Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Dec 29, 2017 at 7:43 PM Post #5,386 of 18,896
Forums and the internet in general provide a place where people can express frustration, hate and anger. Or they can get help, share experiences with others and communicate to the manufacturer. At the other extreme there are the hobbyists and fans who express their satisfaction, do reviews and share experiences. Every thread has a little different mix of personalities. I suppose different kinds of products and companies draw a different mix but one thing's for sure. If a product has problems or defects, there will be complaints and it wouldn't be an unfair generalization to conclude that the distribution will be skewed towards posters with product problems and people who want to raise their voices in frustration.

All of that said, I came into this thread late after having read it from one end to another. I did two things as a result of reading the thread. One is I bought a Poly. The other is that I decided to join the conversation to follow progress, and try to be constructive and positive. I like Chord and their products but I am not going to shy away from honest criticism when it's due. The extreme example of doing something constructive instead of complaining is @JeremyLaurenson who Chord cites for making helpful contributions. He has not, however, shied away from politely stated criticism where warranted. Please join his Poly Wiki. PM him to get set up to help grow the information that's being posted there.

My impression from reading this thread is that it had (past tense) a very bad dynamic. I think it was more negative than average. But I also get the feeling things are beginning to fall into place and we are beginning to pull together. We're airing it out so no point blaming or pointing fingers in any direction. It just doesn't help. But then the network name for my Poly is Polyanna. One might speculate that the unusually high quality and exceptional performance of Chord's prior products attracted a unique group of people to this forum. People who expect exceptional performance and quality and are willing to pay for it. I could go on and on but I think that particular group may be a demographic that is more likely to be frustrated and have a higher expectation for communication and solutions.

Dec 29, 2017 at 11:10 PM Post #5,387 of 18,896
The settings to see the firmware version details are different from those needed to update firmware.

To see the firmware page you need to have Poly in hot spot mode, set your phone in wifi discover mode and switch on Poly with headphones connected. Use the pin tool to press for a second and you should hear what mode and ip address Poly is in (if it appears on the wifi page of your phone select that and you are in Poly hot spot mode. If not press the pin for about 7 seconds and it should say entering access mode - then Poly should appear on your phone so select it. In this mode when you access the poly web page it should read your settings and firmware details. If this works chekc your wifi details for your network and have the hot-spot option unchecked for now.

To update you need to be in networked mode, not Poly hotspot. If you have set the wi-fi details to connect to a nework with internet access the follow the turn on/off details Matt gave you. But first make sure you are in the right mode by pressing the config pin for a second and check the ip address it gives you - it should match your network settings and not be 192.168.0.nn. If 192.168.0.nn then make sure you have disconnected your phone from Poly and repeat the 7 second press and enter access mode - this time Poly should seek your network, again check with the headphones for the new ip address.

When I am in Poly hotspot mode I get the config page fine, but when in network mode I get another web page completely.

Hope this helps.
Thank you, but I tried everything, and I come to the same page while I am in hotspot mode, I will leave away my poly until there is a better way to upgrade, meanwhile, I will use my Onky DP-S1 with the iFI nano BL, which after the last update is working without problems, and can read two 400Gb sd cards.xiiis

Best regards

Dec 30, 2017 at 12:37 AM Post #5,388 of 18,896
Everyone should also bear in mind that CES 2018 opens in just 9 days. I expect that John, Matt and Rob will all be attending for the press releases and presentations of the new Chord products - I imagine that if they are devoting any time to work this week, their focus will be on ensuring that everything (products, presentations, flights, hotels, etc....) is ready for CES.

in that case, i hope the app will be released in time for CES 2018 otherwise it would be kinda strange to see Matt, John and Rob poking about with a pin when they're doing their Poly demo @ CES 2018...

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2017 at 1:45 AM Post #5,389 of 18,896
... it would be kinda strange to see Matt, John and Rob poking about with a pin when they're doing their Poly demo @ CES 2018...

Yet rather humorous if they were to lose said pin.

Dec 30, 2017 at 5:21 AM Post #5,391 of 18,896
I haven't seen a thread here on head-fi where people complained about a product as much as this one.

I look into the Chord Dave thread, it's fine there. I look into the Hugo 2 thread, everything is fine there also. I look in the Focal Utopia thread and there are a few people complaining about warranty, but nothing major.

So it's quite unique what we are seeing here with the Poly.

And also I did not see any vile comments unless they were subsequently deleted.
Critical yes but not vile.
Take the praise then take the blame too.

Dec 30, 2017 at 5:56 AM Post #5,392 of 18,896
Glider beta updated to a new version today, and it supports HIGH resolution album arts now.
I originally thought that's a Poly problem, and needs to be fixed by Chord's side, but Glider somehow found a way to overcome this.
BIG THANKS to @joe28

I highly recommend everyone to get on the Glider's testflight!

Dec 30, 2017 at 9:45 AM Post #5,395 of 18,896
I originally thought that's a Poly problem, and needs to be fixed by Chord's side, but Glider somehow found a way to overcome this.
BIG THANKS to @joe28

I highly recommend everyone to get on the Glider's testflight!

It is a Poly issue but @joe28 is a very smart cookie and fishes in the original FLAC or MP3 for the art.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2017 at 11:07 AM Post #5,396 of 18,896
When fully charged and powered down, should P light still be blinking blue?

Woke up to it this morning P blinking and will not connect to wifi nor will allow for blue tooth connection. I've powered down several times, and took mojo off poly.

Dec 30, 2017 at 11:09 AM Post #5,397 of 18,896

Woke up to it this morning P blinking and will not connect to wifi nor will allow for blue tooth connection. I've powered down several times, and took mojo off poly.
Hit that config hole and put it into hotspot mode and check the settings. It’s possible something has gone awry

Try removing and adding back your network.

Flashing blue is “unable to find a network I know about and connect”

Dec 30, 2017 at 11:13 AM Post #5,398 of 18,896

The blinking blue P-light means Poly is looking for a Wi-Fi network and cannot find (or join) one. You might try using the pin and going into the Poly webpage. Once there you can re-enter the SSID and password for your network, save, and reboot on save. Poly may come up looking for a net work and rejoin your network.

Has anything changed on your network? If you are trying to join an iPhone hotspot open the iPhone system controls to the hotspot activation page and leave that open while Poly tries to join. It's worth looking at Jeremy's wiki for help with this. http://www.map-pin.com/wiki/doku.php?id=chordpoly#recommended_settings_for_various_scenariosios

Dec 30, 2017 at 11:43 AM Post #5,399 of 18,896
thank your response.

The night before, it worked without issue (using blue tooth) and was put on the charger over night, turned off.

This morning, I noticed it was blinking blue (search) even when off. I could not get the light to turn off.

I had tried turning on and off, repeatedly, removing poly from mojo, and even tried exchanging mojos with another, and then tried the pin to refigure, without success.

I put it back on the charger and the light instantly went out. Back working. It took about 30 minutes of trying different things. I hope it was just a weird connection issue and not something more.

relieved.

Dec 30, 2017 at 11:55 AM Post #5,400 of 18,896
thank your response.

I put it back on the charger and the light instantly went out. Back working. It took about 30 minutes of trying different things. I hope it was just a weird connection issue and not something more.

relieved.

Sometimes it does seem like Poly is possessed. Glad to hear it worked itself out of whatever other-worldly state it had gone to.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back