when I can get it to turn on. Normally this takes a few power cycles of the Mojo. Occasionally I'll get lucky and it will turn on immediately while other times I have to plug it in to a charger for a second to convince it to power up. Bought my Mojo from Moon Audio in Oct 2016. Looking forward to a fix for this issue as otherwise Poly has been great. Is there anything we need to do now to register for a replacement?

Jan 9, 2018 at 10:09 AM Post #5,623 of 18,821
I received poly in mid Nov ‘17. I’m starting to see improvement to my mojopoly user experience.

Now, Poly turn-on time has reduced and i can connect to poly readily. When i first got it, getting poly to turn-on may take quite a while. Occasionally, poly didn’t turn on and i gotta switch off and on mojo.

Now, I’m finally able to switch freely between various apps (apple music player, youtube, NePlayer, Glider, etc) without problem. Previously, whenever i switch app, i gotta fully close the current app and re-select poly in new app.

I am one of those who experienced stuck SD card. And it really upset me cos i didn’t expect such a thing to occur for a product at this price-point. Thankfully, the shop sent it to the local distributor and they got it fixed quickly.

I sincerely hope things will get better and better with the mojopoly.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2018 at 1:40 PM Post #5,624 of 18,821
M2yZmLN.png

CHORD ELECTRONICS ARE PROUD TO INTRODUCE

b6vMZVr.png

cpjBYkA.jpg

Born out of our multi award-winning Hugo 2 FPGA technology, Qutest is a sleek new home system DAC at a great price. Combining Rob Watts’ digital design (with 750x the power of a conventional chip DAC), with a gorgeous new compact chassis design by John Franks, Qutest is the world’s most advanced compact DAC. Future-proof, with support for up 768kHz PCM and native DSD 512 files, Qutest can be used to instantly upgrade CD transports and players, streamers, computers, tablets, smartphones and headphones with a suitable headphone amplifier.

NrGQOhi.jpg

Click here to join the Head-Fi discussion ... or click here to be taken to the Chord Electronics website to learn more about Qutest

MUgtd3d.png

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2018 at 1:43 PM Post #5,625 of 18,821
puOvFt9.png

Chord Electronics Qutest product announcement

Welcome Qutest! Born out of our multi award-winning Hugo 2 FPGA technology, Qutest is a sleek new home system DAC at a great price. Combining Rob Watts’ digital design (with 750x the power of a conventional chip DAC), with a gorgeous new compact chassis design by John Franks, Qutest is the world’s most advanced compact DAC. Future-proof, with support for up 768kHz PCM and native DSD 512 files, Qutest can be used to instantly upgrade CD transports and players, streamers, computers, tablets, smartphones and headphones with a suitable headphone amplifier.

7Mkhgh3.jpg

Click here to join the Head-Fi discussion ... or click here to be taken to the Chord Electronics website to learn more about Qutest
And this good for us MojoPoly owners because ?????

Users who are viewing this thread

Back